American Idol 6 - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually really like Phil. I think he has the strongest male voice and doesn't get enough credit for it.

Haley needs to go for sure, but for some reason people keep voting for her. I think Lakisha will be gone in the next few weeks. She's been on the decline every week since the beginning.

Booted tonight: Haley or Lakisha. And they'll make it seem like a big shock that Lakisha is in the bottom 3, even though it really isn't that shocking.

Golightly Grrl said:
Paula found it hot, but I found it skeevy, like Chris was going to give my television an STD.

And just so you know Simon, the reason why it sounds contemporary is because it’s only a few years old. It wasn’t a hit when your favorite punching bag, Sanjaya, was a twinkle in his daddy’s eye.

However, I was completely unnerved by his underage eye shagging of the camera.

I’m not so sure about Legs and Nosferatu. Results night should be interesting.

:lmao:!!!

I really liked Blake last night :love: (as always!) Sanjaya wasnt as bad as usual, but I still hated him. I was hoping that he would really suck last night so maybe he'd open America's eyes to see that he really sucks. :shrug:

Gotta give props to Sanjaya for singing in Spanish.....it sounded very fluid, not forced or contrived....
I agree with the person who said Jennifer Lopez redeemded herself a bit last night...she genuinely seemded to be very interested and helpful....

I think it will be Haley and Phil in the bottom this week...although Phil did not sound as bad as usual, in my opinion:|

OK a whole lot of meh for me last night...nothing outstanding, but at least nobody totally blew. My vote would go to JLo of course :)

I seriously have to ask...what is so great about Blake & Chris R? Blake last night, to me, was a nice karaoke of the Marc Anthony version, no originality at all...but the judges orgasmed all over it, and apparently everyone in this thread except me loves him, so what am I missing? He's an OK singer, sure...but my gut feeling is it's the same deal as Antonella & Haley, people voting with their eyes rather than their ears. Understandable...personally I'd rather see Haley than Blake any time.

Oh and I'm really becoming annoyed with the judges...I used to dig Simon's wit but even he's pissing me off lately.

CTU2fan said:
I seriously have to ask...what is so great about Blake & Chris R? Blake last night, to me, was a nice karaoke of the Marc Anthony version, no originality at all...but the judges orgasmed all over it, and apparently everyone in this thread except me loves him, so what am I missing? He's an OK singer, sure...but my gut feeling is it's the same deal as Antonella & Haley, people voting with their eyes rather than their ears. Understandable...personally I'd rather see Haley than Blake any time.

I'm not that crazy about Blake's voice either or anyone on this show for that matter! I just like his voice and his whole style and attitude better than some of the others like Haley, Sanjaya or Phil. Phil is alright but Haley is not great at all. :huh: Melinda, Jordin and Blake are my favorites. Not thrilled about Lakisha. Chris annoys me with his JT wannabe voice. :mad: Actually Jordin also annoys me with her "heart shape" sign that she does with her hands all the freakin time... and her almost fake looking smile.

Unfortunately I don't think Sanjaya will be in the bottom 3.

I have the TiVo set for tonite, as I will be at a baseball game

Am I the only one who thought J. Lo did an awesome job tonight? Her voice sounded great IMO. Also, like everyone said she really was an awesome guest coach. She seemed to genuinely care. I really like this new humble, down-to-earth J. Lo. She's a done a 180 from that almost arrogant diva that she came across as a few years ago.

Phil: "I'm just blessed to be here, man."

That sounded so fake! like he was forcing himself to say something positive! Most of the things the contestants say in response to Ryan's annoying "put em in the spot" questions come off annoying to me. I'll bet many of them bad mouth the show left and right once they're out, since they're no longer under that pressure to keep their mouth shut. The fakeness of it all disgusts me and yet I continue to watch it every week. :rolleyes:

That was the best Golightly Girl recap ever :lol: I bow to your comic genius.

So Haley finally went? I didn't see the show. Does that mean Sanjaya will start wearing the hot pants now?

Does anyone remember her?

0411_olivia_mojica_exclu.jpg

Olivia Mojica, a top 24 contestant on Season Two of "American Idol," has a sex tape that will be released soon, sources tell TMZ.

We're told the tape is "very explicit" and features 40 minutes of "smoking hot sex." One source who says he has seen the tape put it this way -- "It's the nastiest tape I've ever seen."

We're told the tape was shot with her boyfriend, but we don't know when. A website featuring a preview of the tape will launch soon, similar to the site created specifically for Kim Kardashian's sex tape.

We're told Vivid Entertainment is the front-runner to distribute the tape. Steven Hirsch, co-chairman of the company, said he cannot comment at this time.

Mojica was 18 at the time of her appearance on "American Idol." Lately, she has been singing with the East coast rock band, The Watchdogs.

Mojica could not be reached for comment.

Sanjaya will never lose as long as people keep wanting him to. There are people out there voting multiple times for him just to piss off those of you who don't want him around.

I was sorry to see Haley go. I was hoping it would be Phil, he's stayed long after any worth he ever had. Maybe next week.

OK I'm relatively sure Phil will be next, then Chris R...they've been bottom 3 regulars. So tentatively the top 5 is Blake, Jordin, LaKisha, Melinda, and...Sanjaya. At that point Sanjaya might finally buy his ticket, though it might just be LaKisha, which means I'll need some new pissed-off icons :mad: :censored: :mad: :censored:

AI Recaps-April 11th
The Results

Yes, if it’s Wednesday night, then it’s results night. Ryan claims the AI contestants brought flair, passion, and style to Latin Night. Ryan must have been watching a different American Idol. I thought the contestants brought fatigue, passiveness, and sacrilege.

What would AI results night be without a group sing? Well, probably a better night. I was bored during their sleepwalking. The wine label from the bottle of Riesling I was drinking was more entertaining. I usually love the group sings. They’re so cheesy and fun. But this one was so blah.

After the group sing, Ryan introduces the winners of last week’s Idol Challenge and tells us to face this week’s Idol Challenge. He also mentions that the winner can win 10,000 dollars. This means nothing to Simon. 10,000 dollars is his yearly T-shirt budget.

Now Akon comes out to sing “No Matter.” No, it doesn’t matter. I know I’m rapidly entering my dotage, but is this what the kids are listening to? Eesh!!

During the pimpmercial, featuring the Turtles’ song “Happy Together,” the contestants morph into each other. Now we know what would happen if they mated and had lots of AI babies, not pretty.

But AI turns serious when it discusses “Idol Gives Back.” Some footage of Simon in Africa is shown. I wish we would learn what African country Simon and Ryan visited. It’s almost as if Africa is treated as a huge country rather than a diverse continent. Oh well. Simon shows us “School in a Box” that can educate children for not much money. Simon introduces one of the students, Caroline. Sweet Caroline is my new hero for drawing a picture of Simon with his moobs. I know I’ve complained about Simon’s moobs, but Caroline actually has the guts to draw a picture of them. She’s braver than I am. I want her brought back to AI for "Idol Gives Back" night.

But what about the results? Melinda is safe, as is Jordin. I had a strange idea LaKisha might be in the bottom three, but she’s safe. Not surprisingly, one of my favorites of last night, Blake, is safe. After screwing with Sanjaya’s head, Ryan announces that he, too, is safe. The usual suspects, Phil, Haley, and Chris end up on the AI Seal of Failure.

But do we let everyone know who is leaving us? Of course not! We need a guest performance before we can get to why we tune into Wednesday nights. Our Lady of Badonkadonk, Jennifer Lopez must perform. J-Lo wears a hotel curtain that appears to have been shredded by my cat. She sings a song from her Spanish language CD. Is she lip-synching? From what I’ve heard, La Lopez’s vocals are Pro-tooled to death. And if you can’t dazzle people with your singing, dazzle them with dramatics, wind machines, smoke, and lighting.

Okay, J-Lo is done. Let’s get on with it. Who is going home? Phil is deemed safe, as is Chris. Yes, Haley is going home. I guess her Legs of Victory are her Legs of Defeat. Well, I’m sure Princess Cruise Lines would be interested in hiring her. And did you see Sharon Osbourne in the audience during Haley's sing-out? Could she be any more less impressed? Now maybe if Haley would have bit the head off a bat....

Last edited:
Golightly Grrl said:
Simon shows us “School in a Box” that can educate children for not much money. Simon introduces one of the students, Caroline. Sweet Caroline is my new hero for drawing a picture of Simon with his moobs.

That was the highlight of the night. :lmao: :heart:

Golightly Grrl said:
AI Recaps-April 11th
The Results

Yes, if it’s Wednesday night, then it’s results night. Ryan claims the AI contestants brought flair, passion, and style to Latin Night. Ryan must have been watching a different American Idol. I thought the contestants brought fatigue, passiveness, and sacrilege.

What would AI results night be without a group sing? Well, probably a better night. I was bored during their sleepwalking. The wine label from the bottle of Riesling I was drinking was more entertaining. I usually love the group sings. They’re so cheesy and fun. But this one was so blah.

After the group sing, Ryan introduces the winners of last week’s Idol Challenge and tells us to face this week’s Idol Challenge. He also mentions that the winner can win 10,000 dollars. This means nothing to Simon. 10,000 dollars is his yearly T-shirt budget.

Now Akon comes out to sing “No Matter.” No, it doesn’t matter. I know I’m rapidly entering my dotage, but is this what the kids are listening to? Eesh!!

During the pimpmercial, featuring the Turtles’ song “Happy Together,” the contestants morph into each other. Now we know what would happen if they mated and had lots of AI babies, not pretty.

But AI turns serious when it discusses “Idol Gives Back.” Some footage of Simon in Africa is shown. I wish we would learn what African country Simon and Ryan visited. It’s almost as if Africa is treated as a huge country rather than a diverse continent. Oh well. Simon shows us “School in a Box” that can educate children for not much money. Simon introduces one of the students, Caroline. Sweet Caroline is my new hero for drawing a picture of Simon with his moobs. I know I’ve complained about Simon’s moobs, but Caroline actually has the guts to draw a picture of them. She’s braver than I am. I want her brought back to AI for "Idol Gives Back" night.

But what about the results? Melinda is safe, as is Jordin. I had a strange idea LaKisha might be in the bottom three, but she’s safe. Not surprisingly, one of my favorites of last night, Blake, is safe. After screwing with Sanjaya’s head, Ryan announces that he, too, is safe. The usual suspects, Phil, Haley, and Chris end up on the AI Seal of Failure.

But do we let everyone know who is leaving us? Of course not! We need a guest performance before we can get to why we tune into Wednesday nights. Our Lady of Badonkadonk, Jennifer Lopez must perform. J-Lo wears a hotel curtain that appears to have been shredded by my cat. She sings a song from her Spanish language CD. Is she lip-synching? From what I’ve heard, La Lopez’s vocals are Pro-tooled to death. And if you can’t dazzle people with your singing, dazzle them with dramatics, wind machines, smoke, and lighting.

Okay, J-Lo is done. Let’s get on with it. Who is going home? Phil is deemed safe, as is Chris. Yes, Haley is going home. I guess her Legs of Victory are her Legs of Defeat. Well, I’m sure Princess Cruise Lines would be interested in hiring her. And did you see Sharon Osbourne in the audience during Haley's sing-out? Could she be any more less impressed? Now maybe if Haley would have bit the head off a bat....

Hilarious :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
love the Jennifer Lopez hotel curtains comment!

When is creepy Phil going to get booted:angry:

and how many more nights are we going to have to watch Sunjaya woooo 12 year olds:barf:....and was he TRYING too look like Marc Anthony?!

Back
Top Bottom