the first time...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
So... when was the first time you looked at your guy and thought, "Hey, I like HIM"? Find one or two pictures and post them, if you can, of the exact era/look/outfit/shot/pic/whatever.

For mine, I was thinking back on the first time Adam struck me, it was last December on the DirecTV U2 month thing? I was a Bono girl back then but I'd watch all four hours just to see Mofo cos Adam really intrigued me...
adam.jpg

mmm, Adamtastic...

well...i like each of the guys for diff reasons, but i like adam the most "like that" so here's the moment...when i was but a new obsessive fan...i laughed cause the longest shot of him was during the lyrics "you are such a fool"...and he has a wet spot on his shirt...so, is it pitiful that i know the exact moment when this still was taken? mayhaps...anyway, here goes:
3364888723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E7%3A6%3E2%3B2%3Ewsnrcg%3D323238%3A77%3B94%3Anu0mrj

also...i though it was so cute how they interacted with eachother (still do :))...aww...upsidedown grin!
3364888723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E7%3A6%3E2%3B2%3Ewsnrcg%3D323238%3A77%3B9%3A4nu0mrj

yup...that's about it...

well, I've never really switched men like some of you. I s'pose I started an Edge girl, but was never attracted to him, just liked him best at first, b/c I thought Bono was insane, which I still sorta think, so I guess that's pretty lame.......anyway, I've only been a serious fan for little over a year, so it would have to be Elevation Bono, although now I love them all, even Pop Bono! I remember when I first started saving U2/Bono pics, back when like 200 was a huge deal to me (now I'm pushing for 10,000) and this was always my favorite early on and sometimes still is:

3364888723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E842%3E639%3Ewsnrcg%3D323238%3B772948nu0mrj

as for like the first moment when I made up my mind over who I liked best for real, I'm not exactly sure....I think it was in Laura's basement, one of those thousands of times we watched the Boston concert. :shrug: I must say the Live Aid Bononess has taken some getting used to, but I'm accepting of it all now! :hug: :bono:

I've been always a Bono girl since I'm a U2 fan. The first CD I bought was ATYCLB and I remember being sitting with a couple of friends in a bar and me looking at the cover thinking "This is my man... ". It was love at first sight. At that moment I knew that was the beginning of something... and yes, it was the beginning of my madness.

all.jpg

I :love: Bono
I :love: U2

Last edited:
This is when it happened:

elevation_024.jpg

elevation_199.jpg

My neighbor bought the Elevation DVD, and he knew I was a casual fan so he lent it to me. I remember I had seen Red Rocks on TV years ago and I thought "hey, the drummer is kinda cute", but I'd quickly forgotten about him. But hunky Elevation Larry really got me. That's when it started. After that, I saw R&H and I was a goner. :love:

I don't have a picture, but before I saw the vid for With or Without You, I thought the band was great, but they didn't really do anything for me that way. And then the leather vest, the ponytail, the skin, the eyes...:heart:.

The vids for Streets and Still Haven't Found didn't help any either. :ohmy:

(This was all way back when.)

Funny, I don't have alot of "first time" memories, maybe because I've been a fan for twenty years and I can't remember all of the early stuff. I do remember watching Bono during SBS on "Red Rocks" and thinking, "hey, I like that guy.........he's cute and charismatic as hell".
Now, nothing has changed in 20 years about that........:drool: :drool: :drool: :heart: :heart: :silent: :censored:

Even though I had seen earlier stuff, JT Bono certainly started a fire. :combust:

A_27.jpg

A_020.jpg

02.jpg

and when I saw Bono from this interview in '87 I remember thinking "There is no one on earth as BEAUTIFUL as this man!" :love:

Attachments

• bonointerview1987.jpg
    bonointerview1987.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 101
For me it was Bono at Red Rocks

bonoredrocks.jpg

I thought, WOW HE'S CUTE!! :cute:

Then I saw him at Live Aid in that gorgeous outfit and said

DAMN HE'S SEXY! :drool:

july85.jpg

By the time I saw JT Bono

I WAS ALREADY TOTALLY IN LOVE! :love:

bonojtpretty.jpg

Last edited:
It was when I saw this video, especially at this part in particular:

dance2.jpg

I remember thinking that their dancing together was really sweet, and Bono just seemed so charming in the video...and I was hooked.

Kinda funny this is the video that got me interested, considering my favorite era is the JT/R&H era, but, still (the R&H movie is what got me really liking his look in that era...whoo boy, he looked so good in that movie...)

Angela

Last edited:
BD. :ohmy:

I saw the video and wham!
bd%60cap388.jpg

And Edge....:eek:.......the 'owl dropping' thing..........just some months ago...........:eek::eek::eek:

Actually I also loved Hold Me Thrill Me.....Bono was yummy in that vid.....:drool:

It started out innocently enough. I started out as a Bono girl (YES, a BONO girl, believe it or not!!) There was nothing nor no one on this earth that could steal me away from my precious Lead Singer...

26.jpg

Then, the Elevation tour rolled around, and some fellow PLEBANS started this thing called the MacPhisto Society... which has now disbanded, but at any rate... my character and Larry started really hitting it off. Then, upon going to my second elevation show, with seats right behind the stage, Mr. Super-stud himself was no less than 20 feet away from me.

So yes, I have the MPS to blame for my Larry-girl-ness. Although this helped a little:

sats%60cap279.jpg

:D

~Bona

P.S. Flaming June.... if you're on the pool table with Larry and I'm on his lap... :sigh: nevermind. :evil:

I was an Adam girl to start off with, i was obsessed with him for about a year. and it was ISHFWILF from the rattle and hum vid, the part where you see him up close clapping that got me going, awww.
i was like--->:love::drool::combust:

U2Kitten said:

bonoredrocks.jpg

july85.jpg

bonojtpretty.jpg

:drool: :drool: :drool:

i think this (sweetest thing) is the first video that i saw from U2 when I was in 5th or 6th grade and I just remember thinking that guy is really cute, those eyes, his smile, his charisma and msot of all the VOICE....I guess it was the part where he takes his glasses off. Then when I saw Beautiful Day and the ATYCLB booklet I fell in love all over again. I still think Bono is super sexy and just a cool guy, but I also grew very fond of Larry when I saw the Superbowl, I guess it was the mesh shirt and mostly his expression because everytime I had seen him playing the drums he looked like he was in pain but during this performance he seems cool and relaxed. I guess I never noticed Larry much cause he always seems to be hiding or cause Bonon's always in the way.

A_019.jpg

A_008.jpg

when I first noticed the one and only Larry MullenJr!!
:wave: :flirt:
A_019.jpg

A_012.jpg

Last edited:
The spark that set the flame:
A_11.jpg

A thirteen-year-old Schmeg watched MTV one day and this elongated image of sexiness intrigued her young mind.

I was a casual fan until October 31, 2001, but the Mysterious Ways video was what originally did it for me. I spent a brief period between the Elevation Philly and Providence shows as an Edge girl, but my heart has belonged to Bono since I realized who he was. There's a very large, very soft spot in my heart for Edge, though!!! :love:

U2Kitten said:

bonoredrocks.jpg

july85.jpg

bonojtpretty.jpg

I really became a fan with the War album and after seeing Red Rocks. One of my favorite memories was after getting the album around Christmas time a friend of mine who always had to call to brag and felt the need to have something first called me and was going on and on about War, the band etc...I remember sitting there with the album cover in my hands and the album on the turntable filled with joy that I had discovered them first. Anyway I thought Bono was cool, loved the voice and that he was a cutie but it wasnt until JT that I started to really swoon...think it was the whole bare arm thing...loved the arms!

AliTheFOADist said:
I was an Adam girl to start off with, i was obsessed with him for about a year. and it was ISHFWILF from the rattle and hum vid, the part where you see him up close clapping that got me going, awww.
i was like--->:love::drool::combust:

you mean... this part?

stilladam2.jpg

elevation2u said:
i think this (sweetest thing) is the first video that i saw from U2 when I was in 5th or 6th grade and I just remember thinking that guy is really cute, those eyes, his smile, his charisma and msot of all the VOICE....I guess it was the part where he takes his glasses off. [/IMG]

*whistles*
sweetest21blue.jpg

The One video, like my avatar. He was so sexy and thudworthy *SIGH*

onevideo.jpg

onobono4.jpg

Then came the Stay video and he was just as gorgeous! :drool:

Mine is a kind of weird story because I come from a family of U2 fans and was literally raised on them. They have been a part of my life as long as I can remember! I remember watching Live Aid on TV at age 3 and all the JT videos when I was a kid! Hmm, when did I get a heartthrobbing thing for Bono? I'd say it was when we got the ZOO TV Sydney tape when I was 12. I watched it over and over and had such 'feelings' for Bono! The look that particularly did it for me was the Fly suit but after he took off the shades, and got all sweaty. That still does it for me and always will.

Ha! This is amusing Kristie! The other day i was thinking of starting a thread exactly like this! :D Good thing you remembered and I didn't. Because i'm absent minded like that. :coocoo:

Sooo...the big question....when did I realize I was an Edger? I actually didn't used to have a favorite. I think it all started when, while watching IALW on my Elevation dvd, i realized that i was just gazing at Edge instead of both Edge and Bono. And the beautiful "slow down my beating heart....slowly love.."He has such a beautiful voice, and is such a talented guitar player. :combust: :love: It really surprised me actually. :eek: But of course, i came to terms with my Edginess and my *coughOBSESSIONcough*and soon even dressed up as him for halloween :laugh:! My friends don't quite understand it, but they all do agree he has a really cool name and that beanies rock. Oh yeah! :dance: That's my story, and i'm sticking to it!

Oh yeah, and the picture
010608r2-31crp-u2.jpg

And this....this always gives me a big smile. :cute: (click the link)
http://us.share.geocities.com/edge_sounds/daydreambelieverK.mp3

I have always been a Larry girl from the very beginning. I noticed him when I very first started getting into the band and wanted to find out more about them. I was studying the liner notes of the few albums that I had and said to myself "hey that drummer is pretty good looking" then I went online to find out more information about the band and decided to look at the picture sections of U2 websites to get a better look at that drummer. After a few good pictures I was a goner. I think that it was JT Larry that really made me take notice at first.
Here are some of my favortie pics from when I first began acummulating them:
3364%3A39923232%7Ffp35%3Dot%3E2327%3D3%3A9%3D%3A26%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C2439%3B9%3Bot1lsi

3364%3A39923232%7Ffp34%3Dot%3E2327%3D3%3A9%3D%3A26%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C2439%3B9%3Aot1lsi

3364%3A39923232%7Ffp37%3Dot%3E2327%3D3%3A9%3D%3A26%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C243%3B645ot1lsi

3364%3A39923232%7Ffp37%3Dot%3E2327%3D3%3A9%3D%3A26%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C243%3B5%3A6ot1lsi

and my avatar

Back
Top Bottom