The DATA Webcast on NOW....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
Only Bono can pull off the Pope's rosary, a denim jacket, and a black suit :drool:

Any stills?

If anyone finds a transcript later, please post it! I missed the first bit :(

According to the website they will have the whole webcast archived for viewing later.

Thank God because I don't have Realplayer at work.

ramblin rose said:
According to the website they will have the whole webcast archived for viewing later.

Thank God because I don't have Realplayer at work.

Wow, great! I missed a bunch because of interruptions, but it was really interesting. Even though Bono says a lot of the same stuff (which is fine because other audiences need to hear it) I always learn something new. Like the part where he was asked about the Senate being slow to pass the bill and it probably not happening in January, and he said that will cost Africa hundreds of thousands of lives (can't remember the exact number, 500,000?).

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Wow, great! I missed a bunch because of interruptions, but it was really interesting. Even though Bono says a lot of the same stuff (which is fine because other audiences need to hear it) I always learn something new. Like the part where he was asked about the Senate being slow to pass the bill and it probably not happening in January, and he said that will cost Africa hundreds of thousands of lives (can't remember the exact number, 500,000?).

Exactly (and it was something like that...I can't remember, either).

It's sad that the Senate's being slow about that. I hope that some of the Senate members were checking this out, maybe it would give them the kick they need to move faster.

As for repeating a lot of things...bah, I'm known to do that, too, so it's okay. :). And like you said, other people need to hear it if they haven't already, so...

I'd sent an e-mail in, but it didn't get answered. Oh, well.

Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic
Only Bono can pull off the Pope's rosary, a denim jacket, and a black suit :drool:

Hehe, yep. He looked really nice. :).

Angela

Here's some photos from Reuters...

2003-12-03T190358Z_01_WAS403D_RTRIDSP_2_AFRICA-AIDS.jpg

2003-12-03T185644Z_01_WAS402D_RTRIDSP_2_AFRICA-AIDS.jpg

2003-12-03T185452Z_01_WAS401D_RTRIDSP_2_AFRICA-AIDS.jpg

ACK! BONO IN DC TODAY!!!

*runs into downtown DC*

Man I wish I would have known this earlier! I could have skipped work and heard him speak! :(

My Question

I thought the webcast was great and was very happy that they choose my question that I e-mailed in for Bono to answer ( Iwas Kate from Ontario Canada for anyone who was listening) My question was actually alot longer but they cut it down to fit into the show. Bono once again represented this cause very well and I am once again humbled by his dedication, knowledge and heart. The emergency in Africa is one that is close to my heart so I am glad for every new person who learns about this , who tunes in to hear Bono speak.. that means we are still getting the message out and that is half the battle.

The man just exudes charisma, it is amazing

Re: My Question

Katey said:
I thought the webcast was great and was very happy that they choose my question that I e-mailed in for Bono to answer ( Iwas Kate from Ontario Canada for anyone who was listening) My question was actually alot longer but they cut it down to fit into the show. Bono once again represented this cause very well and I am once again humbled by his dedication, knowledge and heart. The emergency in Africa is one that is close to my heart so I am glad for every new person who learns about this , who tunes in to hear Bono speak.. that means we are still getting the message out and that is half the battle.

Yeah, hey that was my favorite question!! I thought it was worded very well (the bit she read). I can never think of anything good to submit, but usually the questions asked end up covering what I'm wondering about.

Mullen-Girl said:
ACK! BONO IN DC TODAY!!!

*runs into downtown DC*

Man I wish I would have known this earlier! I could have skipped work and heard him speak! :(

No kidding. Had I known about this, I would totally have blown off classes. We'll have to pay more attention next time and get our spies out there.

:D

SD

Got through about half before my connection cut out...WOW! well-spoken, strong questions from Jackie Judd.

Tomorrow's todo list...write more letters to Senators about bill passage so they can cash the check!!

(Can't believe it's taken me this long to post 500, nearly three years, :reject: such a lurker)

Re: My Question

Katey said:
I thought the webcast was great and was very happy that they choose my question that I e-mailed in for Bono to answer ( Iwas Kate from Ontario Canada for anyone who was listening) My question was actually alot longer but they cut it down to fit into the show.

Oh, wow, that was you?

Awesome!

I imagine you'd be happy...I'd be happy, too. Man...like I said before, some people have all the luck.

Originally posted by Katey
Bono once again represented this cause very well and I am once again humbled by his dedication, knowledge and heart. The emergency in Africa is one that is close to my heart so I am glad for every new person who learns about this , who tunes in to hear Bono speak.. that means we are still getting the message out and that is half the battle.

:yes:. His passion for this cause is incredible. There's not many people I've seen that are that dedicated to a cause. I mean, the guy's been working on this issue for 19 years now. That's just...wow.

Originally posted by Katey
The man just exudes charisma, it is amazing

He sure does. That's one thing I like so much about him, his charisma. When he speaks, people are captivated. Not many people have that kind of power.

And he was funny when he needed to be (I liked his little joke when the lady said that they were going to kinda go a la "Inside The Actors' Studio"), and serious at other times, and he was sincere...all around, a great webcast to watch.

Angela

Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel

And he was funny when he needed to be (I liked his little joke when the lady said that they were going to kinda go a la "Inside The Actors' Studio"), and serious at other times, and he was sincere...all around, a great webcast to watch.

:yes:.

In his best James Lipton voice, "So...you got up; you had your cornflakes. What did that feel like?" :lol:

I also liked the end when the woman thanked Bono for the chat and told him that she's now cool in the eyes of her kids, and then Bono said that his kids will now find him uncool.

Back
Top Bottom