The DATA Webcast on NOW....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
3393746323232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2329%3D558%3D64%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323477%3C94969ot1lsi

3393746323232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2329%3D558%3D64%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323477%3C94974ot1lsi

[The following stills were taken while Katey's question was answered. :)]

3393746323232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2329%3D558%3D64%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323477%3C9497%3Bot1lsi

3393746323232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2329%3D558%3D64%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323477%3C94987ot1lsi

3393746323232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2329%3D558%3D64%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323477%3C94994ot1lsi

3393746323232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2329%3D558%3D64%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323477%3C9499%3Aot1lsi

3393746323232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2329%3D558%3D64%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323477%3C949%3A7ot1lsi

Last edited:
dsmith2904 said:
Queen Bee, how long is the CSPAN video so I can set my VCR?

Thanks!!

I'm not sure how long it was. I wasn't able to record the entire program when I caught it on TV (I think I missed the first 15 minutes or so). TV Guide doesn't list a time frame for it either. :shrug:

From what I was able to record it was 40 minutes. I'm assuming it was at least a little over an hour long.

Last edited:
Hey thanks for the stills. Especially during my question!!! He paused there for a moment to think about how to answer it .. My question actually woudl have made alot more sense had she read the full thing but ahh she just paraphrased . It was weird he actullay answered the question with some of what she didnt read of what I e-mailed in hmm...
I wish she would have read the whole thing so I didnt sound like a dumbass who didnt know what I was talkin about.

I am just happy though Bono agreed to do the interview and inform more people and glad they picked my question to ask

Queen Bee said:
:yes:.

In his best James Lipton voice, "So...you got up; you had your cornflakes. What did that feel like?" :lol:

Yep. :laugh:. His imitation was cute. :).

Originally posted by Queen Bee
I also liked the end when the woman thanked Bono for the chat and told him that she's now cool in the eyes of her kids, and then Bono said that his kids will now find him uncool.

Haha, yeah, that was good, too.

Also, thanks for letting us know of the re-airing of this on C-SPAN, and thanks for the stills as well.

Angela

I saw it last night on C Span-I just love his endless optimism and his positive attitude. If all the politicians had Bono's attitude, it wouldn't be such a struggle to get things accomplished. His clarity on these issues is infectious.

He was swearing again too :wink:

I didn't think your question made you sound AT ALL like a "dumbass" Katie :)

Thanks for the still Queen Bee :)

I just checked the C Span web site, and they don't have it listed other than this AM-but keep checking the site kelly

And it says "Paul Hewson" on the web site :wink:

kellyahern said:

I'm at work right now :(

Does anyone know if it will be re-broadcast again later today or tonight?

Luckily I have a TV with cable right in front of me at work, but if I had known before I left this morning I would have set my VCR to get it on tape.

I'll be checking the TV listings to see if it will be rebroadcast later or tomorrow, it was really great.

Thanks for the awesome stills Queen Bee! :bow:

I was able to get into the cspan website at home (stupid browser settings on work computer :mad: ), but no Bono so far today :(

CSPAN does have the show available for viewing over the internet, in case anyone couldn't get into the webcast yesterday.

They also have the video available for purchase in their CSPAN store - under "current events" in the video section I think :scratch:

:sad: I can't believe I missed this on CSPAN! How come they didnt tell us it would be broadcast?!? :scream:
I did watch the live broadcast and as usual Bono looked AMAZING and spoke so eloquently :love:
I would love to see this on tv though, I hope they show it again!!!

kellyahern said:
Thanks for the awesome stills Queen Bee! :bow:

I was able to get into the cspan website at home (stupid browser settings on work computer :mad: ), but no Bono so far today :(

CSPAN does have the show available for viewing over the internet, in case anyone couldn't get into the webcast yesterday.

They also have the video available for purchase in their CSPAN store - under "current events" in the video section I think :scratch:

Your welcome!

I have it on tape. I could make you a copy of the television broadcast. Send me a PM if you are interested. :D

Scarletwine said:
That's our Bono. He looked amazing.

Yep.

Seriously, this whole week's just been a burst of Bono love here for me...just when I think he can't wow us any more than he already has, he goes and proves me wrong again and again.

Originally posted by miss-U2
i love these ones... too cute!! he is like a kid, in a toy shop, he has just seen something he wants : "mummy, mumy, i want this!!" lol

:yes:.

Wasn't that when he was looking for that girl...Sister something (can't remember her name at the moment)? It was cute when he pointed her out like that. And he called her an American hero...I mean, wow, what an honor.

Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
I saw it last night on C Span-I just love his endless optimism and his positive attitude. If all the politicians had Bono's attitude, it wouldn't be such a struggle to get things accomplished. His clarity on these issues is infectious.

Exactly.

I have run into people who say, "Oh, stop wishing for the world to get better, 'cause it won't, there's nothing you can do about it, yada, yada, yada"...and I'm so happy to find another person who hasn't gone all cynical yet. Just having hope is the first step to making the world a better place.

Besides, with all the sad stories he's heard, he's kinda got to have hope that things will get better, so that these kinds of stories won't have to be told again (like when he was talking about explaining to Beyonce why the baby she was holding was going to die...I liked the way he told that story, he's like, "Here's a 22 year old from Houston, Texas, whom I've got to explain something this sad to." He didn't want to, but he had to. He sounded the way a parent does when they have to explain things like death and war and other sad things like that to their children...very moving).

He was swearing again too :wink:

Hehe. :p.

I didn't think your question made you sound AT ALL like a "dumbass" Katie :)

Ditto. It was a very good one. The main point was there, Bono got what you were trying to ask him, so...:).

Angela

Queen Bee said:

Your welcome!

I have it on tape. I could make you a copy of the television broadcast. Send me a PM if you are interested. :D

Thank you :hug:

but you know that part I wrote about it being available to buy, well I had a moment of weakness with my VISA card and well . . . :reject:

I know, I know, but it was Bono, and he was great, and he looked so good, and (insert lame excuse here :reject: )

Oh, and I liked Katey's question too :yes: I thought it was very intelligent :)

Last edited:
kellyahern said:

Thank you :hug:

but you know that part I wrote about it being available to buy, well I had a moment of weakness with my VISA card and well . . . :reject:

I know, I know, but it was Bono, and he was great, and he looked so good, and (insert lame excuse here :reject: )

Oh, and I liked Katey's question too :yes: I thought it was very intelligent :)

Wow, after you mentioned it was available to buy I looked for it but when I saw how much it cost and it was VHS I hesitated. I will try and capture it when I get home to get it on DVD. However, if it becomes impossible I might have to do the same thing you did.:reject:

ramblin rose said:

Wow, after you mentioned it was available to buy I looked for it but when I saw how much it cost and it was VHS I hesitated. I will try and capture it when I get home to get it on DVD. However, if it becomes impossible I might have to do the same thing you did.:reject:

I know, I have buyer's remorse :lol:

I don't want to speak for her, but maybe if your capturing doesn't work you can talk to Queen Bee :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom