PLEBA Girls Party: New Year, old friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tpsreports2424 said:
:lol: its ok!

So what do you guys think what would be the right answer instead of te death penalty?

I don't know if there's a "right" answer, but vengeance - which the death penalty is - certainly isn't any kind of answer. How can a society that says "killing is wrong" turn around and kill people who break that law?

Drea said:

I don't know if there's a "right" answer, but vengeance - which the death penalty is - certainly isn't any kind of answer. How can a society that says "killing is wrong" turn around and kill people who break that law?

That brings up a great point. its just being hipocritical..(however you spell it)

redhotswami said:
No SG, enlighten me! My quote was from Rurouni Kenshin :lol:

this is the verse which it reminded me of

"And with tears of blood he cleansed the hand,
The hand that held the steel:
For only blood can wipe out blood,
And only tears can heal:
And the crimson stain that was of Cain
Became Christ's snow-white seal."

the poem is really powerful; it's about murder, sin, the death penalty, Christ's Crucifiction...

Wilde had a lot of theories on how man always killed the things which he loved the most; a very poetic and humbling theory that resounds in this poem

here's a link to the whole thing: http://www.poetry-online.org/wilde_the_ballad_of_reading_goal.htm

Zach - I'm mad that it is a federal issue. If the friggin death penalty is a state issue, then why is abortion constantly debated at the federal level? I find it hypocritical and it is just another reflection of how this gov't is inconsistent.

tpsreports2424 said:
Well what do you guys think of abortion? I think its wrong but who wants a 14 year old kid having a baby?

The Baby does, for one :lol:

life is life is life ... there are plenty of other choices for that 14 year old to make that don't destroy life

tpsreports2424 said:

really, dont be sorry!

its just me:wink:

Yea...I get the feeling that you are a pro-lifer :wink:

Mia - I have no idea...I think abortion is talked about more than the death penalty cause the unborn baby is more innocent than some idiot who is going to get the gas/leathal injection/firing squad/hanging/other type of death penalty just because they killed someone.

flybabe said:
Dazzy!!:hug: where have you been Girl:

hi fb :hug:

because i don't hyave internet at home .can't afford it unless i gave up too much in art/craft supplies/the occAsional take out or d usually inexpensive to mod $ dinners out and the few movies and CD's/DVD's i get to but on a lpow income...............

iiu can't give too much of that up :(

so Ihave the4 free places the Library, an orgainzation where i do my computer indepentdent Art Study .theni have to payfor the netcafe,

the Lib and the org.....close either at 6PM0 8o8P:45PM.lots of time people arfen't even ON here until 9PM - 10pm NYC/EST time-wise........ so i have to pay .........and more if I want to really hang out,

right now ui'm on 11 dollars, so i might styicjk around for one more dolar.but i've probably spent my $$ for the whole week on the net
I WAS thinking of coming here on New Year's eve............ and get home for the fireworks over Prospect Park at midnight :heart:
but now i think i overspent.

tho it was worth it seeing so many of you & "pimping" for my city for jobob & Mia! :wink: :lol:

so THAT's why I'm often NOT around

There USED to be a Net cafe going from 7AM till 12:30 - 1AM but it closed at the end of the summer:mad: :mad:

for several yrs I used to be able to have a 4 Hour pass for 5$ !!!

so I used to sometimes hang out here in Interland in PGP/PLeba & other threads ...........

i mISS that! :madspit:

there arfe 2 places i ned to check out net cafes one my sis spoted and one i quicjkly saw passing by...............so i have check if they have any good prepaid long housr passed

SO how are you fb?

redhotswami said:
SG, thank you SO MUCH! It is a long one...so I'm reading as we speak. It'll take me awhile :reject:

Oh yeah, it is! :lol: and I get something new from it every time I read it - I love Oscar Wilde because of that very fact

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Yea...I get the feeling that you are a pro-lifer :wink:

Mia - I have no idea...I think abortion is talked about more than the death penalty cause the unborn baby is more innocent than some idiot who is going to get the gas/leathl injection/firing squad/hanging/other type of death penalty just because they killed someone.

No you're right. I think that is the reasoning behind it. I'm just pissed that this president took JP2's term "sanctity of life" and used it for his agenda...solely for abortion. Forgetting that the sanctity of life needs to continue beyond birth.

I'm not going to touch the abortion thing beyond saying that whatever side of the debate you may be on, I think we can all agree that people who use it merely as birth control when there are cheaper, easier and better ways of birth control cheapen it. ("Cheapen" may not be the right word, but you guys know what I mean.)

redhotswami said:

No you're right. I think that is the reasoning behind it. I'm just pissed that this president took JP2's term "sanctity of life" and used it for his agenda...solely for abortion. Forgetting that the sanctity of life needs to continue beyond birth.

He's the sort of person who just wants to use whatever he can toward his purposes and discard it - It honestly frightens me that he was elected to our highest office, once at least

I still think he cheated his way in the first time :wink:

Back
Top Bottom