Pleba girls party......all trying to catch up with VP, the new blue crack addict!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad_Girl said:

Definitely. :heart: That was so sweet. I love how every one of the stories was inter-connected even though they weren't like a single group of people. Their lives all touched each other in one way or another

:yes: I love that about the movie...and how they were all waiting on the same flight at the end :cute: but we never do find out about Sarah and Carl...and if Emma Thompson and her husband stayed together...I assume they did :shrug:

sami0201 said:

:yes: I love that about the movie...and how they were all waiting on the same flight at the end :cute: but we never do find out about Sarah and Carl...and if Emma Thompson and her husband stayed together...I assume they did :shrug:

Yeah, they did. I'm certain that was the writers intent with they way it ended. He went away for whatever reason, but the way he was returning and they were greeting him, there was a tentative sense of hope in the way that scene played

Diane L said:

What's your favorite couple's story in it, Fly?

Oh geez that's hard :hmm:...there were so many great stories.

I think I'd have to go with Jamie and Aurelia with the Hugh Grant story a close second. But then I really love the marriage story...ugh it's so hard to choose :lol:

Diane L said:

I hated...HATED...that ho in his office who was putting the moves on him. What an evil bitch!!!! :madspit:

But at the same time, you almost feel sorry for her. What a sad little life she led. And it was very realistic, because people reach out in destructive ways like that all the time, and most affairs occur with someone in the workplace

Diane L said:

I hated...HATED...that ho in his office who was putting the moves on him. What an evil bitch!!!! :madspit:

:yes: :mad:

and I don't see what he had to offer her anyway :shrug: he wasn't so good looking or anything, he was way older than her, and I don't think he was rich or anything. Plus he was married with kids!!!

Fly I love the marriage story too :heart: and I LOVE the wedding! :cute:

So I think I'll tell you all the story of this one girl who I am working with during my rotation:

First off, this girl is so incredibly adorable and I found myself getting attached to her instantly during my first few days. She's 11 years old and comes from a history of her father's sexual abuse. As a result of the abuse she suffered for at least 3 years (they think it actually was closer to 4), she became a selective mute. She rarely talks to anyone unless you've known her for a number of years and have developed a bond. So the first day the teacher told me "Don't take it personally if she doesn't even look at you, let alone speak to you. It took her two years to say one word to me." So I figured we would never connect at all since my placement is only 7 weeks long.

Anyway, jumping to the actual point...last week I was walking along talking to one of the other kids outside when I feel someone grab my hand to hold on to. I turn and you can guess who it is! I almost spazzed, I mean I couldn't believe she was actually reaching out! :ohmy: Once the other child had left she proceeded to tell me about her two dogs. :heart: She was speaking in a very soft voice and was stuttering but I just couldn't believe it.

So I told the teacher about this when I got back inside and she didn't believe me at all. :lol: But the next day, this girl brought in two pictures of her dogs to show me. I sat down with her and asked what their names were and how long she had had them. We talked for a little bit and all the while the teacher was behind me with a "WTF is going on" look on her face :laugh: She couldn't believe it.

So yeah that's my story. I don't know why I felt the need to share it...it just made me feel so much more for her. :heart:

FlyYourKite said:
So I think I'll tell you all the story of this one girl who I am working with during my rotation:

First off, this girl is so incredibly adorable and I found myself getting attached to her instantly during my first few days. She's 11 years old and comes from a history of her father's sexual abuse. As a result of the abuse she suffered for at least 3 years (they think it actually was closer to 4), she became a selective mute. She rarely talks to anyone unless you've known her for a number of years and have developed a bond. So the first day the teacher told me "Don't take it personally if she doesn't even look at you, let alone speak to you. It took her two years to say one word to me." So I figured we would never connect at all since my placement is only 7 weeks long.

Anyway, jumping to the actual point...last week I was walking along talking to one of the other kids outside when I feel someone grab my hand to hold on to. I turn and you can guess who it is! I almost spazzed, I mean I couldn't believe she was actually reaching out! :ohmy: Once the other child had left she proceeded to tell me about her two dogs. :heart: She was speaking in a very soft voice and was stuttering but I just couldn't believe it.

So I told the teacher about this when I got back inside and she didn't believe me at all. :lol: But the next day, this girl brought in two pictures of her dogs to show me. I sat down with her and asked what their names were and how long she had had them. We talked for a little bit and all the while the teacher was behind me with a "WTF is going on" look on her face :laugh: She couldn't believe it.

So yeah that's my story. I don't know why I felt the need to share it...it just made me feel so much more for her. :heart:

:heart: :hug: Fly that is incredible! It's amazing how God puts the right person in the right place at the right time. She saw something in you that made her believe she could trust you. :hug:

What an incredible blessing to have experienced something like that.

Lurking a bit while watching the PBS documentary...but I had to jump in to say Fly.... :sad: OMG, what an amazing story! :heart: That is soooo awesome that you were able to connect with her...very helpful and meaningful to her, I'm sure, and I'm sure it will go a long way in helping her learn to relate to and trust others. I think children have this sense of who they can trust, and who is safe...she obviously felt that for you, and rightly so. :heart:

I'm soooo proud of you!! :love: You're going to be an amazing nurse. :hug: :hug:

VintagePunk said:
Lurking a bit while watching the PBS documentary...but I had to jump in to say Fly.... :sad: OMG, what an amazing story! :heart: That is soooo awesome that you were able to connect with her...very helpful and meaningful to her, I'm sure, and I'm sure it will go a long way in helping her learn to relate to and trust others. I think children have this sense of who they can trust, and who is safe...she obviously felt that for you, and rightly so. :heart:

I'm soooo proud of you!! :love: You're going to be an amazing nurse. :hug: :hug:

:yes: Ditto :hug:

Sad_Girl said:

:heart: :hug: Fly that is incredible! It's amazing how God puts the right person in the right place at the right time. She saw something in you that made her believe she could trust you. :hug:

What an incredible blessing to have experienced something like that.

:yes: It's so funny to me that she felt like she could trust me because for the longest time I was never a kid-person. I hardly ever babysat and no children whatsoever ever took a real liking to me. This is why it came as such a shock I guess...and coming from someone like her means so much more. :heart:

It just upsets me that we're going to be gone in less than a month...she's made this connection now and feels like she can trust me, and then I have to leave so soon. :sad: I'm trying to think of some way I can still visit or keep a connection without it being inapropriate.

FlyYourKite said:

:yes: It's so funny to me that she felt like she could trust me because for the longest time I was never a kid-person. I hardly ever babysat and no children whatsoever ever took a real liking to me. This is why it came as such a shock I guess...and coming from someone like her means so much more. :heart:

It just upsets me that we're going to be gone in less than a month...she's made this connection now and feels like she can trust me, and then I have to leave so soon. :sad: I'm trying to think of some way I can still visit or keep a connection without it being inapropriate.

Is there any sort of volunteer position you could take?

VintagePunk said:
Lurking a bit while watching the PBS documentary...but I had to jump in to say Fly.... OMG, what an amazing story! :heart: That is soooo awesome that you were able to connect with her...very helpful and meaningful to her, I'm sure, and I'm sure it will go a long way in helping her learn to relate to and trust others. I think children have this sense of who they can trust, and who is safe...she obviously felt that for you, and rightly so.

I'm soooo proud of you!! You're going to be an amazing nurse. :hug:

:hug: :heart: Thank you so much for saying that VP, really...it means so much to me. :)

SadGirl said:
Is there any sort of volunteer position you could take?

That's what I was thinking and I'll have to investigate that. You'd think they could always use help but then again there are 3 teacher already in that class so it's hard to say. I sure hope so though :) The class is so diverse and has such an interesting and challenging mix of kids. One has fetal alcohol syndrome, a few have serious ADHD, two have severe social anxiety disorders, there's the girl I told you about and one boy who has epilepsy, the violent seizure kind. It's been a really rewarding experience so far. :yes:

Last edited:
FlyYourKite said:

:hug: :heart: Thank you so much for saying that VP, really...it means so much to me. :)

That's what I was thinking and I'll have to investigate that. You'd think they could always use help but then again there are 3 teacher already in that class so it's hard to say. I sure hope so though :) The class is so diverse and has such an interesting and challenging mix of kids. One has fetal alcohol syndrome, a few have serious ADHD, two have severe social anxiety disorders, there's the girl I told you about and one boy who has epilepsy, the violent seizure kind. It's been a really rewarding experience so far. :yes:

I would definitely be doing some talking to people there about volunteering, for awhile or on occassion at least. I think the teacher who you refered to would probably be very helpful for you as a special case. :yes:

** Goodnight Sami :hug: Sweet dreams and good luck on your test! :heart:

Hello, hello.

Didn't go to work today. Stayed home and felt sick instead. Wrote fanfic.

(imagines DianeL like this: :hyper:)

So VP's a blue crack addict? As you know, the first step is admitting you have a problem ... oh, we're not staging an intervention? We're congratulating her? Okay.

:wink:

Sad_Girl said:
ZoobabyPortraitColor11.jpg

OMG *GUH* :drool: :drool: :combust:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom