PGP-We'll be back next week and we'll bring you a t-shirt.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOO, new thread!

No kidding, you guys are too damn fast. Now I have to go back and see what all happened since I last posted :p.

NaNoWriMo ate my soul, btw.

Color me dumb, but what the hell is this, exactly? I've heard other people mention it and I have no idea what it is.

zuropa, what is it you're writing? Nothing like motivation of that sort to get you inspired. I always feel inspired to write something after I've read a story that's amazingly well-written-I never have a hatred of the writer, but jealousy of their skills kicks in ("I wish I could write like that-let's see if I can") and voila, off I go.

And I totally want a U2 calendar :drool:. I had one a good number of years ago, for...2003, I think it was? But I'd happily get another one. I can't wait to go back on Amazon and start buying things off there again. But I'm also looking forward to the end of this week at work, 'cause my employee discount officially kicks in there and I've already got a small list of books I'm looking to snap up for myself and my family and use that discount on :D.

Angela

Ooh Dexter was great tonight. I guess no one else in here watches it? :hmm:

Thanks again guys about the photos! And cori you are correct. :yes: Rubies is part of the full ballet called Jewels, which includes Rubies, Emeralds, and Diamonds. But Rubies is the best, in many opinions. The choreography is the more exciting and contemporary of the three.

And ooh yes indeed those dancers are in full control. They are incredible, amazing athletes and artists.

Ooh Dexter was great tonight. I guess no one else in here watches it? :hmm:

I've heard of it, and I guess my sister's fiance watches it, but I've never sat down and seen an episode, no. It sounds like quite an interesting show, though-there's so many series I'd love to start watching, but they're so far into their seasons and I usually like to start watching series from the beginning, get a feel for the characters, the general setup of the show, that sort of thing. I'll keep this show in mind, though, I'll check it out when I can :).

I'm kinda curious to see the season John Lithgow was on, where he played some ruthless killer. I admire that guy, he seems like an incredibly intelligent man, and though I haven't seen a whole lot he's been in, there's no doubt he's a brilliant actor, and I'm interested to see what he did on the show.

Thanks again guys about the photos! And cori you are correct. :yes: Rubies is part of the full ballet called Jewels, which includes Rubies, Emeralds, and Diamonds. But Rubies is the best, in many opinions. The choreography is the more exciting and contemporary of the three.

And ooh yes indeed those dancers are in full control. They are incredible, amazing athletes and artists.

I can believe that. I haven't really seen much in the way of ballet, but I greatly admire the people who get involved in it. I don't think I could ever be able to do the sorts of things they can do.

That particular ballet, the one about the jewels, sounds intriguing. What is the actual storyline of it?

Angela

our parents ( particularly as 1st gen americans and able to afford some of it to continue to give us various parts of American Culture) took us to ballets both classical and more modern.

Saw The Fire Bird/ i think, Swan Lake <I def remember FB! > ?Rodeo/ Afternoon of Faun / Westside Story/

Alvin Aiely -can't remeber whether through my parents or on my own (or possibly through HS or Art College) :scratch: and i might have seen them twice- different yrs which could account for these mixed memories.:lol:

during college/Alwin Nickoli (really liked) paired with some other famous morden chereography i never liked much... i think he may have died in the 2 yrs or so... i can see his face in my mind! i got it Merce Cunningham

Martha Graham Dance Compamy.....some abstracted piece with extra fabric seperate or sewn into costumes really liked. then the "Prarie" one whoes name i've forgotten which i really dislike but w a beautful :heart: Arron Copland score.

Comet> you'd get a kick out of this...
....i worked<free-lanced> (art dept) at Dance Magazine for 1 1/2 yrs (mid late 70's). Some fun times there! It makes me smile to still see it on the magazine rack!!

oh and "Tommy" The Ballet!
It was pretty good....and who (aheh) didn't love having the Record booming through the Theater on an amazing Sound System! :hyper::love:

(almost as good as seeing The Who LIVE doing Tommy at The Filmore East ('69) !!! :hyper::hyper: :drool: :rockon: :D )

:doh: Oh cori, I forgot I've seen you in the Dexter thread too, so I guess you do watch it too. I liked tonight's episode a lot. :up:

Angela I highly recommend Dexter, but definitely absolutely start with season one. One of the best single seasons of TV ever! And there is just so much you learn about him in that season that you just need to have to really get the show. That said, John Lithgow's season was outstanding. :up:

comet was I alking to you about place/intrests re visiting NYC

if you're a book-lover- there's one of the famous Independent Books Stores here in NYC (Manhattan) The Strand Bookstore. 12th St & Broadway.

New books, used books, 1/2 price hard-cover review copies alot of books on the visual arts ... architecture/art/photgraphy/ movies!

and there's a photo someone posted (i saved it) of Bono with eyepatch standing on the corner diagonally across from The Strand!:ohmy::love:

National Novel Writing Month. Every November, a bunch of totally crazy people (myself included) attempt to write a 50,000 word novel in one month.

Nanowrimo.org :D

ah! OK!:hyper: :applaud: cool!!! thanks!
Thus the Acronym ! :lol::lol: :up:

Gggggoooooo, MTE!!!,:cheer::cheer:

what is 50,000 words page-wise !!?
a lot!! :lol: :wink:
in either hard cover, paperback, or trade paperback?

Oh and Angela sorry I forgot to answer about the ballet Jewels: It is an abstract ballet, so no story line.

And daz, very cool. And interesting about working for Dance Magazine. I've never been to NY, next year will be my first time!

And oh yes, the Bono eyepatch photo. :drool:

And daz, very cool. And interesting about working for Dance Magazine. I've never been to NY, next year will be my first time!

And oh yes, the Bono eyepatch photo. :drool:

i know, i asked you about it - whether you had ever been here :D ...to suggest something special tailored tro your interests, besides the usual places visitors go. Ypu said it had to be fast & cheap!

Which is why i'm asking you if you are a book-lover.
Well The Starnd is easy to get to and is free to look around! :D

Somewhere in the last thread the subject of Bono in eyeliner came up and I mentioned one photo that, of all the times he was photographed in it, this was the one photo that I find extremely :drool:worthy.

bonoeyelinersexy2-09.jpg

I want to know his brand. :hmm:

Ok I can't quote from the last thread but I remember Jem talking about her lingerie fetish. :shifty: Didn't Bono recently say that was one of his favorite things or something, his wife's fancy underwear? LOL I don't remember anymore exactly what he said, but something like that.

:wave: Evening, Ladies.

Date was awesome. Dave didn't exactly say it, but he said something that basically meant he's starting to fall in love with me. He also said he wants to slow back down. Not completely to zero, but he said he likes spending time with me even when we don't do...stuff. :giggle:

Dammit! :lol: I had a bunch of posts quoted to answer in the old thread, but I had to leave, so now I come back and you guys finished, so I can't now. :madwife: Now i gotta go back and find them all.

Cool on the calendar zooey, thanks, I also added it to my list! But while there I saw something else interesting...:hmm: Where it shows you other items that people purchased, I noticed a different U2 calendar... first, here is the pic of the calendar:

calendaru22011.jpg

notice the pic on the upper right side? I wonder if they have that full pic actually in the calendar somewhere... because um... well...

:uhoh:

BonoJHC.jpg

:lol:

:lmao: What kind of calendar would THAT be?

Somewhere in the last thread the subject of Bono in eyeliner came up and I mentioned one photo that, of all the times he was photographed in it, this was the one photo that I find extremely :drool:worthy.

bonoeyelinersexy2-09.jpg

Eyeliner? What eyeliner? All I'm seeing is Bono with a Goatee.. :drool: *stares* So. Close. To. Touching. Stupid Monitor!

True, it's afternoon. But it feels like morning. :wink: having a class at 9am from a boring professor who keeps talking about lasers and nobel prize winners for four hours doesn't really wake you up.. :yawn:
Am playing guitar hero so will respond a bit slow..

:yippie: FINALLY! I just called with the big ass hobby shop in the centre, and they may have a phone number for me of a person who can make my patches. Finally I'll be able to make my Zoo Edge Beanie. Most websites want to make at least 10-50 per patch so that wasn't doable, but they got someone who does it personally. :D Awesomesauce.

But they lost her phone number :uhoh: So I'll have to wait a wee bit longer. Gives me some time to finalize the designs. :D

True, it's afternoon. But it feels like morning. :wink: having a class at 9am from a boring professor who keeps talking about lasers and nobel prize winners for four hours doesn't really wake you up.. :yawn:
Am playing guitar hero so will respond a bit slow..

Sounds thrilling. :uhoh::hug::lol:

DOn't worry about the slow. I was replying to a PM.:shifty: Wanted to do it before my lunch was over. WHich it is now. :(

:hi5: For beanie progress. :hyper:

See ya later. :hug:

:shifty: I wonder who you were stalking...

Aw, enjoy the rest of your day then. Hope you had a good lunch. :hug:

That particular professor isn't that interesting. :wink: he always talks about lasers and nobel winners, in every different course he teaches. Even reuses powerpoint slides. It's a bit of a running joke around uni now, but it's quite annoying if you have him every monday morning at 9am. :crack:

Back
Top Bottom