PGP: Warming up by the fire with hot Irishmen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
argh... wish i could come to Montreal as well! (well, if i shoud still win lottery in a meanwhile, i would come!)
but i'm hopeful for that possible Bucharest news in Europe... or at least i'm still waiting for Dublin!

Yeah, I like to think Aussies are a pretty laid-back bunch by and large. Plus it was too warm up there to get too hyperactive!
Although having said that, I think a lot of it is to the credit of the hotel staff and the band's security. Compare those photos with this one of the mob that gathered around the place where they filmed the WITS video in Melb, where no one came out and tried to organise things (plus someone told a radio station what was going on, so thousands of people showed up):

PB200103sml.jpg

cornerlarry1.jpg

:

Is it just me or is the focal point of that 2nd pic Larry's moob? :wink: :drool: *crops photo*
But yeah, that mob looks a little ridiculous. Yikes. I'm surprised Larry was even there and didn't slip out some other back door or something. Is there a story behind this day Ali?

Is it just me or is the focal point of that 2nd pic Larry's moob? :wink: :drool: *crops photo*
But yeah, that mob looks a little ridiculous. Yikes. I'm surprised Larry was even there and didn't slip out some other back door or something. Is there a story behind this day Ali?

Heh, :lol: that looks like the sometimes size of a NYC U2 fan (and E-Bay autographs hounds :mad: they really take spots away away from in the front, and can partily spoil other real fans experiencse) crowd -EXCEPT they usually really organize the fans behind barracdes in NYC.

hey ali :wave: :wave:

quickly- World Con>>>

the biggest Annual Science Fiction and some Fantasy Con
Panels galore; SF, Fantasy & Science!
Hall costumes around and a big costume mascarade on a night.
Films and vids, including anime.
Probably Gaming.
The BIG Dealers room!
A BIG Art show!
Famous authors, maybe actors.
Hospitality Suit/Fan Room.
Soooooo much fun & interesting things to do! :hyper::love:
And there's alway's 3 party rooms for the next 3 cities competing for The World Con 3 years later.
The one I went to was in Baltimore- I voted for Phillidelphia in '98 (closest to me :D), and hey it was Philly in '01!

zu!

I've been thinking of you all day....
...how did your day at school go? :hug::hug:

It was okay. We had a moment of silence in the morning and I was really proud of my 1st period, who are usually little turds. They were very quiet and respectful for an entire minute and nobody made inappropriate jokes or anything. The day went on as usual but every once in awhile the subject would come up and everyone would get sad for a few minutes.

Tomorrow night I'm doing a vigil/bike ride. We'll start at the university, ride to the hospital, light candles there, and then ride back to the university. A respectful show of support/mourning AND we get some exercise.

Zu ...glad your 1st period class behaved for that.

I was asking because in various places in NYC after 9-11 there were talks, shortly with in days to 2 weeks pamphlets to deal with the various emotional, mental, or physical manisfestations of such shocking events so people could be aware of what might be happening in themselves, and others.

Do you ever ride at night? Be careful.
That sounds like a beautiful thing to do to express yourselves. :hug:

I love the intelligent sounding discussion of whether it is or isn't. :giggle:

Just as I was leaving work tonight, it started to snow. :happy: There doesn't seem to be much of it at the moment, but we're supposed to get up to around 30cm of snow between tomorrow and Wednesday. :angry: We were supposed to get snow a few days ago, but it ended up just being rain, thankfully. Maybe I'll get a snow day or two. That would be nice! :D

My U2 calendar (among a few other things) arrived today, finally. It was supposed to get here last week, but I guess it was on the slow bus from ON to BC. :lol: So, if I get a snow day at least I'll have DVD's to watch! :)

Drea, you naughty thing! At first I thought you were asking if the pic was high def or not :doh: And i have to agree with the general consensus, that it is indeed fabric.

For the non-metric people - Thora's 30cm of snow = roughly 12" :wink:

They're only predicting light snow for Sat here so far, which is good because I want to actually get to (and return from!) NYC this weekend *G*

Dazz - sure, PM me your cell number :) Not sure how much I'll be using the phone while I'm in the States (roaming's expensive!), but I can have it on briefly (Mom will want me to call her when I land anyway *g*)

Drea, you naughty thing! At first I thought you were asking if the pic was high def or not :doh: And i have to agree with the general consensus, that it is indeed fabric.

:tsk: I was asking the *PGP* about an *HD* pic and you thought something clean? :lol:

Damn, guess Cindy wins... but my first thought on seeing that pic... well, :sexywink:

:tsk: I was asking the *PGP* about an *HD* pic and you thought something clean? :lol:

Damn, guess Cindy wins... but my first thought on seeing that pic... well, :sexywink:

Of course, now I just want to go through my entire photobucket and look for HD pics, but I have to get lunches ready for school tomorrow. I hate being a motherf*cking adult.

thank you, thank you, Thora. :lol:

we're getting snow Weds 6 - 12 inches :geumpy:
Good luck to you- hope it's either going to be much less so it;s not a problem, or nasty enough that you will have to stay home- not right on the fence where it'd be really icky to go in because wouldn't really have the excuse not to ( if it was worse).

Why is my cat trying to casually wander to my front door? And why is she trying to look casual while sniffing the front door? :confused:

Edit: Never mind. She was trying to do a kitty version of a sneak Bono attack on my supper plate.

Wondering if I should take Thursday afternoon off work. It's an important rehearsal BUT it's also the first funeral from the shooting on Saturday and the Westborough Baptist Church has said they'll protest. I want to be a part of the human shield/barricade that blocks him from the mourners.

Hey CeeCee :hug:

I know...I've been interested in other things lately.

In fact...I'm sooo out of the loop sometimes that I just found out that Bono owns a little over a percent in Facebook

I have to say....nice investment :up:

I saw a link to that article on @U2, but couldn't actually access the article. Of course, I don't even HAVE a facebook or myspace or any account like that so I'm way out of it.

I saw a link to that article on @U2, but couldn't actually access the article. Of course, I don't even HAVE a facebook or myspace or any account like that so I'm way out of it.

True...so very true :yes:

I do have a Facebook and Myspace account...but I haven't been on Myspace full time since one of my friends hooked me into Facebook (which I think was about a couple of years ago :hmm: )

Back
Top Bottom