PGP: Warming up by the fire with hot Irishmen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:shifty:

tumblr_lerqznXTbk1qazkdco1_500.gif

:wave: :hug:

Anthropomorphism is people blended with non living things isn't it? Like er... a chair with a face that talks? But maybe it pertains to animals too. I never thought about it. Though I know it can be with things like plants. I have a cutting board hanging in my kitchen with a painting on it called "Anthropomorphic mushroom people."

:reject: yeah I'm weird

Anthropomorphism is people blended with non living things isn't it? Like er... a chair with a face that talks? But maybe it pertains to animals too. I never thought about it. Though I know it can be with things like plants. I have a cutting board hanging in my kitchen with a painting on it called "Anthropomorphic mushroom people."

:reject: yeah I'm weird

anthropomorphism an·thro·po·mor·phism (ān'thrə-pə-môr'fĭz'əm)
n.
The attribution of human motivation, characteristics, or behavior to nonhuman organisms or inanimate objects.

They use the term to apply equally to books such as Alice in Wonderland and things like the paintings of Egyptian deities, whom often have the heads of animals and the bodies of people.

This definition is a service brought to you by my inner Edge. ;)

OMG it's a tabby!!!! :love::love::love: So pretty!

Yes everyone says she is really cute which makes it so odd that no -one has posted her as missing. I put her pix on a couple of websites saying I`d found a cat but nothing. Nothing posted on any missing cat websites either. Now I`m reluctant to take her to a vets to get her scanned incase she is microchipped as I`d be really sad to hand her over :sad:

Yes everyone says she is really cute which makes it so odd that no -one has posted her as missing. I put her pix on a couple of websites saying I`d found a cat but nothing. Nothing posted on any missing cat websites either. Now I`m reluctant to take her to a vets to get her scanned incase she is microchipped as I`d be really sad to hand her over :sad:

She really is cute. And looks well taken care of too. The fur is shiny, which is a good sign. But it'd be really bad if she had a loving owner who lost her right?

OMG I just got email. :yippie: My designs were evaluated and I'm FINALLY gonna get my Edge beanie. They're making the patches for me and it turns out to not cost an arm and a leg! :yippie:

Hubby just got home from work so I guess I'll go pay him some attention :D Sorry we didn't get to chat again VP :( We never seem to be here at the same time.

later ladies :wave:

Speaking of crazy cat ladies. :tongue:

Moi? :shifty: :wink:

Hubby just got home from work so I guess I'll go pay him some attention :D Sorry we didn't get to chat again VP :( We never seem to be here at the same time.

later ladies :wave:

Aw, sorry, I was distracted for a few minutes. We'll talk soon, though. Hope things are well for you! :kiss:

Hey dazzled! :hug:

I think I'm going to have a glass of wine and put on the INXS dvd I didn't get to watch nye, and try to forget how much people suck sometimes. And also the cold. :shiver:

stooopid signal problems :grumpy:
lets see if this'll post after quite after a while of trying>>>>>

oh hai! : D

and hi VP !
:hyper::hug:

And I saw this gif last night and thought it might be a nice little pick me up around here. :shifty : (I didn't make it, I don't know who did)

Can I just say his body language kills me... the thighs, the lifting of the heel... jeeeeez :faint:

adambonokisszoo.gif
:ohmy::ohmy: near :faint:
those sauntering hips & legs, the sweep of his arm/hand

omgggg!!! gahhhhhh.......

:bow: :bow: dear ~~***Goddess***~~ of all that is sensuous, sexy & hot *thanks be* for this wonderous distraction that you brought to comet to bring to us today!!!

must...not.....spend.......10 mins..........mesmerized..........by................The Fly!

later, yes!:drool: right now, no. lol!

oh yes and BTW I'm a Mofo Adult---paid my electricity bill at the pay store today! :D

:hug: How are ya VP? Long time no see. Why do people suck?

:hug: Mostly just the AZ shooting, and the response some people have had to it.

Michael Hutchence circa 1991 and all the pretty is helping, though. :)

And my wine is still good, so yay for that! It's the bottle I opened nye, I'm surprised it's not turned to vinegar by now. :lol:

I remember when I was just a wee baby fan, only a few months old. I would come here and stay up into the wee late hours writing drabbles to pictures in these threads and chatting with people like VP and SG and my Near Clone... Those were the days...

:hug: Mostly just the AZ shooting, and the response some people have had to it.

Michael Hutchence circa 1991 and all the pretty is helping, though. :)

And my wine is still good, so yay for that! It's the bottle I opened nye, I'm surprised it's not turned to vinegar by now. :lol:

That's a terrible event on its own. Figures people will use it as a chance to spout their insane opinions.

Ooh you're a Hutch fan? :D I never knew!

I remember when I was just a wee baby fan, only a few months old. I would come here and stay up into the wee late hours writing drabbles to pictures in these threads and chatting with people like VP and SG and my Near Clone... Those were the days...

Hey, how are you? :wave:

That's a terrible event on its own. Figures people will use it as a chance to spout their insane opinions.

Ooh you're a Hutch fan? :D I never knew!

Well, I'm female and I have eyes. :wink:

I was a fan, but not like I'm a u2 fan or anything. I'm sorry I never got to see them back then, he's an amazing frontman. I'd put him a bit behind Freddie and Bono.

I did see the JD Fortune version of INXS a few years ago, though. :reject: Cheesy fun...

I was a fan, but not like I'm a u2 fan or anything. I'm sorry I never got to see them back then, he's an amazing frontman. I'd put him a bit behind Freddie and Bono.

I did see the JD Fortune version of INXS a few years ago, though. :reject: Cheesy fun...

Hey! :wave: Did you see that show where they picked up JD Fortune? That was a bit a guilty pleasure on my part. What'd you think of JD as frontman?

Well he's certainly good on the eyes. :giggle:

I'm afraid I was too young to be a fan of INXS. :( They seemed to be great, wish I could've seen them.

Hey! :wave: Did you see that show where they picked up JD Fortune? That was a bit a guilty pleasure on my part. What'd you think of JD as frontman?

I actually didn't! I remember everyone on here talking about it though. And when I found the torrent for this dvd, I also saw a torrent for that season of Rockstar INXS, so I might download it. I watched the second season of Rockstar, though. Rockstar Supernovaexceptthatnamewasalreadytakensotheyhadtochangeit. :wink:

Like I said, it was mostly cheesy fun. He's no Michael, but he could be very good, if he would work at it and not let ego and coke get in his way. The arena we saw then in is a 20,000+ seater - U2 played there on the Elevation tour. We got there, and found that they had 2/3 of the arena curtained off, and they only played to 1/3 of it.

We had floor seats, 10th row, or something. A lot of the pre-show chatter led us to the conclusion that most around us were part of a female INXS online presence. INXS' own Plebans. :wink: I sort of got an idea of how an outsider might feel in the pit at a U2 show. :lol: Honestly, I felt kind of silly being there at first, but when the show started, it was fun. I was hyper-aware that I was watching someone else singing Michael's songs, though.

Back
Top Bottom