MERGED ----> Fun thread - What the f*** are they doing?! + Another Thread Like That

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ALTHOUGH this is my beloved Gavin's wedding pic....*sigh*

L: *sings his little heart out*
A: *giggle*
E: I think....it's terrible....but I'M polite so I keep smiling...
B: Isn't it cute? He's grwing so fast, the little one..
bandpic.gif

Frank: Pleased to meet you! *thinking* So you are this Bono-guy?
Bono: Nice to meet you. *thinking* SO you are the dood in whose living room i dozed off and pushed the drink over my pants and thought i had peed into them...*thoughts trail off*
339%3B7%3C8323232%7Ffp8%3Enu%3D3236%3E354%3E9%3A%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3232554547446nu0mrj

FS of course you've got to come in the time machine, we can see Baby Bono too:cute:

U2Kitten, Moonlit_Angel, Edgespet, NameOfLove19, Sue DeNym, flaming june, Falling Star and all other PLEBA-girls:

Yes, of course you're all very welcome in the timemachine!!! :yes: And I guess we could make a few stops in the baby- and AB-era... :wink:

... and I just love the pics and the texts you've posted so far - keep up the good work! :up: :lol:

Moonlit_Angel said:
Really? I did not know this. Huh. Interesting.

Yep, Lars Ulrich is danish :yes: ... but I would much more like to brag about the fact that Viggo Mortensen is danish! :laugh: :drool: :love:

Moonlit_Angel said:
Heh, wow, you remember all that? I don't-I didn't pay attention to the news back then, 'cause I was too young to really understand what was going on anyway, so I did not learn of any of that stuff until I got into upper grades in school

All these things did happen in our neighbour countries, so they got very much attention... It's not that I remember the events exactly in details, but just certain images...

Moonlit_Angel said:
they thought people'd take the news more seriously if it was in black and white, eh? Wow-I've never heard that reasoning before.

:yes: :coocoo: LOL

Moonlit_Angel said:
Color TV didn't come about until the 1960s, and then cable didn't start appearing until the 1980s. So we took some time getting to where we are now with TV, too

Wauh, colour TV in the 60's... :) This reminds me of my great-grandmothers visit to the US (a lot of my family immigrated to the US!) in the 50's or 60's (can't remember what year it was :hmm: )... All those things she saw over there that was new to her and the way she discribed them - it's so much fun to read her diary now! :laugh: She had never been to a mall, never seen a shopping cart, never eaten a burger or french fries, didn't know what a frigde was... It was like a totally different world to her :)

339%3B835523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B27%3D664%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B4543%3B67ot1lsi

^^
Paul O'Neill: :blahblah:

Bono (Thinking): Did I remember to turn of the iron before I left home?! :hmm:

339%3B835523232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B27%3D664%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B4543%3B68ot1lsi

^^
Bono: :scream: I can't hold it! I can't hold it anymore!!! Stop lauging - this is not funny!!! :grumpy:

339%3B835523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B27%3D664%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B4543%3B69ot1lsi

^^
Bono: What the f*** did they put in the dinner?! I'm starting to feel sick... Oh! And my heartbeat - Slow down my beating heart...

Chirac: Yeah, I can feel it too - I'll talk to the chef right away!!!

339%3B835523232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B27%3D664%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B4543%3B6%3Aot1lsi

^^
Edge: :scream: Bono! Larry! Let me out now - I don't like beeing locked up in this closet!!! Let me ouuut!!! And give me back my mechanical truck!!!

Larry: :lol:

Bono: No we won't! Ohh, this is fun!!!

339%3B835523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B27%3D664%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B4543%3B6%3Bot1lsi

^^
Bono: Is that my MacPhisto-makeup you're wearing?! :scratch: No wonder I can't find it!!! :angry:

Pjerrot: Uh oh! :uhoh:

(This pic was taken in "Tivoli" in Copenhagen!!! :hyper: )

339%3B835523232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B27%3D664%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B4543%3B72ot1lsi

^^
Bono (writing): Dear Paul McGuinness! I think you should double Bonos pay - he's a good guy and he deserves it... Regards - The Edge

B: See me posing for a pic with a Sarajevo-an...Sarajevan....SOLDIER from sarajevo!
Elvis Costello take-off: Uh.
bsoldier.jpg

B: And when I told The Edge he was going to meet Bill Gates he got a weeeeee little nervous.
PleaseB.gif

B: Look at me, you unbelievers! I DO have a holo!
Background: Bono...it's not over your head..it's around it...
B: Unbelievers - that's what i said!
weirdB.jpg

B: *thinking* Haha, it's funny of Gav to make it seem like he wants to drive me straight into the camera, but I know it's him, so I will play along.
Gav: Wow, look at that ad about the Louvre exhibition. I have to tell Guggi about it.
berlinbonogavin.jpg

FS, still loving your captions! You have a fantastic sense of humor. I particularly got a kick out of the one where Bono was writing to Paul to increase his raise and signing Edge's name, the one where he was wondering if he'd turned the iron off before he left home, and the one where he talked about ruling the world. :lmao:...

Merc said:
Yep, Lars Ulrich is danish :yes: ... but I would much more like to brag about the fact that Viggo Mortensen is danish! :laugh: :drool: :love:

He's Danish, too? Wow. I didn't realize there were so many famous Danish people!

Originally posted by Merc
All these things did happen in our neighbour countries, so they got very much attention...

Ah, well, that would explain things, then.

It's not that I remember the events exactly in details, but just certain images...

Cool. What ones particularly stick out for you?

Wauh, colour TV in the 60's... :) This reminds me of my great-grandmothers visit to the US (a lot of my family immigrated to the US!) in the 50's or 60's (can't remember what year it was :hmm: )... All those things she saw over there that was new to her and the way she discribed them - it's so much fun to read her diary now! :laugh: She had never been to a mall, never seen a shopping cart, never eaten a burger or french fries, didn't know what a frigde was... It was like a totally different world to her :)

LOL, aw, that's awesome! A nice little piece of family history for future generations to check out.

It is funny to see how people react when in foreign lands. I remember reading about similar things happening to Bono when he was on his heartland tour in 2002-there was a part in his journal entries where he'd stopped at a restaurant, and he was like, "They call it a Dairy Queen". I thought that was cute.

I also remember a friend of mine, Sara, who got to go with the rest of the school band to Austria in middle school, and she got a kick out of the way they pronounced words that started with a "w" over there.

So yeah...that's funny about your great-grandma's diary. I wonder what she'd have to say about all the stuff we have out today!

Also, in regards to the time machine...I am more than happy to stop and visit early 80s and early 90s Bono, too. Mmhm.

Angela

** under my desk laughing at Falling Star's captions!!**:lol: They're all brilliant!

Time machine...hmmm:hmm: ...baby U2...baby Larry...:drool:...okay, no problem here!! AB U2 is do-able as well! I'm easy to please! Better pick up the babies last though...that way the later guys will be able to calm them down! If Bono thought PLEBA women were scary before, can you imagine how terrified poor innocent Baby U2 would be of us?!:evil: :lol:

:lmao:, Billie...

Edgespet said:
Better pick up the babies last though...that way the later guys will be able to calm them down! If Bono thought PLEBA women were scary before, can you imagine how terrified poor innocent Baby U2 would be of us?!:evil: :lol:

:lol:...very true, didn't think about that. Good point.

PLEBA girls: Don't worry, itty-bitty-baby U2, we won't hurt you...:evil:

Baby U2: :ohmy:...

Angela

Last edited:
339%3B8%3A%3A%3B23232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B27%3D664%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B4743276ot1lsi

^^
Edge (Thinking) : Hmm - this is strange... I really feel like I've forgotten something, but what can it be?! :confused: I've got my pants on, my wife beside me and I did remember the gift for Pavarotti... :hmm: OH NOOO! :ohmy: My beanie!!! :uhoh: I FORGOT MY BEANIE!!! :sad:

339%3B8%3A%3A%3B23232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B27%3D664%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B4744696ot1lsi

^^
Bono: How often do I have to tell you this, Edge?! :tsk: You know I'm the only one in the band who's allowed to walk around with my shirt unbuttoned! :shame:

Edge: But... but... :sigh:

Bono: No! The answer is NO - I'll button your shirt then! We don't want all the poor PLEBA-girls to go totally crazy, do we?! Thats why we need to button your shirt - they're crazy enough as it is!

Sorry girls! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom