Live 8 Photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
0916bf86.jpg

7b178216.jpg

a0f89601.jpg

WildHoney said:
kellyahern said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/kellyahern/Live8/OMG :drool: :drool: :drool:

:banghead:

Must seek help for Live 8 thread addiction [/B][/QUOTE]

Just got off the phone to the Doctor Wild, I've made an appointment! You, BrightestStar and myself are to see the doctor next week.

You know what doctor......

:wink:

love2bmama said:

I'm guessing this is Heather Mills w/her and Paul's daughter? I wonder if this is the same little girl they showed wearing the pink headphones during the show? How cute!

Great pics as usual, Kelly!!

That's Gwenyth Paltrow and her daughter.

Here is a bit from Willie's Tour Diary on the live 8 show and the Doves :lol:
btw I think I'm developing a crush on Willie even though I have a feeling that I am SO not his type :wink:

"....My second task was to co-ordinate the dove release. On Monday, Bono had asked if we could release doves in the middle of Beautiful Day, so we put “Dove Release, UK” into Google and, amazingly, came up with a list of companies that do just that. Weeding out the less likely candidates was important and in order to find enough doves we ended up having to go with two rival dove release companies. We put them in the photographers’ pit at the front, one on stage right, the other on stage left, but I couldn’t help but wonder about the potential for Dove Wars, and aerial fisticuffs as soon as the baskets were opened.

Two o’clock arrived and kick off. I took up my position in the photographers’ pit to make absolutely sure that the dove people got their signal. The show started with a video montage of highlights from Live Aid ’85 which was a glorious mullet fiesta. Then (inexplicably) a trumpet fanfare from men in red coats and funny hats on the stage, then on came U2 and Sir Paul to wade into “Sergeant Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band”. This into ‘Beautiful Day’ during which came the dove cue. I had imagined a gentle flock rising into the sky, circling over the crowd and heading off into the sunset, but as soon as the baskets were opened the birds shot out of there and would have had your eye out if you’d been standing in the way. Large security guys dived for cover as the jet stream roared past, straight over to stage right and were gone, leaving behind only a few tail feathers fluttering in the breeze. Somewhat less spectacular than I’d envisaged, but I think we caught a few on camera at least.

‘Vertigo’ and ‘One’ followed then we were done. I thought it went well – a lower case triumph – and you only have to imagine the potential for disaster at this type of event to be satisfied that just getting through it is achievement enough. I was just happy that all the video pieces played in the right songs and that the doves went off OK, even if they were in more of a hurry than I’d expected (lads, lads… what’s the rush…?)"

nurse chrissi said:
Here is a bit from Willie's Tour Diary on the live 8 show and the Doves :lol:
btw I think I'm developing a crush on Willie even though I have a feeling that I am SO not his type :wink:

"....My second task was to co-ordinate the dove release. On Monday, Bono had asked if we could release doves in the middle of Beautiful Day, so we put “Dove Release, UK” into Google and, amazingly, came up with a list of companies that do just that. Weeding out the less likely candidates was important and in order to find enough doves we ended up having to go with two rival dove release companies. We put them in the photographers’ pit at the front, one on stage right, the other on stage left, but I couldn’t help but wonder about the potential for Dove Wars, and aerial fisticuffs as soon as the baskets were opened.

Two o’clock arrived and kick off. I took up my position in the photographers’ pit to make absolutely sure that the dove people got their signal. The show started with a video montage of highlights from Live Aid ’85 which was a glorious mullet fiesta. Then (inexplicably) a trumpet fanfare from men in red coats and funny hats on the stage, then on came U2 and Sir Paul to wade into “Sergeant Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band”. This into ‘Beautiful Day’ during which came the dove cue. I had imagined a gentle flock rising into the sky, circling over the crowd and heading off into the sunset, but as soon as the baskets were opened the birds shot out of there and would have had your eye out if you’d been standing in the way. Large security guys dived for cover as the jet stream roared past, straight over to stage right and were gone, leaving behind only a few tail feathers fluttering in the breeze. Somewhat less spectacular than I’d envisaged, but I think we caught a few on camera at least.

‘Vertigo’ and ‘One’ followed then we were done. I thought it went well – a lower case triumph – and you only have to imagine the potential for disaster at this type of event to be satisfied that just getting through it is achievement enough. I was just happy that all the video pieces played in the right songs and that the doves went off OK, even if they were in more of a hurry than I’d expected (lads, lads… what’s the rush…?)"

aww, poor Willie :lol:

Someone please tell him that the doves looked lovely on TV (or on AOL in my case :wink: ). They looked like they did do the "circle over the crowd" thingy, very cool. Or at least the cameras made it look that way.

P.S. I love how they found the dove companies on Google :giggle:

P.P.S. "mullet fiesta" :lmao: I sooooo need to work that into a conversation one day (I feel a thread title coming on too :wink: )

one4u2 said:

That's Gwenyth Paltrow and her daughter.

Apple! :D Aww, look at Bono and Edge being all goo-goo. :cute: Larry seems to be wishing he was Anywhere Else. :lol:

I :heart: Willie and his diary. He writes so well - as well as being a genius at his day job. What a guy! And the doves looked fine on TV. :)

Back
Top Bottom