Jen's Random Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Ugh...I need to cough up another story for my fiction writing class, but I have no ideas! :sad: Of course, there's this cute guy in my class who is kind of inspirational...No, wait, he just makes me stare at him a lot...:lmao:

I posted my tattoo pics on my website if anybody hasn't seen them...only one I didn't put there is the "before" picture (you can see that in my profile).

Last week my friends and I were watching the Top 100 sexiest artists and we decided that they need to have separate countdowns for the men and the women. I kept shouting, "THERE ARE TOO MANY CHICKS!" at the TV!

Anybody have anything random they'd like to share? I love randomness! :happy:

*edited 'cuz I thought of something else!*

How do you tell a good friend that it's BON-OH and not BONE-OH???!!! Bah!

BON-OH...
bp6.jpg

BONE-OH...
bono_s.gif

Last edited:
Well, maybe this doesn't qualify as random since your BONE-oh picture kind of scared me but made me laugh, and it inspired me to post my favorite scary-but-funny picture:

33569%3A%3B923232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2325%3D427%3D9%3A%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E232333%3B435%3A64ot1lsi

A few other cute and funny ones:

Bad dog
33569%3A%3B923232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2325%3D427%3D9%3A%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E232333%3B43%3A337ot1lsi

A hotdog dog

33569%3A%3B923232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2325%3D427%3D9%3A%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E232333%3B43%3A33%3Aot1lsi

And since Halloween is approaching....

33569%3A%3B923232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2325%3D427%3D9%3A%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E232333%3B43%3A34%3Bot1lsi

I just woke up, in case this makes no sense...

Random thing that annoys me:
Note: there are 7 U2 posters in my dorm room.

I hate it when people come into our room and go "oh, do you guys like U2?" or "Yeah, I heard that Bone-o blah blah blah blah"
The last time someone asked me if I liked U2 while standing in our room got the response "Well, kinda, I guess, I mean my roommate likes them, but I always thought Cher's husband was dead..."
And she didn't get it, so that went well.

[/random incoherence]

Re: I just woke up, in case this makes no sense...

Ultraviolet Light said:
Random thing that annoys me:
Note: there are 7 U2 posters in my dorm room.

I hate it when people come into our room and go "oh, do you guys like U2?" or "Yeah, I heard that Bone-o blah blah blah blah"
The last time someone asked me if I liked U2 while standing in our room got the response "Well, kinda, I guess, I mean my roommate likes them, but I always thought Cher's husband was dead..."
And she didn't get it, so that went well.

[/random incoherence]

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

One time, during my freshman year, I was sitting up on my bunk (which was surrounded by U2 posters, of course!) when my roommate's friends came in, and this guy was like, "Do you like U2?" :banghead:

Even worse...I actually had a girl in my class in high school ask me, "What's the difference between Sonny Bono and Bono?" (and she even pronounced Bono right!)

One of my current roomies, whenever I'm listening to any music at all, she asks, "Is this U2?" She's done this with...Guns N Roses, REM, and probably others that I can't think of at the moment!

Also...I worked at a pizza place three summers in a row. One night we were listening to the radio and an NSYNC song came on...One of my co-workers, who's friends with my parents, asked, "Is this Britney Spears?" :lmao: PRICELESS!!!!

Re: Re: I just woke up, in case this makes no sense...

wertsie said:

One night we were listening to the radio and an NSYNC song came on...One of my co-workers, who's friends with my parents, asked, "Is this Britney Spears?" :lmao: PRICELESS!!!!

I make that mistake all the time. :yes:

YAY for Random

We haven't had a random thread in quite a while :dance:

let me just say that this is the cutest thing I have ever seen

My bit O' Randomness if anyone cares:

My town is being overrun by fishermen from New Joisey ...although they aren't the cool :shifty: Soprano type ....they are just :drunk: at 10 am...and they walk in the middle of the road....I think one of these days I might just hit one to teach them that they can't just walk in the middle of the road. Oh wait a minute...then that would dent my car...Maybe I'll just steal their waders and polls so they have to go home.

Re: YAY for Random

daisybean said:
We haven't had a random thread in quite a while :dance:

let me just say that this is the cutest thing I have ever seen

My bit O' Randomness if anyone cares:

My town is being overrun by fishermen from New Joisey ...although they aren't the cool :shifty: Soprano type ....they are just :drunk: at 10 am...and they walk in the middle of the road....I think one of these days I might just hit one to teach them that they can't just walk in the middle of the road. Oh wait a minute...then that would dent my car...Maybe I'll just steal their waders and polls so they have to go home.

:lmao: Kind of like the tourists that come to my town in the summer! :madspit: They ride their frickin' bicycles in the middle of the road and don't even get over when you honk at them!

Happy randomness...I finally got meself a Bono (Yankee Mindsummer's Night) Candle today. Yay! Holy masculinity! :drool: It smells amazing!

bp41.jpg

Also...97.9 GRD played Electrical Storm today! Yay! :happy:

mah head hurts

daisybean said:
My town is being overrun by fishermen from New Joisey ...although they aren't the cool :shifty: Soprano type ....they are just :drunk: at 10 am

So...they make you a refuse you can't offer? *dork*

daisybean said:
Oh wait a minute...then that would dent my car...Maybe I'll just steal their waders and polls so they have to go home.

:no: Don't hurt your cat Daisy!! :D

well, this is sorta random: Ellen and I walked to the mall and I bought a Rolling Stone (nice Bono piccie) and some blank CDs and Ellen bought new shoes and on the way home, I almost stepped on a cute toad about this long --------------------------------------------- so I carried it home and put it in the CJ* bathtub, hehe! :evil:

*CJ = the bathroom the whole floor shares

*waits patiently for screaming*....

:shifty:

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
well, this is sorta random: Ellen and I walked to the mall and I bought a Rolling Stone (nice Bono piccie) and some blank CDs and Ellen bought new shoes and on the way home, I almost stepped on a cute toad about this long --------------------------------------------- so I carried it home and put it in the CJ* bathtub, hehe! :evil:

*CJ = the bathroom the whole floor shares

*waits patiently for screaming*....

:shifty:

Aw! I love toads!

When I went to Rivertown Crossing today with my bro and his girlfriend, we found a calendar that has a picture on the front that looks like our doggie! :happy: I miss her. :sad:

bonosloveslave said:
Well, maybe this doesn't qualify as random since your BONE-oh picture kind of scared me but made me laugh, and it inspired me to post my favorite scary-but-funny picture:

And since Halloween is approaching....

33569%3A%3B923232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2325%3D427%3D9%3A%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E232333%3B43%3A34%3Bot1lsi

:lmao: That's so funny!

I just remembered the obscene carrot thread! That was the funniest thing ever!

33569%3A%3B923232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2325%3D427%3D9%3A%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E232333%3B43%3A33%3Aot1lsi

And yes, this is the cutest thing I've ever seen!

Random irritant...

:madspit: I took my contacts out and now I'm wearing my glasses. I hardly ever do because they're annoying. I think my face is crooked or something...

:hyper: :lmao:

'kay...SNL time!!!

wertsie said:

Aw! I love toads!

When I went to Rivertown Crossing today with my bro and his girlfriend, we found a calendar that has a picture on the front that looks like our doggie! :happy: I miss her. :sad:

Aw! *pet fuzzies* I misseth my guinea piggy sehr.....

Did you get the Bonoscent, didja didja?!?!?

Aw! *pet fuzzies* I misseth my guinea piggy sehr.....

Did you get the Bonoscent, didja didja?!?!?

:yes: :yes: :yes: So excited! It's very masculine-smelling! :drool:

Only problem is I left my lighter at home and my roommate's lighter won't work anymore! I need to go to the store to get a new one!

Funny

Here's a random email I got, made me laugh:

HOW TO KEEP A HEALTHY LEVEL OF INSANITY
1) At lunchtime, sit in your parked car w/sunglasses on and point a hair dryer at passing cars. See if they slow down.
2) Page yourself over the intercom. Don't disguise your voice.
3) Insist that your e-mail address is:
Xena-Warrior-Princess@companyname.com
-or-
Elvis-the-King@companyname.com
4) Every time someone asks you to do something, ask if they want fries with that.
5) Encourage your colleagues to join you in a little synchronized chair dancing.
6) Put your garbage can on your desk and label it "IN."
7) Develop an unnatural fear of staplers.
8) Put decaf in the coffee maker for 3 weeks. Once everyone has gotten over their caffeine addictions, switch to espresso.
9) In the memo field of all your checks, write 'for sexual favors.'
10) Reply to everything someone says with, "That's what you think."
11) Finish all your sentences with "In accordance with the prophecy."
12) Adjust the tint on your monitor so that the brightness level lights up the entire work area. Insist to others that you like it that way.
13) Don't use any punctuation
14) As often as possible, skip rather than walk.
15) Ask people what sex they are. Laugh hysterically after they answer.
16) Specify that your drive-through order is "to go."
17) Sing along at the opera.
18) Go to a poetry recital and ask why the poems don't rhyme.
19) Find out where your boss shops and buy exactly the same outfits.
Wear them one day after your boss does. (This is >especially< effective if your boss is of the opposite gender.)
20) Send e-mail to the rest of the company to tell them what you're doing. For example, "If anyone needs me, I'll be in the bathroom, in Stall #3."
21) Put mosquito netting around your cubicle. Play a tape of jungle sounds all day.
22) Five days in advance, tell your friends you can't attend their party because you're not in the mood.
23) Call the psychic hotline and don't say anything.
24) Have your coworkers address you by your wrestling name, Rock Hard.
25) When the money comes out of the ATM, scream "I Won!", "I Won!" , "3rd time this week!"
26) When leaving the zoo, start running towards the parking lot, yelling, "Run for your lives, they're loose!"
27) Tell your boss, "It's not the voices in my head that bother me, its the voices in your head that do."
28) Tell your children over dinner. "Due to the economy, we are going to have to let one of you go."
29) Every time you see a broom, yell, "Honey, your mother is here!"

:eeklaugh:

Re: Funny

bonosloveslave said:
1) At lunchtime, sit in your parked car w/sunglasses on and point a hair dryer at passing cars. See if they slow down.

25) When the money comes out of the ATM, scream "I Won!", "I Won!" , "3rd time this week!"

[/B]

:lmao: :lmao: these are all hilarious!

this deserves the der of the year award

bonosloveslave said:
2) Page yourself over the intercom. Don't disguise your voice.

Someone I know actually did that. She wanted to get out of doing her job (because she is lazy and worthless), so she went to the "bathroom" and paged herself to where her boyfriend just happened to be working. Her and the bf got caught smooching on company time and were both given the ole hasta la vista. The only reason she got caught was that her supervisor recognized her voice over the intercom.

Re: this deserves the der of the year award

daisybean said:

Someone I know actually did that. She wanted to get out of doing her job (because she is lazy and worthless), so she went to the "bathroom" and paged herself to where her boyfriend just happened to be working. Her and the bf got caught smooching on company time and were both given the ole hasta la vista. The only reason she got caught was that her supervisor recognized her voice over the intercom.

ha!

*prints the list out*

I think I am addicted to internet checkers! :lmao:

I moved all the crap around on my desk today. Now I have much more room! Yay!

REJOICE!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Re: I have a confession

daisybean said:
I never bought the Bonoscent candle...I :heart: yankee candle, and have every other flavor...but I didn't like the way that one candle smelled....does this make me a bad Bonogirl for not liking Bonoscent?

haha! it's ok, it was overwhelming in that store, sooo maaaannny candle smellllllsss!!! but once I got them home, the smell kinda grew on me and now i enjoy inhaling daily doses

*sniffs candles on desk*

mmmmmmmmmm

Well I could run a yankee candle store out of my home.....I have almost flavor except Bonoscent.

However I don't think I've bought one in like a year, due to my in the toilet finances, my YC obsession was the first thing to go.

Anyone wanna buy some slightly used candles? ;)

Re: Re: I have a confession

haha! it's ok, it was overwhelming in that store, sooo maaaannny candle smellllllsss!!! but once I got them home, the smell kinda grew on me and now i enjoy inhaling daily doses

*sniffs candles on desk*

mmmmmmmmmm

:up: Whenever I'm sitting at my desk (like now!) I have that baby burning! I was at the mall with my brother when I got it, and he was like, "Why did you pay $20 for a CANDLE?" and I was like, "Well...Because..." If I told him why, he'd probably just shake his head at me. :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom