I still know there was something I had to do...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hippy

ONE<br>love, blood, life
Lookin' for the face I had before the world was ma
I panicked because I couldn't find the thread! :sad:

And then I suspected that we had been archived...

And nobody better comment about my grammar in the title. :tongue:

On another note... it was very cold this morning and frost covered the grass... it looked like a light dusting of snow. Aaaaand, I got to wear a REAL jacket for the second day in a row!

It's the little things, people.

The Save Darfur Coalition. (www.savedarfur.org, www.millionvoicesfordarfur.org, [/promotion]) I wonder if this will turn up in google searches now. Creepy.

Anyway, yeah, so I about peed my pants when I heard about Joey Cheek's press conference.
And only half because I think it's funny that his last name is Cheek.

Last edited:
I feel like there should be a "last summer" at the end of this thread title...

you'd think they wouldn't start archiving stuff until it's off the first page, at least.

Re: I still know there was something I had to do... last summer

hippy said:
I panicked because I couldn't find the thread! :sad:

And then I suspected that we had been archived...

And nobody better comment about my grammar in the title. :tongue:

On another note... it was very cold this morning and frost covered the grass... it looked like a light dusting of snow. Aaaaand, I got to wear a REAL jacket for the second day in a row!

It's the little things, people.

haha! I'm glad you're happy about your jacket. :sexywink:

we had 16 inches of snow sunday and the high tomorrow is 50 degrees.

Of course, that means today everything is slushland... and big pieces of ice are falling off the tops of all the buildings :yikes:

Ultraviolet Light said:
The Save Darfur Coalition. (www.savedarfur.org, www.millionvoicesfordarfur.org, [/promotion]) I wonder if this will turn up in google searches now. Creepy.

Anyway, yeah, so I about peed my pants when I heard about Joey Cheek's press conference.
And only half because I think it's funny that his last name is Cheek.

okay... um... who's joey cheek? :reject:

and that's really neat! what kind of stuff are you personally doing?

here's kristie's update:
two exams down for hte week
third exam on thursday
dell sent me my new cd drive and they sent me the wrong model and it doesn't fit, so they're sending me yet another one.

THE END.

Last edited:
he = won the 500m speedskating thingy yesterday. Or I suppose two days ago, in Torino.
Story ist ja hier.
(Guy at work: "do you think he knows there's no speedskating in Sudan?")

Right now I'm doing whatever they tell me to do (i.e. mailing postcards/wristbands/shirts), but we have an event on April 30 that we're all sort of collectively working on.
So how's that for a nebulous answer!

And boo for wrong computer parts.

Ultraviolet Light said:

That word reminds me of Star Trek. :reject: Don't know why...

But that rocks that you are doing something cool like that, Ellen. I wish that I would get off my ass and devote more time to doing productive and useful things for other human beings.

Dude, twin... you're getting a Dell... that's broken. :madspit: And I also did not know who Joey Cheek was. But his name is amusing. Do you think he's "cheeky"?

*gets booed off the stage*

1. That's because in star trek they're always heading toward some damn nebula or another!
They were in one today.

ellen - aaahhh, the life of an intern... at least you're helping a worthy cause instead of working for some corporate asshole.

hippy said:
Dude, twin... you're getting a Dell... that's broken. :madspit:

Bwaha.

It's okay, I only know who said guy is because 1. I'm an Olympics junkie and 2. I got at least a dozen emails about him today.
Also, I can't believe no one at NBC made a bad joke about his name. I sure as hell did. :D I guess they're just more mature than I am. :wink:

OH OH
that's the guy who donated his medal to the darfur people, isn't it?

<smrt>

my broken dell - It's not TOO broken... it just can't really play dvds. They're really jerky and everyone sounds like they're underwater.

But the guy who I talked to on the phone was named Shahzad.

I wish I was named Shahzad.

Do you get to meet Joey Cheek or something? He's rather cute! And his name is "Cheek".:giggle:

Ellen, you're not missing much around here. Colleen actually comes out of her room for more than 5 minutes at a time (she's obsessed with the Olympics and doesn't have a TV, so is forced to socialize in the living room) and Max's new favorite passtime is wandering in the ceiling.

Our high temperature is supposed to be in the mid 20's the next few days with a strong east wind coming out of the gorge. BRRRRRR!

Winter storm warning in effect 5pm today (Wed) through 5pm Friday....our forecast for tomorrow is Ice Pellets, 90% :huh:

so how did that go?

ice pellets = totally worse than 16" of snow

speaking of, my 16" is gone now
and the weather looks crappy tomorrow... wind advisory, 50s in the morning (good) dropping to 30s in the afternoon (bad) and rain.
booooooooooo
I was enjoying the 50s and sunny.
and now, to bed with me.

It wen't flawlessly according to the forecast. :| First, there was a storm of freezing rain. Then, the wind picked up to 50 mph. Next, the rain came back except this time it was more like a combination of slush and hail (ice pellets?). Around 1pm, it got VERY dark and then the lightening and thunder started while the rain picked up again. We had winter storm warnings, wind advisories, and tornado watches. The rest of the day was windy, dark, and full of raining ice pellets.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
It wen't flawlessly according to the forecast. :| First, there was a storm of freezing rain. Then, the wind picked up to 50 mph. Next, the rain came back except this time it was more like a combination of slush and hail (ice pellets?). Around 1pm, it got VERY dark and then the lightening and thunder started while the rain picked up again. We had winter storm warnings, wind advisories, and tornado watches. The rest of the day was windy, dark, and full of raining ice pellets.

:yikes:

Now it's only 1 degree! It's soooooo cold, it hurts to breathe. And it's sooooo windy. Everything is covered with ice. On my walk to work I noticed the ice on the sidewalks is smooth and about and inch thick. I should've skated to work, then I wouldn't have had to worry about slipping.

It's going to get below zero tonight (10-20 below including the windchill, which at this point is more accurate since it's still nonstop wind). The high for tomorrow, without the windchill, is 11 degrees.

Last edited:
At least it's dry here. That east wind just sucks the air away when it blows in your face. I don't know what the wind chill is but the temperature has been in the high 20's, low 30's here today. We've had wind gusts over 50mph.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Now it's only 1 degree! It's soooooo cold, it hurts to breathe. And it's sooooo windy. Everything is covered with ice. On my walk to work I noticed the ice on the sidewalks is smooth and about and inch thick. I should've skated to work, then I wouldn't have had to worry about slipping.

It's going to get below zero tonight (10-20 below including the windchill, which at this point is more accurate since it's still nonstop wind). The high for tomorrow, without the windchill, is 11 degrees.

uuuuugghh I hate it when it gets that cold... down at purdue there was always a day during the winter where the windchill was around -30 and it's just horrible.
if I were you I'd just stay home..
though I suppose the four jobs + class makes that a little hard

kellyahern said:
It might get up to 80F tomorrow

. . . . I'll see myself out :reject:

:lol:
it made it up to 58 this morning here, it was awesome... and then it dropped to the 30s, as predicted, around 4. Blah.
Though 30s isn't all that cold, at least to me... people here sure complain about it though.

Hopefully it'll be warmer in Dallas when I'm there in a few weeks. Tonight/tomorrow there is forecasted to be below freezing (like, 30) and Dave says everyone's stocking up on food and ice melt and firewood and he's laughing at them.

Kristie said:

uuuuugghh I hate it when it gets that cold... down at purdue there was always a day during the winter where the windchill was around -30 and it's just horrible.
if I were you I'd just stay home..
though I suppose the four jobs + class makes that a little hard

Thursday (the day of the thunder/ice/tornado storm) I was thisclose to turning around and going back to bed when I got outside.

Now it's -15 and snowing...

:yikes:

do you have anywhere to go tomorrow or can you stay home?

apparently our wind advisory killed two people in New York... trees fell on them.

let's see... what's going on in Kristieland.
Oh, I have a question for any of you who have Amtrak-ed much.. if you check your baggage at one station and have to switch trains at another station before reaching your destination, do they put your bags on the new train for you or do you have to do it?

My goal this week is to wean myself off caffiene by switching to caffiene-free diet coke. They taste exactly the same to me, but no caffiene = migraines, so I'm going slow.

Can any of you think of a cool paper topic on Egyptian Religion for me? My professor informed us on Thursday that grad students have to write a 20 page paper and he wants a proposal by Tuesday. I'm a little grumpy about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom