Good Mullet, Bad Mullet!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
heeheehee...Today at my brother's track meet, I was standing with my mom and all of a sudden she says, "Ew! What is wrong with that guy's hair?!" He had the most HIDIOUS mullet ever. VERY short on top, VERY long in back, a la Billy Ray Cyrus in the early 80s. Now, I look back at the boys in U2 in the early 80s, with their mullets (or, in Sparky's case, the 'fro!) and it's really not so bad. Of course, I am totally convinced that those guys could shave their heads and wear burlap bags and still be sexy. Yeah...now THERE's an image!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Nothin' wrong with a good mullet. Don't go dumpin' on my sweet Billy Ray. Saw him at the county fair and he gave me his autograph. Still don't know why he's playin' fairs instead of arenas now.

------------------
I'm a little bit country, I'm a little bit rock and roll.

during the olympics i wanted to go to bed, but i also wanted to know who won gold in mens ice skating. one guy had a wannabe mullet, and i was laughing at him. the next morning i was getting ready for school i noticed my mom had left me a note. she told me that "mr. mullet" got silver. i burst out laughing...

everyone:
rolleyes.gif

laura: guess you had to be there...you also have to know that my mother is a VERY conservative christian reformed woman, who's parents were missionaries...

twas funny inDEED.

------------------
* love is blindness * i don't want to see * won't you wrap the night around me * take my heart * love is blindness * in a parked car * in a crowded street * you see your love made complete * the thread is ripping * the knot is sleeping * love is blindness * love is clockworks and cold steel * fingers to numb to feel * squeeze the handle * blow out the candle * love is blindness * love is blindness * i don't want to see * won't you wrap the night around me * o my love * blindness * a little death without mourning * no call and no warning * baby a dangerous idea * that almost makes sense* love is drowning in a deep well * all the secrets * and no one to tell * take the money * honey * love is blindness * love is blindness * i don't want to see * won't you wrap the night around me * o my love * blindness *

Originally posted by wertsie:
I am totally convinced that those guys could shave their heads and wear burlap bags and still be sexy.

don't forget to add Leperosy and the presence of a third nipple in there!

------------------

DAVE EVANS ATTENDS MY SCHOOL, I have proof!

I want Bono, I want Larry, Edgie Edgie I love you hairy!
(meow mix tune)

"Where's my public? My God, they've deserted me! This is a crisis. We'd better do something. Stir up some publicity or something. 'Bono in under-age sex orgy.' That should do it. I want my public Back" - Bono 87'

Originally posted by stephannv:
don't forget to add Leperosy and the presence of a third nipple in there!

heehee...Of course not!

Last summer at work, we had this "mullet's seen" count going one day because this lady came in with one. It was so hard not to laugh with her around!

------------------

Burlap bags? Sounds kinky.

BLINDFOLD!!!
3343536%3B23232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3234%3E%3A7%3A%3E635%3EWSNRCG%3D3232383%3B343%3B%3Anu0mrj

There are no good mullets. Example:
3343536%3B23232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3234%3E%3A7%3A%3E635%3Ewsnrcg%3D3232398232838nu0mrj

*cringe* Why, Bono, why? He looks like a gay trailer trash hick. (My apology to my gay friends.

But there are some decent mullet pics:
3343536%3B23232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B6%3B%3D726%3DXROQDF%3E23232697%3B7%3B3%3Aot1lsi

3343536%3B23232%7Ffp4%3C%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B6%3B%3D726%3DXROQDF%3E2323282%3C33%3B%3B7ot1lsi

*swoon*

------------------
Pink elephants and lemonade.
Dear Jessie, hear the laughter running through the love parade.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers: Emily's Wallpapers

Originally posted by daisybean:
*runs from yet to come BonoMullet argument*

let's hope not daisy, i think we've moved past stuff like that...*at least i hope so*
peace ladies!
smile.gif

------------------
Is it getting hot in here or is it just ADAM??
*+*MaRiA*+*

Yep, it's all about the burlap bags, baby! Yeah, Bono looks amazing in all those mullet pix except the one you pointed out. I think if you just cut off some of the hair in back it'd be okay...

------------------

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
let's hope not daisy, i think we've moved past stuff like that...*at least i hope so*
peace ladies!
smile.gif

Totally! I don't want to fight, not at all. Besides, U2 were the GOOD mullet guys in this scenario...hehe

------------------

3343536%3B23232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E54%3A%3E84%3B%3Ewsnrcg%3D3232398232%3C%3A%3Bnu0mrj
random bono pic! i think he looks absolutely hot in this one!
smile.gif

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*

3343536%3B23232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E54%3A%3E84%3B%3Ewsnrcg%3D3232398232%3C%3A%3Bnu0mrj
smile.gif

I second that! I somewhat miss Popmart-era Bono...Not that he doesn't look AMAZING now, but still...*drool drool drool*

------------------

Originally posted by madonna's child:
Burlap bags? Sounds kinky.

There are no good mullets. Example:
3343536%3B23232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3234%3E%3A7%3A%3E635%3Ewsnrcg%3D3232398232838nu0mrj

*cringe* Why, Bono, why? He looks like a gay trailer trash hick. (My apology to my gay friends.

*swoon*

What about your hicky friends in trailers like me? I think what ya said was rude. He looks mighty tasty to me. I'd do him.

------------------
I'm a little bit country, I'm a little bit rock and roll.

Originally posted by The Possum Queen:
What about your hicky friends in trailers like me? I think what ya said was rude. He looks mighty tasty to me. I'd do him.

please don't take offense possum queen, emily is a sweetheart...
smile.gif

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*

smile.gif

wow, I've never seen THAT one before, do you have any more! I enjoy Pop-era Bono

------------------
"Take for a while
your trumpet from your lips

Loosen your hold,
loosen your grip

On your old ways that have
fallen out of step
with the change in time

Hoist a new flag
Hoist a new flag."
-- Birds Without Wings, David Gray

I like this pic, I wish it wasn't so fuzzy.

3343536%3B23232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B6%3B%3D726%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3A7324869ot1lsi

!!!!WARNING!!!!
Random Adam pic:
334353%3A723232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B6%3B%3D726%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3A2%3B76%3A97ot1lsi

Whoa! Didn't see that coming, did you!?
biggrin.gif

------------------

Love,
Emily

Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic:
wow, I've never seen THAT one before, do you have any more! I enjoy Pop-era Bono

actually sweetie, i was just over in the leather thread and came across it. i must say i'd never seen it either, i had to have it *rightclicksave*
smile.gif

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*

Good example of a BAD mullet...

Taken from outside the Pop Shop in Kellyville OK...this was a "stealth shot" as the subject did not know he was being photographed.
DSCN0981.JPG

After gaining our courage, the subject was asked to pose...

Char's sister: "um, excuse me sir, but can we take a picture of your mullet?"

Mullet guy: "mah whut?"

Char's sister: "your hairstyle, heeheehee"

Mullet guy: "Oooohhhh, why you shure can little lady...ya want me from the front or the back?"

Char's sister: "uh, from the side, we need to see the length."

Bystander: "what in the heyull are ya'll doin?"

Stepmom: "sorry old boy, they's visitin from California...they like his hair, that muffet thing or whatever they call it"

DSCN0982.JPG

Originally posted by The Possum Queen:
I'm sorry, sweety. It's just an expression, I didn't think twice. That was rude of me and I apoligize.

------------------

Love,
Emily

3343536%3B23232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B6%3B%3D726%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3A7324869ot1lsi

!!!!WARNING!!!!
Random Adam pic:
334353%3A723232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B6%3B%3D726%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3A2%3B76%3A97ot1lsi

biggrin.gif

what a tart *bono has that come hither look again* !! i am always in the mood for a yummy orange poptart!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*

!!!!WARNING!!!!
Random Adam pic:

biggrin.gif

NICE, NICE pictures! *Jen is wishing for about the 100th time today that she had more disk space for her site!* There's always room with Adam! (I was thinking of this episode of Friends where Joey says he can make anything sound sexy or something and he says, "There's always room for JELLO!" Yeah...it's funny if you know what I mean!).

------------------

we discussed sparky's frollet a few wks ago at an RSOC meeting... we all seem to think it was cute! here is an example of the frollet
334353%3A723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E54%3A%3E84%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3232379776%3A%3A3nu0mrj

of course, with sparky's wavy hair he never let it get too long, but it's still a frollet...*i think i like saying that word FROLLET!*

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*

rofl! char, you actually ASKED? he must have been one of the ignorant ones who is totally unaware of mullitude of his hair...

------------------
* love is blindness * i don't want to see * won't you wrap the night around me * take my heart * love is blindness * in a parked car * in a crowded street * you see your love made complete * the thread is ripping * the knot is sleeping * love is blindness * love is clockworks and cold steel * fingers to numb to feel * squeeze the handle * blow out the candle * love is blindness * love is blindness * i don't want to see * won't you wrap the night around me * o my love * blindness * a little death without mourning * no call and no warning * baby a dangerous idea * that almost makes sense* love is drowning in a deep well * all the secrets * and no one to tell * take the money * honey * love is blindness * love is blindness * i don't want to see * won't you wrap the night around me * o my love * blindness *

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
Good example of a BAD mullet...

Taken from outside the Pop Shop in Kellyville OK...this was a "stealth shot" as the subject did not know he was being photographed.
DSCN0981.JPG

After gaining our courage, the subject was asked to pose...

Char's sister: "um, excuse me sir, but can we take a picture of your mullet?"

Mullet guy: "mah whut?"

Char's sister: "your hairstyle, heeheehee"

Mullet guy: "Oooohhhh, why you shure can little lady...ya want me from the front or the back?"

Char's sister: "uh, from the side, we need to see the length."

Bystander: "what in the heyull are ya'll doin?"

Stepmom: "sorry old boy, they's visitin from California...they like his hair, that muffet thing or whatever they call it"

DSCN0982.JPG

oh my!
eek.gif

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*

we discussed sparky's frollet a few wks ago at an RSOC meeting... we all seem to think it was cute! here is an example of the frollet
334353%3A723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E54%3A%3E84%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3232379776%3A%3A3nu0mrj

of course, with sparky's wavy hair he never let it get too long, but it's still a frollet...*i think i like saying that word FROLLET!*

I like this picture of Adam. FROLLET...hahaha...I have one on my site like it, except he's looking at the camera.

------------------

Originally posted by Stories for Boys:
rofl! char, you actually ASKED? he must have been one of the ignorant ones who is totally unaware of mullitude of his hair...

Yeah, we pulled up to this convenience store and we tried just taking it from the car but my uncle dared us to ask so we did. I think the mullet guy was digging my sister so he said yes.

No one there seemed to know it by the term mullet. Everytime we saw one my stepmom kept saying "hey girls, theres one of those muffet hairdos" and we would just laugh our asses off.

oh, the frollet...sniff sniff...if I was going to Chicago, I could bring the magazine that this is in so everyone could see the original
frown.gif
It's so much better than the scan.

Back
Top Bottom