Edge pics from "Can-do -Dinner"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

teenie

Acrobat
Not sure if these have been posted yet..

The Food Bank of New York City's Annual Can-Do Awards Gala held at Pier Sixty at Chelsea Piers
New York City, USA - 23.04.07

1973530.jpg

1973518.jpg

1972527.jpg

1972529.jpg

1972528.jpg

:wink: :drool: Oh wow!! Thanks Teenie! Just as i was seeing Edge is that nice suit....Suger Kisses by Echo just came on the radio! Ahh...! And I 'm a bono-Girl! heee....lol!:love: :cool:

:lol: I think she's referring to "Lips Like Sugar" by Echo And The Bunnymen. I love it too. Very nice music.:wink:

Thank you for the pictures. Edge looks great in that shinny suit.

A friend of mine in the food business who is friends with Mario Batali went to the dinner. He sat one table away from Edge. Some highlights:

--Many jokes were made by the speakers about the fact that the dinner was honoring Edge and not Bono. Edge was very good natured about all the teasing, though.

--Jimmy Fallon was hilarious, even though in the pix he looks like hadn't bathed in three days. He sang a song suggesting that the solution to world peace lies in having the warring sides open a carwash together -- the Carwash of Peace.

--The crowd at the dinner was trying to be very blase about the number of A-list celebs and big name chefs who were there. That is, until Bill Clinton entered the room. My friend said every woman (and some of the men) stared at Clinton and soon there was a mob surrounding him. He said Clinton loved every second of it and was friendly to every one who came up to him.

--Elvis Costello's performance of Streets brought the house down. My friend said he's never heard anything more stunning, and he said Edge was totally blown away by it. His appearance was a surprise and my friend could see Edge's reaction was sheer delight.

I'm so jealous.

silvrlvr said:
A friend of mine in the food business who is friends with Mario Batali went to the dinner. He sat one table away from Edge. Some highlights:

--Many jokes were made by the speakers about the fact that the dinner was honoring Edge and not Bono. Edge was very good natured about all the teasing, though.

--Jimmy Fallon was hilarious, even though in the pix he looks like hadn't bathed in three days. He sang a song suggesting that the solution to world peace lies in having the warring sides open a carwash together -- the Carwash of Peace.

--The crowd at the dinner was trying to be very blase about the number of A-list celebs and big name chefs who were there. That is, until Bill Clinton entered the room. My friend said every woman (and some of the men) stared at Clinton and soon there was a mob surrounding him. He said Clinton loved every second of it and was friendly to every one who came up to him.

--Elvis Costello's performance of Streets brought the house down. My friend said he's never heard anything more stunning, and he said Edge was totally blown away by it. His appearance was a surprise and my friend could see Edge's reaction was sheer delight.

I'm so jealous.

:cool:

Would have loved to be a fly on the wall there!!(pun intended?) Am really getting cranky about all the Edge, Bono sightings and here I am stuck in a real life with no chance of seeing them. Anyone else feel it with me???
Edge is looking rested and happy. What, no Morleigh, tho? that stinks. Love the face, hate the suit and that beanie should beat it. Elvis Costello rocks, always has.

silvrlvr said:

I'm so jealous.

Great report!!
Thank you!! :)

THOSE are gorgeous pics of Edge teenie!:drool: :hug: thanks!

heh, for several months Adam's "traded places" with Edge for my #2 spot.......but Ads might just have competition again with Edge looking SO god! :lol: :lol:

Bless their caring hearts! :love:

He looks SO relaxed and that *sparkly* suit!:drool:

and grrrrrrreatttttt story, silvr!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom