Caption Thread #18: The Bonosapian Rules

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bonoedgeyt1.jpg

:bono: so every last copy of the "Red Hill Mining Town" video is on that plane?

:edge: yep

:bono: Cool! But whats that missile for?

:edge: oh...nothing... :whistle:

rogan20gregory20ali20hevg9.jpg

joe: yes this season we are definately going for a more natural look, I believe it involves canaries...

Page 3... :tsk:

Just saw these...

RHMT442.jpg

:adam: I'm too cool for sleeves.
:bono: Wow, this photographer is even shorter than me.
:edge: I do believe that's a rare northern red-tailed snow-shrike.
:larry: I dunno, it looks like a bird to me.

Last edited:
RHMT428.jpg

:adam: *flicks up collar for added coolness* :shifty:
:bono: Heeey, this fuzzy coat feels gooood! :sexywink:
:edge: And that must be a wood-grouse in its winter plumage...
:larry: ... that bird is staring at meeeee... :yikes:

Last edited:
^Glad you are using the pics Alisaura :)..may I ask you please to right-click save the pics and not hotlink them from the other thread!!
Also if I decide to move them they will dissapear

Please refer to the picture posting thread page 1

1. We share pictures (reemphasize the word SHARE). Most members have an account on either snapfish or Photobucket which they actually pay for. On top of that some members actually subscribe to websites in order to obtain pictures that often involves a fee as well . Hence why hotlink is such a bad thing
Repeat after me - right click and save .

Thank you ;)

Last edited:
Sorry, my bad. I usually do save pics but I guess I was too lazy today. :eek: :reject:
Have edited and fixed. Apologies again.

Just to clarify, cos I've always been fuzzy on the whole "hotlinking" thing... Does quoting pics = hotlinking? If so, presumably it's okay to quote within the same thread, but not beyond it?
*is still a clueless n00b in many ways*

Alisaura said:
Sorry, my bad. I usually do save pics but I guess I was too lazy today. :eek: :reject:
Have edited and fixed. Apologies again.

Just to clarify, cos I've always been fuzzy on the whole "hotlinking" thing... Does quoting pics = hotlinking? If so, presumably it's okay to quote within the same thread, but not beyond it?
*is still a clueless n00b in many ways*

Alisaura:hug:

When pics are hot linked the original posters band with is being used up, and that is not fair especially since most pic hosting sites require and annual fee, example I pay for my PB account and I will lose my bandwith if my pics get hotlinked, and eventally i wont have enough bandwith and PB might close my account ect...

Thank you for correcting the pics, Glad you enjoyed them ;)

BonoFox1 said:

Alisaura:hug:

When pics are hot linked the original posters band with is being used up, and that is not fair especially since most pic hosting sites require and annual fee, example I pay for my PB account and I will lose my bandwith if my pics get hotlinked, and eventally i wont have enough bandwith and PB might close my account ect...

Thank you for correcting the pics, Glad you enjoyed them ;)

:reject:

Maybe we need a hotlinking for dummies thread :giggle:

So is any form of quoting pics considered hotlinking? :reject:

Is it ok to quote pics etc that we like or is it bad? Is it only ok to quote pics in the same thread. Is it bad to quote from another thread.....I am soooo computer illiterate :reject:

Last edited:
gluey said:

:reject:

Maybe we need a hotlinking for dummies thread :giggle:

So is any form of quoting pics considered hotlinking? :reject:

Is it ok to quote pics etc that we like or is it bad? Is it only ok to quote pics in the same thread. Is it bad to quote from another thread.....I am soooo computer illiterate :reject:

quoting pics are not hotlinking, when you go into the quote form and cut and paste someone elses posted pic info (instead of sving it and uploading it on their comp) That is hotlinking..

So all we ask is to richt click save the pics and load them onto your own pic hosting site and you can post them from you own site ..I hope that made sense, I think the pic psoting thread explains it better ;)

BonoFox1 said:

quoting pics are not hotlinking, when you go into the quote form and cut and paste someone elses posted pic info (instead of sving it and uploading it on their comp) That is hotlinking..

So all we ask is to richt click save the pics and load them onto your own pic hosting site and you can post them from you own site ..I hope that made sense, I think the pic psoting thread explains it better ;)

Ahh!! Did you see the light bulb go off in my head!?? :giggle:

I've been such a :reject: with all this and bluffing my way through...but I finally thought when I saw it crop up again..."Gluey, you've got to sort this out for yourself once and for all!" :giggle:

Thanks BF for clearing that up for me :hug:

gluey said:

Ahh!! Did you see the light bulb go off in my head!?? :giggle:

I've been such a :reject: with all this and bluffing my way through...but I finally thought when I saw it crop up again..."Gluey, you've got to sort this out for yourself once and for all!" :giggle:

Thanks BF for clearing that up for me :hug:

and BIG :hug:'s to you for understanding all my typos!!:lol:

there's an easier and faster way :)
www.imageshack.us
instead of upload a pic, select URL
paste the link of the picture you want to use (usually photobucket.com/name of the person/name of the picture.jpg )
and then let them transload it..
imageshack hosts for free, so it'll be available for anyone anytime!

bonobeautifulknappeventjr3.jpg

:bono: so Edge said he had this great song for me to try out...he said it would be our next hit...so lemme see these chords he gave me...

E...*strums*

D...*strums*

G...*strums*

E...*strums*

wow hes right that does sound great now only if...heyyyyyyy...wait a minuteeeee! :mad:

:lmao: omg I never thought of that before!!!!!

I should try it out sometime, see if it sounds good :lol: and call the song, ode to The Edge!

u2portogallo.jpg

:edge: ack! what was that? is it raining? indoor?

:adam: I don't think so...I see no holes on the rooftop...

:bono: it's not a raindrop, edge...there's a swallow's nest o the rafter...

:larry: sh..te! my white shirt...

onekea said:
u2portogallo.jpg

:edge: ack! what was that? is it raining? indoor?

:adam: I don't think so...I see no holes on the rooftop...

:bono: it's not a raindrop, edge...there's a swallow's nest o the rafter...

:larry: sh..te! my white shirt...

:lol:

alternate:

:bono: you know, water actually makes leather feel tighter...
:edge: that explains my pants...

U2UpThere.jpg

:edge: I am smitten. She adores me, I tell you.

:bono: No, she's waving at me. They always wave at me, you know, Edge.

:larry: :hyper: No, it's me! It's me!! And she's gorgeous, and calling my name!

:adam: :yawn: Just be polite and wave, would you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom