Bono's Dancing Girls VI - Were you one of the chosen? Wish you were? Post/chat here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

Well, it was a stupendous show last night. The best part was Walk on, Wild Horses and Bad. As a joke, Char and I yelled "I'm over here!!!" during Bad! :lmao: It feels like my song now. :giggle: Actually, I didn't really "hear" Bad last time, I was in too much shock, so it's good to actually listen to it. One thing about seats, it's very relaxing with no pressure of signs and will he look at me etc. Just enjoy the show. :yes:

Anyway the part that SUCKED was that Char and I waited for FOUR hours in the FREEZING cold and intermittent rain for them by the loading dock. Bono came first and said he couldn't come out as he had a sore throat. :scratch: You'd never know it to hear him in the show! Then the rest of the band just drove in. No waiving....nothing. :grumpy: This really is a band where you win some, you lose some. :shrug:

So.....my last hope to meet the Elusive Mr. Edge will be in the snow of Buffalo. Maybe he will take pity on me shivering out there?

Oh, and Tara, it was me who wanted him to ask my name....but maybe another time.

Miroslava, I love your signs! :lol: :up:

Mrs. Edge said:

So.....my last hope to meet the Elusive Mr. Edge will be in the snow of Buffalo. Maybe he will take pity on me shivering out there?

:shocked: Mrs. Edge has never met Mr The Edge?!?!? :hug: I hope you're able to in Buffalo. He's so cute in person :cute: Those eyes :drool:

I have 2 tries this weekend. I can't wait!!!! :hyper:

Well, let me put it this way. On the last tour, there was a huge mob, and Edge came out and signed things. I did get him to sign my ticket, and I think I shook his hand, but I certainly never got to say anything and he was totally mobbed, so it wasn't really a "meeting" exactly. I would just like to be able to say one or two things to him and see his Edgey smile. :cute:

Oh, and someone was asking about how we afford all this.....well, I certainly can't afford all these tix. Paul and I are in debt anyway....and just further in debt now. I am sooooooooo tempted to get tix for Detroit and Pittsburgh and Las Vegas and LA...but I just can't. Buffalo GC was a huge extravagance, and unfortunately it has to be the last one.

:sigh:

Mrs. Edge said:
[
Oh, and someone was asking about how we afford all this.....well, I certainly can't afford all these tix. Paul and I are in debt anyway....and just further in debt now. I am sooooooooo tempted to get tix for Detroit and Pittsburgh and Las Vegas and LA...but I just can't. Buffalo GC was a huge extravagance, and unfortunately it has to be the last one.

:sigh: [/B]

That was me. ;-) And tickets for Detroit have been selling for ridiculously low prices (2 went for $66, 4 for close to $200) .... it'd be a 350 mile drive for us .... But I get to do Tampa with my daughter, section right by the Edge side of the stage. I can't wait.:yes:

swandiver said:
To you multi-show-goers (and this isn't catty or biotchy, just sheer curiousity on my part), how in the world do you afford to go to so many shows, get time off from work, etc.?????

I knew the tour was coming and this has always been a dream of mine to chase a band around the world. I saved a little plus my tax money and my bonus at work all went towards this. All of my days off this year was/is being used for U2. Everyone at work knows so it's not a big deal to take the time off, even if it's close together. My boss even gave me an extra day off so I could go to another show. But I am in debt over all of this too. I was before and I will be after this is all over. I have a pretty decent paying full time job where most normal people could live comfortably in a nice house. But I prefere a small apartment and seeing U2 countless times all over the US and Ireland :drool: I also just got a 2nd job to help out with the 3rd leg expenses and my lovely debt from everything else. I hope to do it all over again for the next U2 tour! :D

Mrs. Edge said:
Well, let me put it this way. On the last tour, there was a huge mob, and Edge came out and signed things. I did get him to sign my ticket, and I think I shook his hand, but I certainly never got to say anything and he was totally mobbed, so it wasn't really a "meeting" exactly. I would just like to be able to say one or two things to him and see his Edgey smile. :cute:

oh that's different. I thought you meant you hadn't even ever seen him up close. I've never really talked to him. The most I could say was "can I get a picture with you..." But I've gotten to see that beautiful smile up close a handful of times and that's good enough for me. I don't know what I'd say to him anyways. I did say a little something to Bono the last time I was able to meet him. But otherwise I haven't had any interaction with either Bono or Edge.

swandiver said:

That was me. ;-) And tickets for Detroit have been selling for ridiculously low prices (2 went for $66, 4 for close to $200) .... it'd be a 350 mile drive for us .... But I get to do Tampa with my daughter, section right by the Edge side of the stage. I can't wait.:yes:

I've been looking for better Tampa seats. I had them, but when I first went on ticketmaster.com and went to finalize the order, the site froze up and I lost them. My sister and I ended up with seats about as far away as you can get, 300 something way in the back :lol:. I just want better because it's the only show we're going to together :(, but I'm happy that we even have seats. The Tampa tickets are going for outrageous prices now :madspit:

kellyahern said:

I've been looking for better Tampa seats. I had them, but when I first went on ticketmaster.com and went to finalize the order, the site froze up and I lost them. My sister and I ended up with seats about as far away as you can get, 300 something way in the back :lol:. I just want better because it's the only show we're going to together :(, but I'm happy that we even have seats. The Tampa tickets are going for outrageous prices now :madspit:

I got mine via the fan club early-bird special, thanks to our dear Lawrence. Big $$ seats came up and I only hesitated a split second before hitting the "Purchase" button. :lol: This will be my daughter's first concert. I've sat behind the stage twice (Elevation and this tour). I don't think she knows what she's in for. I keep watching Ebay for Tampa in case something shakes loose. My DH will probably drive us down from Orlando and then have to find something to do with himself. I *am* going early and standing outside with the hopes of seeing them eye to eye. That's all I want for Christmas. :drool:

u2bonogirl said:
another WOWY girl last night, she got picked from the tip of the catwalk.
Another relatively uneventful dance. She got up, stood there while he held her and then he said goodbye.

:lol:

Well some people might not feel as comfortable in the spotlight as some of the gals here are. :wink:

I just watched the video of Alli and I can't believe how she kept herself in check....there were so many opportunities to be :evil:
I don't know if I would be able to show so much restraint but thank g_d I'll never have to face that dilemma!

I'm so excited about Vegas I can't wait to flirt with Adam :drool:

The last time I threw Adam a kiss he winked and :) back at me :combust:

All I ever got from Bono was hand holding, a kiss on the cheek, a shushing gesture and he hissed at me :combust:

But that's it!

:mad:

:wink:

Last edited:
swandiver said:

I *am* going early and standing outside with the hopes of seeing them eye to eye. That's all I want for Christmas. :drool:

No fair Swandiver!!! Please take me with you, please, please, please.

Mrs. Edge said:
Hey girls! I just got an email from my friend John in England who was in NY for two shows. He took the most GORGEOUS pics, including pics of Jilly Mullen and U2forlife that you will no doubt enjoy. :yes:

http://livephotos.homestead.com/u207-10-05.html

http://livephotos.homestead.com/u208-10-05.html

omg, there are GREAT shots of the blonde WOWY girl from the 7th! i sincerely hope she- or one of her friends- reads PLEBA! the one where she's just resting her head against bono's chest, has her eyes closed, and is smiling is just too :cute:

thanks for posting them, mrs. edge!

oh there was another girl up on the 7th?! *goes to add pictures to site*

really amazing photos..i sooo wanna be in the states now :(

Kite was pulled up in Philly with the Zootopian banner I do believe...

And our dancing girl, Miroslava, had her name said by Bono at Pittsburgh show 10/22. I don't have any further details yet...

there's a lot over at zootopia. But the Make Poverty history banner is pegged at number one or 2... They got it up onstage at Philly, Bono brought one of the zootopians up who was holding the sign down by the rail. They held it on the stage. There should be pics there, or definitely on flickr, maybe somewhere in Pleba, who knows anymore, LOL. I can't keep up with where everything should go...

Theres pics there but not here. Or rather I didnt really look here. lol

The weird thing is I thought you responded to this thread 5 minutes ago. I heard a beep like an incoming email but there wasn't one there. I thought it was you, but it wasn't, and now you've posted :shifty: :crazy:

Lila64 said:
Kite was pulled up in Philly with the Zootopian banner I do believe...

And our dancing girl, Miroslava, had her name said by Bono at Pittsburgh show 10/22. I don't have any further details yet...

Anyone have details on why Bono mentioned Miro's name? Was she at the show? Did she have a sign up?

ok...nevermind:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom