Ali pics part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
b75ffa3e.jpg

754f814a.jpg

Emilie, do you need webspace? I recently purchased two domains and will never need all of the space (2 GB each). I can give you access to one of mine if you guys need a place to setup a better Ali website. PM me if you want help, k?

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Emilie, do you need webspace? I recently purchased two domains and will never need all of the space (2 GB each). I can give you access to one of mine if you guys need a place to setup a better Ali website. PM me if you want help, k?

Hi Lies! :wave:

Kelly, Mrs Springsteen and myself are setting up a new Ali website and are still trying to get a proper place to host the site. MAybe you could help us with it? We would be forever in debt! :D

Please email us at bonomaniac@hotmail.com or Kel4876@aol.com

Thanks a bunch! :D

Niamh_Saoirse said:

Hi Lies! :wave:

Kelly, Mrs Springsteen and myself are setting up a new Ali website and are still trying to get a proper place to host the site. MAybe you could help us with it? We would be forever in debt! :D

Please email us at bonomaniac@hotmail.com or Kel4876@aol.com

Thanks a bunch! :D

Flavia et al,

I'd love to help. I don't have much time to actually create a site (I'm working on a HUGE project right now and am also going to Africa for a month), but I can offer you space on my domain for free as long as you guys can make the site. The domain I use for personal stuff is www.dutchbingo.net. I guess it would be cool to have like www.alihewson.net or something, but I don't have enough $$ to purchase another right now. However, I could make a folder on my domain for you guys so you could have www.dutchbingo.net/alihewson/ or something like that. I get 2GB of space total and I'll never even use half of that so you could have picture galleries and even some audio files and stuff like that. And of course, there would be no ads or anything like that required.

Emilie, Kelly, and Flavia:

I sent Kelly a PM b/c I've given you guys 1 GB (~1000MB) space on the domain www.dutchbingo.net/alihewson

Kelly has the login information.

I've uploaded an index page that just says "Coming Soon! The Ali Hewson Unofficial Fansite".

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Emilie, Kelly, and Flavia:

I sent Kelly a PM b/c I've given you guys 1 GB (~1000MB) space on the domain www.dutchbingo.net/alihewson

Kelly has the login information.

I've uploaded an index page that just says "Coming Soon! The Ali Hewson Unofficial Fansite".

You rule, girl! :hyper:

Thank you so much for helping us with this! We really really appreciate it. It is very kind of you! :hug:

I'll ask Kelly to forward Regina and me the info you sent her. :D

Sounds good. I wasn't sure who all was involved so Kelly is the only person I sent stuff to. Maybe we should start a new thread about the site so there's a central place to communicate? Then if there's a problem or I need to get you guys information, we won't have to play e-mail tag.

Ali launches own fair trade clothing brand

LARISSA NOLAN

ALI HEWSON, Bono's wife, is set to take over the world of fashion with her own socially conscious clothing range.

Renowned charity worker Ali will launch the Edin brand early next year. All pieces in the collection will be organically made by fair trade workers.

The patron of the Chernobyl Children's Project (CCP) has been working discreetly on the fashion line, which she hopes will be on sale in America as early as February 2005.

An internationally famous male designer has been recruited, although his name will not be released until a later stage.

She plans to launch the brand in Ireland shortly after it gets off the ground in the US, and has reportedly already been in talks with Brown Thomas head Galen Weston about stocking it.

A spokesperson for Brown Thomas said: "We have not seen the clothes yet, but we are excited about the project.

"We look forward to seeing the collection with a view to stocking it in Brown Thomas."

The Edin brand will be mostly made up of casual wear in styles that are at the cutting edge of fashion. Jeans, tops and jackets will make up a good proportion of the collection.

Some of the collection has already been manufactured and is ready to wear. Ali herself wore a pair of Edin jeans when she attended Nell McCafferty's book launch in the Shelbourne Hotel last Tuesday.

The slim brunette, 43, was the perfect model to debut the jeans, which were a black, tight-fitting boot-cut pair.

Ali told a friend: "I'm celebrating the start-up of the fashion line. These jeans are just as nice as any designer pair of jeans, and yet there is the added bonus of knowing that they are fair trade. And there's a whole collection to choose from."

Those close to Ali say she set up the brand to help drive sweatshops out of fashion. The promotion of fair trade is something about which she and Bono, her husband of 22 years, are both very passionate.

Bono hinted at her plans in an interview earlier this year, when he said: "Right now she's looking at a new way of doing business in apparel. It may be one of the biggest brands in the next few years, so watch out."

The fair trade method of business is supported by a number of high-profile celebrities, including Coldplay's Chris Martin and his actress wife Gwyneth Paltrow.

It involves using practices in which people in the Third World are paid properly and receive health insurance.

Money raised from Ali's Edin brand will go back to the fair trade workers who made the clothes. If profit margins allow, some of the money made will also go to the Chernobyl Children's Project, which was founded by Ali's close friend and fellow charity worker Adi Roche.

Ali's brand is an independent venture and is not linked to either the UK Fairtrade company, which produces fairly traded edible goods, or the CCP.

Ali is no stranger to charity fashion projects, having been a key player in the Brown Thomas international fashion shows, where she raised hundreds of thousands of euro for charity.

Despite being married to the world's biggest rock star, Ali has kept a low profile since her marriage to Bono in 1982. She spends most of her time looking after their four children and focusing on her charity work.

Wonderful article on Ali - :applaud:

I wonder what stores will carry the Edun(Edin?) brand of clothing.

I wish there was a website for Ali's fair trade clothing venture that could link us up with where we can purchase her clothing line.

Great woman, great idea. :hug:

ALL THE BEST TO ALI (and family).

Ok, I'm not sure whether these pics have been posted before or not. They probably have been posted, but I can't really remember.

I'll post them again just in case. Sorry about the repeat! :D

chernobyl_pic2.jpg

BonoMichael.jpg

alikidccp.gif

Ali-Bonohotel.jpg

AliCCP.jpg

Alicloseup.jpg

Absolutely wonderful pics of Ali and the work of CCP-International!:wink:

Thanks so much for posting them here. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back