U2 3d!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She might prefer this one, though

ANNIE.jpg

:wink:

Met Bruce at Ben Franks for lunch (dinner?) and a good catch up. From there we headed to Universal City to see a demo of some 3D IMAX test footage of U2 which was shot on the last leg of the tour. This followed by drinks and nosh with the IMAX team in the bar next door where, completely by coincidence, we ran into Frederic Opsomer, the Belgian L.E.D. wizz, builder of the PopMart and Vertigo video screens. Who just happened to be in town. And in that bar. (Of all the gin joints in all the world etc… looks like this could be one of those tours.)

found the above in Willies Diary on U2.com

Can we please keep the half naked chicks out of this thread and into the thread where they belong please. Thanks.

From U2.com about the Mexico City shows:

The cameras were on stage tonight, second show in succession, and the band were using them more, playing with them, reacting to them. Something interesting is going on...but our lips are sealed, we'll bring you more on this in the coming days.

Looks like there's really something going one :D

OpperGoeroe said:
Looks like there's really something going one :D

Something's going on, yes. And that something is yet another U2.com mistake. :wink:

we don't have imax here in UK well least i don't think so! but i also hear that the are filming it in HD for all the new HD ready TV's which should be cool!

I'm really curious about what they wan't with that IMAX film at all!

There aren't that many IMAX theaters in Holland either... A cinema releas?

from @u2:

NEW @U2 U2 IN 3D, HOLD THE GOGGLES
February 20, 2006
posted by: m2
If you've been following along with Willie Williams' diary on U2.com, you've seen a half-dozen hints about film shoots, 3D, and other mysterious things that will apparently end when "we go in for the kill in Buenos Aires," as Willie put it.

Say what?

Apparently, U2 is doing the Buenos Aires concerts on March 1st and 2nd as a 3D HD (three-dimensional high definition) film shoot, with plans to produce an IMAX film. According to Definition Magazine, they're using gear provided by Pace Technologies, which has Titanic, The Abyss, and several other Hollywood blockbusters on its portfolio. Also involved in the production is 3ality, a company which specializes in 3D viewing ... get this ... that doesn't require any special eyewear. Freakin' cool!

Word is that all of the shows so far on the 4th leg are testing grounds for the cameras/technology, and that the Buenos Aires shows will be shot with nine (9) 3DHD cameras & crews.

kellyahern said:
Also involved in the production is 3ality, a company which specializes in 3D viewing ... get this ... that doesn't require any special eyewear. Freakin' cool!

:faint: Now THIS I've got to see! If that really works, then hopefully when it comes out on dvd (as most IMAX films do), you can still watch in 3D at home....:combust:

kellyahern said:
from @u2:

NEW @U2 U2 IN 3D, HOLD THE GOGGLES
February 20, 2006
posted by: m2
If you've been following along with Willie Williams' diary on U2.com, you've seen a half-dozen hints about film shoots, 3D, and other mysterious things that will apparently end when "we go in for the kill in Buenos Aires," as Willie put it.

Say what?

Apparently, U2 is doing the Buenos Aires concerts on March 1st and 2nd as a 3D HD (three-dimensional high definition) film shoot, with plans to produce an IMAX film. According to Definition Magazine, they're using gear provided by Pace Technologies, which has Titanic, The Abyss, and several other Hollywood blockbusters on its portfolio. Also involved in the production is 3ality, a company which specializes in 3D viewing ... get this ... that doesn't require any special eyewear. Freakin' cool!

Word is that all of the shows so far on the 4th leg are testing grounds for the cameras/technology, and that the Buenos Aires shows will be shot with nine (9) 3DHD cameras & crews.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease take away Hamish's passport prior to the day of shooting..... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease....

time to start saving up for that 70" HiDef tv...

I read the part about not needing goggles, but imagine some Bono 3D shades packed with the dvd!

THIS is what I like to hear! It's great when I hear about U2 completely welcoming technology - it shows that they're moving on, not staying in the past... forging a new direction (that others will most likely follow) with their music and its audience. I can't wait to see what comes of this :drool:

...Also, perhaps with the band getting involved with all this state-of-the-art tech., something very INTERESTING might come out in their next album :ohmy:

Too bad that it's a Vertigo show though... Just imagine what this footage would be like of Zoo-TV or Popmart (or even Elevation)...

Back
Top Bottom