Switchfoot Opening for U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope..
:drool:

I guess im near the only one who likes Switchfoot?
I liked them in the early days with Legend of the Chin & such

I'd highly doubt they'd open for U2 as they are realesing a new album this fall & going on tour.

Last edited:
Zoomerang96 said:

what an incredibly assanine thing to say.

look at what idiotic quotes bono threw around has done.

please don't say that again, for my sake any everyone elses.

Dude, CHILL out...

I was at a friend's house the other night and she wanted to put on some music...I had a choice between Fallout Boy, Taking Back Sunday, and Switchfoot.:crack:

I chose Switchfoot cos I thought they might be the least repulsive. I was probably right, but not by much. To be polite, I immensely dislike this band.

i saw Switchfoot at the Electric Factory, and they had 3 shitty opening bands, and i don't know how anyone managed to stay until they came on. but when they did it was well worth it. they're a great band. much better than crap bands like those being mentioned. that being said the killers would be great as well. but from the other ones mentioned...... i'd easily take switchfoot.

Zoocoustic said:

Dude, CHILL out...

if people wouldn't make such absurd comments, and be completely genuine while saying them, i wouldn't say anything.

but come on...you're not gonna tell me that what was said, wasn't completely ridiculous?

Zoomerang96 said:

if people wouldn't make such absurd comments, and be completely genuine while saying them, i wouldn't say anything.

but come on...you're not gonna tell me that what was said, wasn't completely ridiculous?

I find this post to be much more ridiculous than the other one. You seem so "ingenuine" in this comment. How does one measure the "genuineness" of a comment on a message board?

OffAxis said:

I find this post to be much more ridiculous than the other one. You seem so "ingenuine" in this comment. How does one measure the "genuineness" of a comment on a message board?

"they wait for God to enter the room"

there is no excuse for ever saying anything so cringeworthy, ESPECIALLY if you weren't the one who originally came up it.

is it sacrilig? i don't know, but it probably should be - it's that bad.

anyway, enough with that.

Last edited:
while i don't particularly care for them, when it comes to middle of the road, mainstream rock, there's a lot of bands that are worse.

like lifehouse.

plus, they don't really look like rock "stars". i'll give them credit for not really trying to be anything than they're not.

even if i don't particularly care for them.

yes i agree zoomerang. lifehouse is much worse. so is hootie and the blowfish. i just don't understand switchfoot. when i take a look at them and listen to their songs, i don't see what they are getting at other than trying to be famous on the christian market. they are not ready for regular rock bigtime. if they are not careful they will lose what audience they seem to have.

Call me crazy, but they remind me alot of Collective Soul. The guitars are really clean, crisp sounding. I can understand why they're popular, but other than being Christians I don't see how they would fit with U2. I'd take them over Kings of Leon, but would prefer basically any of the 2nd leg openers.

learn2kneel said:
Call me crazy, but they remind me alot of Collective Soul. The guitars are really clean, crisp sounding. I can understand why they're popular, but other than being Christians I don't see how they would fit with U2. I'd take them over Kings of Leon, but would prefer basically any of the 2nd leg openers.

I'd take Switchfoot over dross like the Killers.

here is my 2 cents... I would love to see Switchfoot open for U2!! They are a great band. I have been following Switchfoot for awhile now, even back when they were pretty much a no name straight forward Christian band. They started going main stream when they did some soundtrack work in A Walk to Remember.. then they released Beautiful Letdown... songs like "Something More" hit MTV... they are releasing a new album in the fall i believe. Anyway, Switchfoot still hits the Christian Festivals but are making their mark in the more mainstream industry. I would love to see them, they are solid! I think it also fits into U2's take on thisng... Switchfoot is into God, but not terribly evangelistic, I think it works

Bono's Shades... yes they did "Dare you To Move" but don't let that turn you off, they have some harder stuff for sure.

well... kings of leon just killed my ears when i listened to them... nobody, switchfoot included could be as bad as them. but i will say this, i think that i would love to see the killers or snow patrol open. i don't really care, because i can always just go in late if its someone that sucks, but i would like to have a decent opening band for this leg. i think that switchfoot would surprise alot of you. i saw them a long time ago, at a school auditorium ironically, and they were the only band that i could stand.

this can not be true. switchfoot? i can not stand even thinking about it. switchfoot are unbearrable. this is a sick joke :barf: :yuck: i hope it is atleast.

excuse my harshness. no wait, don't! :yuck: i mean every word.

U2 should employ the same tactic as the Stones - have really big popular bands like Pearl Jam and Metallica be willing to open for you for the honor...

They do not do that.

Instead they hire the Kings of Leon.

kings of leon get dissed alot here and i will admit that their live sound isn't that great but has anyone heard there recorded stuff?
i like their records alot. esp the song Slow Night So Long. thats my opinion about KOL. :ohmy: now i will run away.

zooperson said:
kings of leon get dissed alot here and i will admit that their live sound isn't that great but has anyone heard there recorded stuff?
i like their records alot. esp the song Slow Night So Long. thats my opinion about KOL. :ohmy: now i will run away.

So, I'll go out on a limb and say I do like that song that was in the car ad. And the other day, I was shopping and heard this song and thought, "this is so vaguely familiar...". Then I remember it was on of the KOL songs they played in Chicago. I liked the recorded version. But they really were shit live, I mean, they just stood there and did their songs, most of the time w/ their eyes closed, and that was it. Nothing special.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

So, I'll go out on a limb and say I do like that song that was in the car ad. And the other day, I was shopping and heard this song and thought, "this is so vaguely familiar...". Then I remember it was on of the KOL songs they played in Chicago. I liked the recorded version. But they really were shit live, I mean, they just stood there and did their songs, most of the time w/ their eyes closed, and that was it. Nothing special.

That's probably because they were playing an arena, something that takes a lot of getting used to. Some bands are much better when in a club or theater atmosphere, especially newer bands and especially bands who are opening; remember, KOL had no props or screens to really utilize their performance and they were playing to a crowd who could care less about them

Back
Top Bottom