Some perspective regarding tour dates...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2wedge

New Yorker
It's amazing for me to think that there is snow on the ground where I live right now, and there will be a spring/summer/fall, before U2 comes back around to this part of the country.

Some people will be seeing U2 next week, and I won't be seeing them until next December. That seems like some sort of cruel, twisted game someone is playing.

u2wedge said:
It's amazing for me to think that there is snow on the ground where I live right now, and there will be a spring/summer/fall, before U2 comes back around to this part of the country.

Some people will be seeing U2 next week, and I won't be seeing them until next December. That seems like some sort of cruel, twisted game someone is playing.

Boohoo. At least your hemisphere's seeing them.

Really, you want perspective for tour dates? Be Australian. U2 hasn't been here in seven years. Be Kiwi. U2 hasn't been to New Zealand in twelve years. Be South American, a continent U2 has only visited once. Be Finnish, a nation that has only seen U2 in 1982 and 1997. Be South African, a country U2 only played twice in 1998. Be Russian, a country U2 has never played. Be from mainland Asia, a WHOLE CONTINENT U2 has never played (unless you count the lone show in Tel Aviv).

So your U2 concert isn't until December. At least you have a bloody concert! At least you don't have to travel halfway across the world at massive expense to see your favourite band, like I'm doing. And I'm one of the lucky ones from this hemisphere who CAN travel. Be grateful for what you've got, and don't expect any bloody sympathy from me.

Axver again we feel for you. I will make sure I buy my tickets for Australia, ONLY after you have gotten your fill. You're coming stateside then aren't ya?

Axver said:
Really, you want perspective for tour dates? Be Australian. U2 hasn't been here in seven years. Be Kiwi. U2 hasn't been to New Zealand in twelve years. Be South American, a continent U2 has only visited once. Be Finnish, a nation that has only seen U2 in 1982 and 1997. Be South African, a country U2 only played twice in 1998. Be Russian, a country U2 has never played. Be from mainland Asia, a WHOLE CONTINENT U2 has never played (unless you count the lone show in Tel Aviv).

So your U2 concert isn't until December. At least you have a bloody concert! At least you don't have to travel halfway across the world at massive expense to see your favourite band, like I'm doing. And I'm one of the lucky ones from this hemisphere who CAN travel. Be grateful for what you've got, and don't expect any bloody sympathy from me.

I wasn't gloating, fyi. But I can appreciate your rant as I've been in that situation too. (1987-1992-2001-2005) Several years between shows can be a tough wait for sure.

cmb737 said:
Axver again we feel for you. I will make sure I buy my tickets for Australia, ONLY after you have gotten your fill. You're coming stateside then aren't ya?

I'm coming over for the three Boston first leg shows and can't wait. I've been saving up for two years just because I know I shouldn't push my luck and expect U2 to come down here. At least I'm now in Australia, which will get shows if they come down here - if I were still in New Zealand, I wouldn't be expecting a thing.

And I'm sure that at least in this country, if they play stadiums, there will be plenty of tickets for everyone! Good grief, I hope the ticket sales here aren't the pandemoneum they were in the US and Europe - the online system will likely explode.

u2wedge said:

I wasn't gloating, fyi. But I can appreciate your rant as I've been in that situation too. (1987-1992-2001-2005) Several years between shows can be a tough wait for sure.

I apologise if I came off as insulting. It's just that when your whole hemisphere is missing out on U2 AGAIN, you start to become aggravated whenever people in the US talk about how they have to wait until December or demand a second show in their city and whatnot. I mean, you guys get two whole legs of a tour while those of us down here get bugger-all.

Damn, why was I only two when Lovetown came?

Axver said:
Be Russian, a country U2 has never played.

Yep! Here I am - travelling as far as Nice, France to see them this time. Not the closest city where there will be a gig, but hey, having Cote d'Azour beaches is a nice addition, isn't it? ;)

Funny thing about Moscow: we had Rolling Stones, Elton John, Paul McCartney (on the Red-f@#$ing-Square), not to mention Garbage, The Offspring, Depeche Mode (ok, it was in St. Petersburg), Prodigy, Bjork, Massive Attack, Moby, Metallica, Rammstein, Marilyn Manson, Whitney Wouston, The Cardigans, Pink, Robby Williams, RZA, Public Enemy, Future Sounds of London, Fatboy Slim, Paul Oakenfold, Benny Benassi, Tiesto, you name it, BUT NO U2...

I'm not coplaining - I like to travel around, but I do agree that U2's touring preferences are somewhat.... strange sometimes.

Axver, I can't wait until you see them in Boston and then come back with your report - you will be a changed man !

I have to travel all of 3 miles on a bus for the nearest u2 show but......the "biggest" band in the world, should tour the world.

Back
Top Bottom