Santiago Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:
Soundchecks/rehearsals. :drool:

I need more of those.

Me too...I've got these:

1983-03-14 London Soundcheck
1983-05-22 Minneapolis Soundcheck
1984-08-31 Wellington Soundcheck
1987-11-07 Denver Soundcheck
1989-10-07 Melbourne Soundcheck
1992-02-27 Lakeland Rehearsals
1992-04-12 Los Angeles Soundcheck
1992-04-23 Vancouver Soundcheck
1992-08-06 Hershey - The Hershey Tapes
1992-08-18 Saratogo Soundcheck
1992-08-20 Foxboro Soundcheck
1992-08-22 Foxboro Soundcheck
1992-10-18 Kansas City Soundcheck
1997-04-24 Las Vegas Rehearsals
1997-06-12 Winnipeg Soundcheck
1997 Popmart Soundchecks
2001-03-16 Miami - In The Shade Of A Willow Tree SBD
2001-03-22 Miami - Elevation Rehearsals SBD

But I think I've got some other '89 stuff as bonus on a couple of boots, need to do some research and figure the dates (you know how hard it is to research soundcheck dates, with of course no setlists to reference?)

Hmm...I may have something setlist wise...give me a minute to listen more, could be an old show.

Edit: It is Chicago. :(

So anyway I missed it...how did you guys feel when "Desire" showed up? And the "Love Rescue Me" snippet?

i'm looking forward to hear please and mothers of the disappeared...

but above all to have setlist updates!!!

CTU2fan said:

Me too...I've got these:

1983-03-14 London Soundcheck
1983-05-22 Minneapolis Soundcheck
1984-08-31 Wellington Soundcheck
1987-11-07 Denver Soundcheck
1989-10-07 Melbourne Soundcheck
1992-02-27 Lakeland Rehearsals
1992-04-12 Los Angeles Soundcheck
1992-04-23 Vancouver Soundcheck
1992-08-06 Hershey - The Hershey Tapes
1992-08-18 Saratogo Soundcheck
1992-08-20 Foxboro Soundcheck
1992-08-22 Foxboro Soundcheck
1992-10-18 Kansas City Soundcheck
1997-04-24 Las Vegas Rehearsals
1997-06-12 Winnipeg Soundcheck
1997 Popmart Soundchecks
2001-03-16 Miami - In The Shade Of A Willow Tree SBD
2001-03-22 Miami - Elevation Rehearsals SBD

But I think I've got some other '89 stuff as bonus on a couple of boots, need to do some research and figure the dates (you know how hard it is to research soundcheck dates, with of course no setlists to reference?)

Nice list there ... nothing I didn't know existed, though I don't have much of it. And regarding your last comment, that is part of my motivation in setting up the soundcheck category on U2VT. I just wish I knew more soundchecks. Only a few gigs have soundchecks listed at the moment. Hopefully I'll overhear the Aussie soundchecks so I can list them.

DignityPassesBy said:
Alright i'm back and in about 20mins we and by we i mean i will have pizza

You aren’t going to share?

(what did you end up getting, I might not want any anyways?)

DignityPassesBy said:
I like desire it thinks it one of the coolest live songs and the crowd always get into it

I wish they wouldn't do it acoustic though. The full electric Lovetown version with the shredding solo is to die for.

My sources say they're playing their entire new album they secretly recorded. :combust:

and hello to all those coming in, or already in. :wave:

Axver said:

Nice list there ... nothing I didn't know existed, though I don't have much of it. And regarding your last comment, that is part of my motivation in setting up the soundcheck category on U2VT. I just wish I knew more soundchecks. Only a few gigs have soundchecks listed at the moment. Hopefully I'll overhear the Aussie soundchecks so I can list them.

Well I can vouch for NYD, Vertigo, and WGRYWH at Croke 1, because I was there :)

What we need is that Murfreesboro '87 soundcheck...

CTU2fan said:
So anyway I missed it...how did you guys feel when "Desire" showed up? And the "Love Rescue Me" snippet?

Desire was a pretty cool inclusion, though it's a shame it wasn't full electric. And the Love Rescue Me snippet really shocked me!

I wonder if U2 really are planning on pulling out RAH material down here. RAH is U2's best selling album in Australia. I'm only predicting AIWIY at this stage, but it'd be cool if we got more.

The world needs God Part II. And Heartland, damnit!

CTU2fan said:

Well I can vouch for NYD, Vertigo, and WGRYWH at Croke 1, because I was there :)

What we need is that Murfreesboro '87 soundcheck...

Oooh, NYD? We've got WGRYWH and Vertigo listed already, but not NYD. Well, it's there now. :wink:

And oh man, that Murfreesboro soundcheck would be incredible. :drool:

(I still find it hilarious that they played MURFREESBORO of all places.)

Axver said:

Desire was a pretty cool inclusion, though it's a shame it wasn't full electric. And the Love Rescue Me snippet really shocked me!

I wonder if U2 really are planning on pulling out RAH material down here. RAH is U2's best selling album in Australia. I'm only predicting AIWIY at this stage, but it'd be cool if we got more.

The world needs God Part II. And Heartland, damnit!

Is it really? Bunch of smarties, those Aussies :) Not a R&H track, but I'm hoping for One Tree Hill.

Bacon cheeseburger pizza is cool, I like chicken&bacon a lot.

ponee said:

have they ever played heartland?? Maybe lovetown??

It was snippeted ONCE during the intro of Streets, on Lovetown at the Melbourne gig on 1989-10-13.

Axver said:

Oooh, NYD? We've got WGRYWH and Vertigo listed already, but not NYD. Well, it's there now. :wink:

And oh man, that Murfreesboro soundcheck would be incredible. :drool:

(I still find it hilarious that they played MURFREESBORO of all places.)

I know huh, Murfreesboro...and the only known RHMT to boot?

Yep, NYD was earlier, as I heard it walking up toward Croke. Wild Horses and Vert were while I was in line...not sure if they checked anything else, I could ask Miroslava; I think she got there quite earlier than I did.

Not only those, but Hawkmoon live seriously kicks ass

CTU2fan said:

Is it really? Bunch of smarties, those Aussies :) Not a R&H track, but I'm hoping for One Tree Hill.

Well, who's shocked considering Lovetown. :wink:

I think that how U2 do Mothers, if at all, in Chile and Argentina, might be a sign of whether or not New Zealand will get One Tree Hill. I say 'might' because they do have two weeks between Buenos Aires and Auckland.

And I'll keep saying that Australia needs Van Diemen's Land! I can't believe it wasn't done here on either ZooTV or Popmart.

Back
Top Bottom