Saitama II Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wake Up
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Until The End Of The World
New Year´s Day
Beautiful Day (Blackbird-Snippet)
Angel Of Harlem

kennerado said:
The mother of all snippets: Heartland at the beginning of Streets at a Lovetown show.

YES. YOU WIN.

Have a silver and gold trophy.

mrmcphisto77 said:
Wake Up
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
New Year´s Day
Angel Of Harlem

Ooh, AOH. I wonder where WITS will fall tonight? If it isn't done after AOH, I think we'll be waiting until the second encore ...

Does any other band attract such attention over its snippets? I know PJ fans follow Ed's snippets, which usually come at the end of Daughter (and have included some U2), but I don't know if they take as much interest in it?

Wake Up
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
New Year´s Day
Angel Of Harlem
First Time (Bono, Edge)

Axver said:

I wonder where WITS will fall tonight?
maybe as closer.........but I'm not sure they're play it tonight

yesterday it was not so great........I think it needs more rehersal but, whit 2 date at the end there's no time

Woohoo, just as I hoped, The First Time gets some love!

bgmckinney said:
Does any other band attract such attention over its snippets? I know PJ fans follow Ed's snippets, which usually come at the end of Daughter (and have included some U2), but I don't know if they take as much interest in it?

Certainly none of the other bands I follow have even remotely as many snippets.

bono_man2002 said:
Whoa, What is Bono Snippeting during Bad at the Zoo TV gent show?....It sounds kinda cool. Probably just random mumbling.

I'm trying to find the Girls just wanna have fun snippet but I can't hear it in Angel of Harlem.

Axver, are you sure it was in Gent??

Axver said:
Heh, wouldn't shock me. Though there's some stuff from bootlegs later in that month that took me damn forever to decipher. It turns out he was throwing some poetry into Love Is Blindness.

So how do you translate Bono-mumblese into English?

Oh yeah, the setlist. I love I Will Follow, it rocks hard, but I'm afraid I have to give my vote to UTEOTW, if there can be only one. So much Edgy goodness....

bgmckinney said:
Actually come to think of it I might be able to answer my own question by asking if there are any bands that do snippets in the same way that Bono does...

I know some Dream Theater concerts can come close in a way, but that's when another drummer joins Mike Portnoy and they snippet famous drum passages at each other.

greety said:

I'm trying to find the Girls just wanna have fun snippet but I can't hear it in Angel of Harlem.

Axver, are you sure it was in Gent??

Yes, it was at Gent. As Daniel said, it's after TTTYAATW. If I remember correctly, it's pretty much between the two songs. I did have a rationale for why I put it at the start of AOH but I forget now! :lol:

Alisaura said:

So how do you translate Bono-mumblese into English?

With great difficulty! I often try to pick out a few clear words and put them into Google. I don't remember how I solved this one though - Bono was snippeting Yeats's He Wishes For The Cloths Of Heaven and nothing I could make out was giving me results on Google. I think I just stumbled across it quite by accident one day and compared it with the recording and it turned out to be right - once I had the lines in front of me, it became more clear what Bono was getting at.

Wake Up
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
New Year´s Day
Beautiful Day (u.a. Blackbird-Snippet)
Angel Of Harlem
The First Time (Bono, Edge)
Sometimes You Can´t Make It On Your Own
One Tree Hill

source: http://www.u2tour.de

helllo everyone.....what are we up to ...discussing weather, cricket, snippets...i'm kinda lost with the speed of the pages.
Are we onto a set list yet???

adrball said:
me feeling that First Time in Melbourne was an unplanned moment following Edge's elec. problems.

But good to see it in.

I think it was somewhat planned - from Willie Williams' diary, I got the impression that U2 did it based upon his suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom