Portland Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VintagePunk said:

My daughter is interested in creative writing programs. Maybe sometime I could PM you for suggestions for schools she could look at?

Sure thing. I know way more about the application process than I ever wanted to. :)

I'm going to be out of town for about a month starting Wednesday, so if I don't get back to you for awhile, it's just because I'm nowhere near a computer. Someday my parents will climb out of the Stone Age and get an internet-capable computer (instead of the one they had since I was in high school)

catlhere said:

Bono/Kanye:

-cocky and egotistical sometimes
-strong convictions
-political views
-musical talent
-lyrical ability
-great showmen

I don't really know how the actual music fits together. But those two seem like they have alot in common.

Kanye needs The Edge.

NOOO!! I missed so much. :sad:

Here I thought I had plenty of time, but you people were thinking partay for real!

Oh well...

Miringeltje said:
Hurray!!!

Woohoo!!!

I'm here.
And wow, we're already at part II.

Hello, hello.

Everyone, everyone.

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Ready to PARTAY!

Hello to you! :wave:
-puts party hat on her-
Enjoy the show!

And OMGWTFLOLBBQ this site is a little slow for me at the moment. :(

VintagePunk said:

:lol: Your knowledge is very impressive. Most people your age wouldn't have a clue who Marvin Gaye is, unfortunately.

and that's the sad thing about today's generation

OmG OmArIoN tOtAlLy pwns ThAt GaY MaRvIn dude!!!!one111eleven!!!

U2FloridaFan said:
I still don't know where this idea came from to have him open for U2:confused: :confused:

I actually like it. "It" includes Kanye's music and also includes the departure that he represents from the usual subpar openers that U2's had in the past. We'd love to have the Killers (sorry Axver!) or Franz Ferdinand (lucky Argentians!) opening every show, but we don't. Kanye's different, and quite frankly, he's been recognized for his music in a way that most of the other supporting acts have never and will never be.

Canadiens1160 said:
Have you visited this website before? http://www.classiccat.net/ Wonderful free resource of classical recordings, I've found many gems on there and it's a good way to sample different composers before you go out and buy :thumbsup:

Thank you! I've never seen that site before. :up: I dare everyone to go sample Schoenberg. :wink:

EDIT: Aw, they don't have Pierrot Lunaire! :sad:

catlhere said:

Bono/Kanye:

-strong convictions
-political views
-musical talent
-lyrical ability
-great showmen

I don't really know how the actual music fits together. But those two seem like they have alot in common.

I still think there were much better choices.

catlhere said:

Bono/Kanye:

-strong convictions
-political views
-musical talent
-lyrical ability
-great showmen

difference is by the time we are all attending the next U2 world tour, Kanye West will be on an infomercial with Hammer.

wenda said:
NOOO!! I missed so much. :sad:

Here I thought I had plenty of time, but you people were thinking partay for real!

Oh well...

Wow another person I know! HELLO! :wave:
-puts party hat on wenda-
I'm running out of hats! :lol:

Enjoy the concert courtesy of Our Teh U2

BonoIsMyMuse said:

Sure thing. I know way more about the application process than I ever wanted to. :)

I'm going to be out of town for about a month starting Wednesday, so if I don't get back to you for awhile, it's just because I'm nowhere near a computer. Someday my parents will climb out of the Stone Age and get an internet-capable computer (instead of the one they had since I was in high school)

Thanks. :) There's lots of time, she's just begun to look at schools now. She has another year and a half of high school.

I'm trying to talk her into my school, but she's an elitist snob, and says no. :angry: :lol:

Hey I was planning on recording the stream and I will be but I'm just warning all that there will be abotu an hour of Kanye @ the begining because I need to sleep for finals tomorrow (therefore wont start record @ exact time). Good evening everyone and enjoy the show.

I don't really know how the actual music fits together. But those two seem like they have alot in common. [/B]
Correct that the music doesn't really fit together, but then again, Public Enemy didn't fit in 1992 and Rage Against the Machine didn't fit in 1997.

catlhere said:

Wow another person I know! HELLO! :wave:
-puts party hat on wenda-
I'm running out of hats! :lol:

Enjoy the concert courtesy of Our Teh U2

Hey!! Nice party hat. Now I feel special! Not like special bus kinda way, but you know...special...

sami0201 said:

oh crap! I know this!! :banghead:

thank you :bow:

I have a calc exam tomorrow :wink:

I have 4 tests tomorrow, and I have probably done the least amount of studying I ever have in my life. Please wish me luck! :wink: And good luck on your calc exam!

Axver, the March 15, 1981 show is always identified as being in Reseda, but Reseda is not a city. It is only an area of Los Angeles, the same way as Hollywood is not a city, only a part fo Los Angeles. An example would be St. Kilda in Melbourne, an area known by this name but clearly lying within the city boundaries of Melbourne.

i went to college with one of the guys in the arcade fire. we never hung out much, but i'm pretty sure we were drunk at the same parties quite often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom