Monterrey Setlist Watch and Party, Part I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lila64 said:

maybe you'd like some takeout?
foodpack.gif
foodpack.gif

Khan - are you having rice?
Chinese=Little pieces of fried MSG sent from God :drool:

And Kuh I bet you're having a big bowl of contempt for annoying posters that don't follow forum regulations, with a side of disgust...

oh and milk. always milk.

Axver said:

It looks right. Seriously, how painfully dumb can mm/dd/yyyy be? Middle/smallest/largest?

Utterly stupid.

I try to refrain from insulting American English, even though I despise it, because I can understand some of its origins. But mm/dd/yyyy just defies logic.

You have seriously GOT to be kidding me.

WOW. :|

Thats as bad as when someone else (who will remain nameless :wink: ) was posting the songs before you on the setlist threads on the third leg and you were getting pissed. Just pointing that out since we are on the topic of "utterly stupid".

U2dork said:
Winter Olympics

Woohoo!!

The Netherlands won their first gold medal of these Olympics today.
In speed skating of course.
Female's 3000 metres.

Yesterday the men got beaten by an American though.
That wasn't as much fun!

VintagePunk said:
Hi folks :wave:

Am I the only one who keeps humming Wake Up?

At least I'm not swaying back and forth and waving my arms in the air. Or am I? :shifty:

:lmao:

:hug:

Hey VP, U2Wedge, Kelly, and everyone else. Drea, I posted over there--SG's is killing me!

Surrender would be cool, although I Threw A Brick would be even cooler :drool:

Segue that Larry badass drum solo into SBS and we have a winner :combust:

If you shout... said:

Curious: do people in New Zealand (or Australia, to your knowledge) say, "Today is January the first," or "Today is the first of January," or something else entirely?

I've never been to another country where English was spoken, so I'm ignorant about that jazz. What I do know is that in America, people say, "Today is January the first," which is why mm/dd is the only way to do it. Again, that's culturally specific, which is why I'm asking the question. The abbreviation of mm/dd is simply natural progression, 'round these parts.

I ask seriously, my friend. This is actually something which has had me curious for ages.

People here say both, and "January the first" has no bearing on writing dates, because using an order of mm/dd/yyyy is totally illogical to people. Why mix the order up? smallest/middle/largest or largest/middle/smallest are the ways to go.

Just like old times... Axver and his semantic dissection of international date formats... ahh... it's good to be back!

Miringeltje said:

Woohoo!!

The Netherlands won their first gold medal of these Olympics today.
In speed skating of course.
Female's 3000 metres.

Yesterday the men got beaten by an American though.
That wasn't as much fun!

We (Canada) finished third...:sad: Our skater gave a great effort, especially in light of a major accident she had that almost killed her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom