MERGED-->All Ticketmaster discussion, questions, and comments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mkdominatr

Refugee
Whats wrong with ticketmaster?

Is anyone getting this: Access to our ticketing system is currently limited. Please try again at a later time. ..... that was on the main page...............Never mind its working now.....???

Last edited:
they do that all the time, and just wait until the regular onsale for U2 tickets, the pages don't even load, just sits there, and after a long time, it'll eventually load, and then it says "system too busy, too many users" and you have to start all over again.

Someday I'll be on Bono's VIP guest list, and just show up in my limo at each show.

bonoed said:

Someday I'll be on Bono's VIP guest list, and just show up in my limo at each show.

someday my band will open for u2. . . but we'll still have to buy tickets through ticketmaster for the show :lol:

Ticketmaster and scalpers working together .....is there a connection and corruption?

Look on Ebay and there are many ticket brokers with a ridiculously large number of tickets. Is there any possible way this could happen without there being an inside connection and corruption between Ticketmaster (or some people working there) and the brokers?

I can't see any other way. Where is 20/20 or 60 Minutes or the FCC or whoever is responsible for monitoring this? Not to mention that they put up a fake U2 seating plan for Continental Airlines Arena so the tickets I finally got are as far away from the stage as could be, not where they were shown on the seating plan. I was on the phone with TM for an hour moving higher and higher up the supervisor food chain until they finally decided they would refund my tix, but I would lose my code.

For now, I am keeping my crappy tix, but this is a farce, scam, etc. Someone needs to investigate TM because something very wrong is going on.

ONLY IN AMERICA (and Europe too,)

it happens in every fanclub presale as well, but this one is the worse I have ever seen, there's far too many of us didn't get anything but frustration. I have never seen so many tickets up so fast on Ebay. Some of them could be fans, but by far the greatest # of them, and on the broker web sites, are brokers who have deals with TM employees.

bonoed said:
it happens in every fanclub presale as well, but this one is the worse I have ever seen, there's far too many of us didn't get anything but frustration. I have never seen so many tickets up so fast on Ebay. Some of them could be fans, but by far the greatest # of them, and on the broker web sites, are brokers who have deals with TM employees.

Not with TM employees, they don't have the access to these tix. But, the same company that owns TM owns . . .

My experience with TicketMaster outlets in Boston is that they do a ramdom lottery at around 9:45am and then line everyone up accordingly. So, you could get there the night before and camp out or show up at 9:45 the morning of and have the same chance of getting a good spot in line.

The other thing I always see is about 1/4 to 1/3 of the people in line work for ticket scalpers. I've even seen them hire homeless people to get in line and then when they get up to the booth some sketchy looking guy comes over and gives then cash and tells them which tickets to get.

Typical TM and scalper crap really...takes a lot of fun out of it, that's for sure.

TM employees totally have a way!!! Someone I knew told me how he used to work at TM as a phone sales operator, and had a whole deal going w/his sleazy broker friend to always hook him up w/tons of tix!!!!!! So they BOTH made $$$$$ and fans got
F***ed...

This is obviously what ALWAYS happens when dealing w/TM, which is why had I known that u2.con were gonna go thru TM I wouldn't have wasted my time and money.

Melissa

Dear U2.com members,

My Interference handle is Hef4u2, and my U2.com handle is mailjeff.

I have followed the band for the last dozen years, been to all the concerts, bought the albums, and been a good fan.

I like you have helped give them the great life they tell us about.

But like you, today we were all cheated on the promises for our U2.com memberships.

This should have never happened. I know we all feel cheated and betrayed.

It is now time for us to do something as a collective, a group action. Just as Martin Luther King would advocate, power to the people.

Corporate snobs like Ticketmaster need to be stopped.

Here is our chance to do so.

We have to unite together in voice so loud that we cannot be silenced.

But we all are disconnected, in different parts of the country, different parts of the world.

However, we have the Internet to connect us all together.

The whole world hooked up to one little cable.

Five people have responded to my post ready to do something, anything.

A class action lawsuit has been mentioned, we need legal advice as to what are our rights in this case might be.

Any suggestions or opinions need to be given and turned into action.

Five needs to turn into ten, twenty, thirty, thousands of fans that were betrayed today.

My email is mailjeff@comcast.net, my handle is hef4u2

Respond back to join a petition to right this wrong.

Re: Ticketmaster and scalpers working together .....is there a connection and corruption?

TheBonofactor said:
Look on Ebay and there are many ticket brokers with a ridiculously large number of tickets.
I can't see any other way. Where is 20/20 or 60 Minutes or the FCC or whoever is responsible for monitoring this?

yes we should email the local news as they do these little programs on such things.. or get an article in the paper...from there it will start to blow up. it must start somewhere...why not with u2 fans as we all mean well and want to see a good show...

Just in case you were all wondering how the scalpers get in so quickly, there are unlisted Ticketmaster phone numbers in every city. I used to have one for New York City that worked like a charm until a friend gave it to tons of people. I used to get in in seconds and get any tickets I want. I never scalped, only sold tickets to friends for face value when I had too many. I'm sure the brokers have all the unlisted numbers.

I THOUGHT THIS WAS SUPPOSE TO BE AN INTERNET ONLY PRESALE TO U2.COM MEMBERS, WHAT ARE SCALPERS DOING WITH PHONE NUMBERS. WHAT CODES ARE THEY USING AND HOW DO THEY PURCHASE MORE THAN 2 TICKETS PER SHOW??

NONE OF THAT MAKES SENSE ROYO

It would really be easy for U2 management to find out how all those presale GA tix went to all the scalpers on ebay. Just a quck database query of TM orders and finding out w/c passwords were used to buy the tickets. Of course, U2's mgmt might already know about this practice and probably do not care one way or another.

Ticketmaster.com or Ticketmaster.ca for Saturday?

I'm going to have to giv'er a shot at the General Sale on Saturday, and I'm hoping for GA in Philadelphia.

My question, being Canadian, is this: would it make a difference if I use Ticketmaster.ca or Ticketmaster.com to purchase? I can log on to both with my account that I've created and set up with billing info, etc. to save time on purchase. But I want to make damn sure that I can get in as quickly as possible and that the site isn't going to crash on me.

I'm thinking at this point to use .ca because it's likely there will be less people on that server and it might go a little quicker. But I don't know if there are certain number of tickets released to .ca and .com or if they just both use the same general pool. I'm not going to use .ca if there are less tickets to be had.

Anybody know/have advice? I want to make damn sure that I'm getting this.

I think your easiest way is to call The Pope directly at the Vatican to ask for Divine Intervention in this matter....

because it's the highest chance you've got right now.......

SECRET:How Ticketmaster.com Works

Get from some friends. :)

---------------------------------------------------
“I’m not fast enough on Ticketmaster! All the good seats are always gone within 30 seconds.” This is a common misconception made by Ticketmaster novices. In fact, when you are ordering tickets at Ticketmaster.com, you can “get in” right away and still get bad seats. If we look at the way Ticketmaster and a lot of other ticket providers work, we can form an effective strategy for buying on Ticketmaster.

When tickets go on sale, they are not sold in order from best to worst - they actually come out in batches. Batch one will have some really good seats and some really bad seats. Ticket providers do this to create the illusion of a quick sellout and get people to buy the lower quality seats quickly. So it is true that the first people to get in get good seats. But, two-three minutes after the first batch is released, another batch comes up and wham – out come the high quality seats. Meanwhile the quick fingered-guys have to settle for their 200-level seats.

So there's a method to the madness?

What would GAs be considered in this case? They're the most coveted but they make TM the least amount of money...

When I first logged on to TM for San Diego, it offered me $163.00 tix but when I tried again, I saw GAs.....luck of the draw I guess!

You can go through ticketmaster.com but remember that you will be paying the US exchange rate for whatever tickets you get which I had to do and it is substancially higher for the lower bowl seats works out about 50 dollars more Canadian.

Well I'll be paying US currency anyways, because the show is in the States...

I think I'm going to go with .ca. I took a look around both sites and it appears that there's no option to ship tickets to Canada using .com, while there is with .ca. I'd really like to actually get my tickets so .ca it is, combined with the lighter server load hopefully it will all work to my advantage!! :D

I reckon if that is true, as many have speculated, they should have told people - They must have seen the rush coming and that may ease the pressure slightly.

edit: wait, no - i read it wrongly. Oops :ohmy:

ladywithspinninghead said:
So there's a method to the madness?

What would GAs be considered in this case? They're the most coveted but they make TM the least amount of money...

When I first logged on to TM for San Diego, it offered me $163.00 tix but when I tried again, I saw GAs.....luck of the draw I guess!

be selective:)

Absolutely true. But not only to they come in batches the day of the show, but they will keep selling tickets periodically until the show.

I said this in another post, this 'sold-out' thing is bullshit. Don't panic just yet.

Back
Top Bottom