MERGED: All Presale Problems/Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ChangeTheTemperature said:
Got my e-mail with a new code 5 minutes ago from orderhelp@FanFire.com

Was able to purchase tix for 2nd Toronto show.

Good luck to everybody

Did this come about due to phone call or email? What was the time turn around between request and response?

irishrule75 said:

Did this come about due to phone call or email? What was the time turn around between request and response?

I e-mailed them and called them so I am not sure.

Talked to fanfire around 2:45 PM EST. E-Mailed around Noon.

Received response via e-mail at 5:45 PM EST.

Hope this helps

Here's my story (excuse me while I vent):

I was able to get 2 GAs for Pittsburgh with no problem. Yay. Well, it did say that there was an error when I went to process the order, but the order was in my order history. When I went to purchase a ticket for Cleveland, it said my code was already used, etc.

I was on hold with fanfire customer service for an hour listening to the same 2 songs over and over again. I had to go to work though. I tried calling again at lunch and was on hold for over a half hour. After lunch, I decided to call at work and was on hold for over 2 hours.

I finally got someone and she couldn't find me in their computer. Due to incompetence, they had my full name as my last name which is why she couldn't find me. She found me after I gave the credit card number I used to become a member.

She tried to act intelligent and say the reason my code wasn't working was that I didn't attempt to buy both shows at exactly the same time. I told her that it was impossible to buy tickets for two shows at exactly the same time anyway and that she didn't make sense. She said that you have to use the code and pay for everything at the same time. It was pointless arguing with her and trying to explain how ticketmaster works. It infuriated me that someone who obviously didn't know what she was talking about tried to put the blame on me.

Anyway, she took my email address and said someone would look into it and couldn't tell me when it would be taken care of.

I'm still waiting for an answer.

I emailed Fanfire around 3:40pm and spoke to a Fanfire representative by 4pm (after being on hold for 1 hour). I'm still waiting for my new code or resetting my password.
I keep trying every 5 mins same freaking response: "This password has already been used to purchase tickets and is no longer valid"

The pisses me off. I haven't purchased any tickets for the first or third leg tour. All I want are 2 tickets for the Miami show. Why me, oh why me!!!!!

I started calling this morning at 10 cst. I just got off the phone with them for the second time today, for a total of 5 hours. I told them I got screwed in the first presale and the presale last week, and if I didn't get a code today that would allow me a chance for tickets during the Propaganda-only presale, I was going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. This is after spending 8.5 hours over 4 days on the phone with 5 or 6 different people, and my problem still not being solved. The supervisor said he wasn't going to sit my order down anywhere, it was going straight to the code guy. I guess we'll see where that threat gets me.

puby - the girl i spoke with told me the same thing about buying them at the exact same time - pretty dumb!

i've been on hold for about 30 minutes this time around.

never did speak to anyone today.

just hoping i can get the code initialized for tommorow.

narula said:
puby - the girl i spoke with told me the same thing about buying them at the exact same time - pretty dumb!

She said, "Oh, I know what happened...!" like she was all proud of herself for figuring this out and that it was so obvious that that was the reason. I doubt that they'll fix this in the next 3 hours.

I was just able to get 2 GAs for St. Louis, finally. This was after the 2nd call I made to Fanfire today. I got my email and new code within 20 - 25 minutes of getting off the phone with her. For those of you still waiting, all I can say is stop being nice about it. I stressed that I knew it wasn't her fault personally, but that I'd been through a lot of shit with them, and if my problem wasn't solved in time for me to get tickets today, I was calling the BBB. It worked.

Good luck, everybody.

I'm calling Fanfire again. I spoke to them 3.5 hours ago, and I've yet to have my password reset or receive an e-mail with a new password.

I want my tickets by 10PM EST tonite. It's now almost 7:30PM EST.

Finally got in (after being on hold for an hour and a half) Talked to a girl and she was very nice, said that she would reset my code or send me a new code so that I could buy tickets before the end of the Propaganda presale today, so there is hope...(if all goes well with the reset code or new code) I'm crossing my fingers for all of us- Good Luck everyone

irishrule75 said:
How long was your second wait?

I waited about 2 hours the second time. I actually had some things to do, so I dialed the number, sat the phone down, left for about 45 minutes, and came back. I picked up the phone and heard "Listen to me now" and I knew I hadn't missed a damn thing.

Another thing you might mention, if you are still waiting, is that you KNOW it is possible for your code to be reset and emailed to you within half an hour.....I am proof of that. Last Wednesday when I was trying to get this fixed, the lady said she would give my problem directly to the supervisor, and I was emailed a new code within 20 minutes (even though it didn't work--but that wasn't her fault).

So I pointed that out to the lady I spoke with last. I told her that I knew for a fact that it was possible for a new code to be sent out very quickly, and that I wanted it to be done.

Don't put up with that "your code will be sent within 3 - 4 hours" crap.

Last edited:
I'm still on hold and I can't wait 3-4 hours. I only have 2 hrs left in the presale. So I'm gonna tell them to escalate my problem.

By the way I never thought I say this, but I'm sick of hearing U2 music!!!! There is only so much I can hear SYCMIOYO and COBL one after another. Aaaaah!!!

Just got off the phone with Dave (Fanfire rep) and saw that I called earlier. He said there's nothing he can do (no duh). He said they are resetting passwords and to keep trying!! Shit man, I keep trying every 5 minutes.
This really blows. I want to get my tickets before the pre-sale opens for U2.com members!!!!

I'm going to call them AGAIN at 9pm if I still can't get in and raise some hell!!

I'll be honest with you, Dave is who I spoke with this morning, and he didn't do jack shit for me. From what I can gather, that guy is perfectly content to sit your complaint in a stack.

I've talked to 6 people there over the last week, 3 women and 3 men. The women were by far the most helpful, for one reason or another. A woman got me my new code today very quickly, and a woman got me a new code last week, too. The men acted like they were only helping me because they absolutely had to, and even then nothing got done.

Those Fanfire reps are hating life right now, but they should have gotten this stuff right a long time ago.

Good luck.

So, my cell phone battery died after waiting 1.5 hours (3rd call of the day). I had to go out to dinner, thus, no recourse. At this point -- I guess I'm screwed.

Email Fanfire, U2.com, and Ticketmaster. Tell them what's happened and do a lot of bitching. I'd guess that's your best bet.

And if you do manage to talk to anybody, say you want to speak to a supervisor right away. Tell them you want a code within 30 minutes.

I don't know what else to say, other than sorry to hear you got screwed after an all day effort.

Just got my new code and it worked great, I got it about 45 minutes after I talked to them on the phone (I did talk to a woman) so not all hope is lost. Still a sucky situation though, we shouldn't have to go through this crap. :mad: Next tour U2 should just go back the the SASE mail in pre-sale

At this point, I'm not going to get a code in time. I am literally in tears. I've been a Prop member since 1989. I have emailed all those that can be emailed. I've called. no avail.

Quick question folks,

I'm lucky enough to be in an environment tomorrow where I have access to lots of computers. Does anyone think if I hit ticketmaster on more than one computer at the same time with the same code it will effect my code status? From what I've read, it seems to be based on purchases, but I thought I'd ask in case anyone else had a problem with something like this.

Thanks

it shouldn't adversely affect you.

i eventually got through about an hour and a half ago. my code is no longer recognized but haven't been emailed a new code.

Back
Top Bottom