MERGED: About 30+ fans camping out! +No GA lottery + lottery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdtrish

Babyface
About 30+ fans camping out!

Just drove down to the San Diego Sports Arena to check out the scene and there are at least 30+ people sitting in the parking lot already!

They're having fun. As long as they don't pester anyone, I don't see a problem.

celia said:
haha Brilliant, dedication (or madness!) :lol:

There's a fine line between dedication and madness and these people have crossed it.

Axver said:
And not even a lottery will stop such madness?

There has been no formal announcement to the general public. I doubt all 1500-1800 GA ticket holders are on the message boards.

Are there any notices posted there about a lottery. It seems extremely unfair to insititute this policy without notice.

Do you know that for sure? If they're not on the board and don't check @u2, how would they? And even if they heard the announcement no one knows for sure what's going to happen, so maybe they're just covering themselves in case there is no lottery.

That said...:coocoo:

They know about the supposed lottery, but since there has been no formal announcement I guess none of them were willing to take any chances.

Exactly, the tour starts in about 12 hours and there is no confrimation one way or the other.

The only thing is a post on an unofficial website from an unidentified source.

I think at this point that it is incredibly lame for them to institute any lottery policy at this point when those people were in line. The tour staff is at the arena. If there was a policy they should have informed those in line one way or the other.

Isn't most of the fun of GA camping out and getting to know your fellow superfans... even if there will be a lottery.

I don't know about you all, but when I go to a concert... I'm excited all day long and I would rather be sharing that excitement with other people than sitting alone at my home waiting for the time when I can go to the arena.

No Ga Lottery

I just spoke Barbara (Ruffian) on the GA line and she told me that security confirmed NO LOTTERY. She said they were very clear and walked up and down the line stating this.

She got there at 6:00AM and is # 190 something.

SoCalMusicLover said:
If there is no lottery, then those people camped out are Not the dumb ones. I realize it's a big if, but without a lottery, those 30 have locked up the front row stage.

Not necessarily. On Elevation at this exact same venue they opened the wrong door first which resulted in a crush of fans and making it so alot of people that camped out all day didnt even make it into the heart. Sounds like they may have it under control this time from what I read previously.

Bottom line is though, even without the lottery, there are no guarantees about where you will get with the GA. It was the same for Elevation.

#190 at 6 AM. All I can say is WOW! That's crazy.

I'm disappointed to hear that. This fan - diehard or not - is not getting up at 4AM to stand in line for a GA spot!

Last edited:
matt_tx00 said:

I'm disappointed to hear that. This fan - diehard or not - is not getting up at 4AM to stand in line for a GA spot!

Then according to some people on this board, you don't WANT it enough.

matt_tx00 said:

Yeah, GA lines are going to be insane this time around if there is no lottery (btw I am not in favour of a lottery). It might be worst today because it's opening night and all the die-hards are there, but still that is not a very good sign...

Back
Top Bottom