MERGED: About 30+ fans camping out! +No GA lottery + lottery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is really a weird system. The point of doing a lottery is (partly) to prevent people from lining up too early. Now people will line-up early anyways since it will determine whether or not they will have a good spot, inside or outside the egg/ellipse. Even then, some people will show up at the very last minute and still get in the ellipse because they will have a lucky number.

My point exactly. It seems overly complicated/confusing.

My question is: Do you find out when you get there if you are in the "Egg"? or do you have to wait until you get inside the arena. It would be nice if they told you if you "won" the lottery so you didn't have to spend all day on line. However, it would also be nice to know if you lost, since you could concentrate on getting a good spot on the outside of the Egg.

I can see a big problem with that tho, if it's your ticket and not your wrist band, which you can't take off, the price of those tickets from the time you were told it was "in the oval" would skyrocket. People could go into the parking lot and sell one for $400+.

What about the people who were given ticketmaster after filing a complaint about the fan club presale? I was offered GA's by the TM representative, but they don't say fan club on them. In theory, I still got the tickets BECAUSE of my membership.

How the hell will they sort that out?

laz

Do the presale tickets have the fan club codes on them that match the presale membership number? Ie, there are people on ebay selling presale tickets to people who obviously wont have the codes. Is this going to be a big problem?

I hope this GA system is for the US only and normal, sane GA rules will apply in Europe.

Jo.

Just ask for the friggin keychain as proof of u2.com membership -that should get you into the egg:wink:
then it would actually be worth something

Last edited:
from at u2

M2 again, 11:25 am - a U2 spokesperson in San Diego tells us "Someone will go outside later on today and make an announcement as to how people will get into the ellipse." That's all we've been told officially.

the interesting dilemma will be at certain shows that weren't pre sold

san jose 2 for instance was added the day of regular sales and thus now fan club tickets were sold...so essentially different shows will have to have diff policies.

essentially you can be moved to a non ellipse line because you got tickets to a show that was in a presale on a day of sale

so really getting your tickets first...before a second show was added on the day of regular sales would screw you because a second show that wasn't presold gets added.

I dont get it--how can they ask these people to stay i 2 lines and say we'll explain it later????

An ellipse is a curve that is the locus of all points in the plane the sum of whose distances and from two fixed points and (the foci) separated by a distance of is a given positive constant (Hilbert and Cohn-Vossen 1999, p. 2). This results in the two-center bipolar coordinate equation

eimg826.gif

fun now you can learn math with u2:wink:

This is why I'm still at home (at least an hour away) in my sweats, having a coffee. I'll get there around 3pm and see what's happening. No use in panicing all day out there.

Ok based on the post over in the tour reviews forum all this linup hoopla is just for position since in or out of the eg..errr elipse...is based on your ticket...
so...
do they let you check this right away or do you have to stand on line just in case????

u2valleygirl said:
My Phoenix tickets don't say FAN on them. They are GA and I bought them in the presale. All this is making me nervous.

I've compared the Amsterdam general sale and presale tickets and besides their serial number there's also absolutely no difference between the tickets....

Maybe they'll check serial numbers or just have a different policy at different venues...

nurse chrissi said:
An ellipse is a curve that is the locus of all points in the plane the sum of whose distances and from two fixed points and (the foci) separated by a distance of is a given positive constant (Hilbert and Cohn-Vossen 1999, p. 2). This results in the two-center bipolar coordinate equation

eimg826.gif

fun now you can learn math with u2:wink:

:love:

Well its all so much clearer now :huh:

at leat my first show isn't until may so Ive got time to sort this all out....

Perhaps it's not the presale but whether or not FAN is on your ticket that determines your "ellipse" status.

lottery

ok have been in the GA line , what is happening is when you swipe your ticket if it BEEPS you are in the egg !! so you dont have to stand there all day AND it doesnot matter if your ticket says FAN or GA or ADULT etc.

cbradfly1 said:
Perhaps it's not the presale but whether or not FAN is on your ticket that determines your "ellipse" status.

i'm not so sure about this...i have a pair of nosebleeds for boston that i picked up during the pre-sale that also say 'fan' on them. i think it's just a way to indicate that it was purchased during the presale.

Back
Top Bottom