MERGED: About 30+ fans camping out! +No GA lottery + lottery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonosleftone said:

No you acted all high and mighty like a complete and total tosser. Oh Dont buy one. No shit I dont have to buy one, but if I want to say that the prices are disgusting I can and shouldnt have to deal with some fangirl preaching to me about whether to buy or not to.

Goddamn birds.

Wow, chill out. Its obvious people are on edge (no pun intended) about everything happening today. No need to turn on each other.

The vintage prices seem high to me, but the normal price is about the same as Elevation. I will probebly purchase one of the $35 priced shirts, but that price is pretty standard for most major artists these days.

Blue Room said:

Wow, chill out. Its obvious people are on edge (no pun intended) about everything happening today. No need to turn on each other.

The vintage prices seem high to me, but the normal price is about the same as Elevation. I will probebly purchase one of the $35 priced shirts, but that price is pretty standard for most major artists these days.

Still there should be no reason for anyone to whine and point out stupid crap like people not liking the merchandise prices.

I said one word about the prices, Disgusting, which they are. It doesnt apply to just U2, but this tour is what the discussion is about.

bonosleftone said:

Would you lick the sweat off of Bonos scrotum if you got the chance?
I think this would be best asked in PLEBA:wink: Just joking! Sheesh, this thread is starting to give me a headache as well...

Wait......so how do they know if you're a fanclub member? I'm so wishing I hadn't left the keychain at home....

BigMacPhisto said:
Wait......so how do they know if you're a fanclub member? I'm so wishing I hadn't left the keychain at home....

If you answer yes to the question "Would you lick the sweat off of Bono's scrotum?"

bonosleftone said:
If you answer yes to the question "Would you lick the sweat off of Bono's scrotum?"

Yes, but only after he sang "Gone"....

this also has the potential to be very lucrative. If one's GA beeps, what's to stop them once they have that wrist band from going into the crowd and taking "bids" on a "buddy" position to go in with them?

From @ U2:

U2 has arrived...
As of shortly after 2:00 pm PT, U2 has arrived in their small caravan of vehicles, with Bono and Larry riding together in the front vehicle. One guess which of them was waving to fans??? (Yeah, Bono.) :)

Steve Lillywhite made his arrival shortly thereafter, apparently in a convertible Mustang. Niiiice.

--------------

No autograph/photo stopping? But he still might come outside later for that.

bonoed said:
this also has the potential to be very lucrative. If one's GA beeps, what's to stop them once they have that wrist band from going into the crowd and taking "bids" on a "buddy" position to go in with them?

You might even get some lovin' with this method if you know what I mean. :wink:

These beeping tickets, multiple lines, 2 admissions/beep into the yolk of the egg and so on are ridiculous.

There should be 2 lines. One for u2.com members, one for the rest. The wristbands for the egg should be given out to u2.com members first, the leftovers go to the remaining people in the order in which they lined up. Each wristband is worth one admit to the egg.

The band wouldn't have to see the same faces every night because chances are, people don't have 75 memberships to U2.com and therefore wouldn't be guaranteed egg spots.

This system they have sounds confusing and it will do nothing to prevent lining up at all.

anitram said:
These beeping tickets, multiple lines, 2 admissions/beep into the yolk of the egg and so on are ridiculous.

There should be 2 lines. One for u2.com members, one for the rest. The wristbands for the egg should be given out to u2.com members first, the leftovers go to the remaining people in the order in which they lined up. Each wristband is worth one admit to the egg.

The band wouldn't have to see the same faces every night because chances are, people don't have 75 memberships to U2.com and therefore wouldn't be guaranteed egg spots.

This system they have sounds confusing and it will do nothing to prevent lining up at all.

Your system seems to make sense, and therefore cannot be used.

anitram said:

That is too logical. Screw that.

gang...all i know is that i'm watching the elevation DVD right now and i gotta say: we're goin' to U2!!! in the oval/egg/ellipse, out of it, or nosebleeds it's going to be simply amazing experience wherever you are. we all need to keep that in mind and not get too lost in the details.

just out of curiosity, anyone have the latest stats on the lineup? How long is the u2.com line compared to the general line?

innominata8 said:
gang...all i know is that i'm watching the elevation DVD right now and i gotta say: we're goin' to U2!!! in the oval/egg/ellipse, out of it, or nosebleeds it's going to be simply amazing experience wherever you are. we all need to keep that in mind and not get too lost in the details.

exactly....I just put mine in and the chills going up and down my spine with the pure energy....makes me giddy

korczykp said:
just out of curiosity, anyone have the latest stats on the lineup? How long is the u2.com line compared to the general line?

To be honest, I don't think the U2.com line will be that big for some of these earlier shows.......you have to remember that very few of its members ended up getting GAs through the presale for the first leg dates.....because they seem to be using tix with the "FAN" thing on them to determine if you get in that line or not, doesn't seem all that likely that there would be too many....

God, I really wish I hadn't left that damn u2.com keychain at home.

there will be one like 2 legitimate fans in the MSG pre-sale fanclub line ... the rest will be the customers of brokers ... ahhhh at least i have my pre-sale GA for East Rutherford and MSG in October :)

Back
Top Bottom