MERGED-->3rd Leg Opening Act?+Third Leg Support?+ Jet to open third leg?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
another great rock act from Ireland--'The Frames' would be fantastic. second choice would be from Ireland again--'Damien Rice'

i'm seeing arcade fire in concert.

maybe they'll walk on stage to vertigo.

ha. no.

anyone else with me in that they'd rather see the world's most promising band, than u2 at this point? 7ust curious.

I keep hoping against hope that Arcade Fire will open in Toronto.

I've only seen them once but my God, what a show. Unbelievable and that was on the 6th night of 6 consecutive shows! But it was totally fresh, amazing setlist, just perfection.

Zoomerang96 said:
i'm seeing arcade fire in concert.

maybe they'll walk on stage to vertigo.

ha. no.

anyone else with me in that they'd rather see the world's most promising band, than u2 at this point? 7ust curious.

Sorry, but why spend time in a U2 forum then?

7ust curios.

U2Man said:

Sorry, but why spend time in a U2 forum then?

7ust curios.

i'm a huge fan of u2's work up to and including pop.

that's a lot of material!

and anitram, i could think of worse things you could do. :wink:

stargift said:
another great rock act from Ireland--'The Frames' would be fantastic. second choice would be from Ireland again--'Damien Rice'

If Damien Rice opened i would pee in my pants!!! That would be GREAT!:drool:

stargift said:

Haven't heard much Damien Rice but I love The Frames!!

Someone posted in another thread that The Alarm are opening for U2 third leg. I don't know where they got this information, anyone know if it's valid? Does anyone know anything about The Alarm?

I don't know about the world's most promising band, but The Arcade Fire are damn good. Too bad so far the closest they're coming to me is Minneapolis...which is ten hours away.

I don't consider U2 a "promising" band because they've sort of already proven themselves as the best band ever (in my eyes anyway). When I think of "promising" I think of a band with lots of potential. While U2 has potential to make more great albums, they really don't have anything left to prove, except maybe to the people that have lost interest in them as of late, but that happens with every era of U2. They lose fans, they gain fans.

AtomicBono said:

Someone posted in another thread that The Alarm are opening for U2 third leg. I don't know where they got this information, anyone know if it's valid? Does anyone know anything about The Alarm?

It's all speculation at this point. Nobody knows anything for sure. As far as I know, the Alarm might be on an oldies/nostalgia tour right now, which would make them totally inappropriate as a U2 opening band. (Although I think they did open for U2 back in the 80s when the Alarm was still making records.)

Zoomerang96 said:

Not more than U2, but i am very excitied about getting to see wilco and U2 both in october.

Back
Top Bottom