Las Vegas I Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'm here.

I can't believe how crowded this party is without a streaming source!:ohmy:

Hey guys, don't forget that Arcade Fire was in Vegas this week for the Vegoose Festival...

probably means nothing, but hey, you never know...

aww, i'm sorry Redkat didn't get a band meeting. People said they wouldn't let fans anywhere near the stage door where they thought the band might arrive. That is a shame.

I've heard the "90 GAs" number from a few people independently, including a bunch who were buried in the box office line and still scored GAs...but who knows.

U2Wedge, my quantitative abilities decline sharply after midnight. Let's just say "big chance" "little chance" :lmao:

Lila64 said:

Not that I know of - you are welcome to volunteer...

You can try and ask him tomorrow.

That was an insane convention list, ruffian :crazy:

Just spoke to redkat - meeting lots of people and losing money. She's behind the stage. There was no meet & greet today apparently. She met Chizip & Miroslava, the BAWS, Carlos, U2Fanatic4Ever... She didn't think there were a lot of tickets released today, or at least not 90 GAs like ruff said earlier. Who knows - everyone has a different story...

oh, and apparently the arena at MGM may be smaller than others on the tour, so maybe less people or less GA/ellipse? Or it could have just been redkats perspective from behind the stage...

in honor of Las Vegas:

e42da58c4e1eae8282d0de22fe77435d.gif

d0cf13f8fce337a5defd11051c25f662.gif

cleazer said:
Okay, I'm here.

I can't believe how crowded this party is without a streaming source!:ohmy:

Because everyone thinks they're going to play something like...uhh...Pride. Yeah. That's the song on everyone's minds :shifty: we all have to know when they bust out...Pride

Lila64 said:
oh, and apparently the arena at MGM may be smaller than others on the tour, so maybe less people or less GA/ellipse? Or it could have just been redkats perspective from behind the stage...

in honor of Las Vegas:

e42da58c4e1eae8282d0de22fe77435d.gif

d0cf13f8fce337a5defd11051c25f662.gif

I looked up the venue capacity a while ago, it's 17,000-something. :nerd:

Hey, Cleazer :wave:

ruffian said:
aww, i'm sorry Redkat didn't get a band meeting. People said they wouldn't let fans anywhere near the stage door where they thought the band might arrive. That is a shame.

I've heard the "90 GAs" number from a few people independently, including a bunch who were buried in the box office line and still scored GAs...but who knows.

U2Wedge, my quantitative abilities decline sharply after midnight. Let's just say "big chance" "little chance" :lmao:

hey, why do 'Big Chance' and 'Fat Chance' mean the complete opposite?

:hmm:

ThoraSEB said:
Hmm... noticing a lot of ppl who are not good at math here. :hmm: One of the many things that some U2 fans have in common, I guess!

I was soooo bad at math that my geometry teacher in 12th grade gave me a multiple choice final exam,lol. Think he feared what would happen if I were to be in his summer school class :lol:

ruffian said:

Well, she didn't know - apparently it depends who you ask. If you have friends that were in the ticketdrop line and got in, I believe it. Lucky :censored: :banghead:

Just read the last few pages of this thread.

Ya know, honestly, Las Vegas is crowded with conventions continuously, or at least it seems that way to me.

Hotel rates are lower on weekdays, and apparently generally lower in the summer. But there are always a ton of conventions in that town and I think the biggest factor in Vegas room rates is whether or not you're there on a weekday or weekend.

Lila64 said:
Not that I know of - you are welcome to volunteer...

You can try and ask him tomorrow.

I'm seriously considering, but I think my phone is crap.
It's a very old one.
Maybe I should go to the store on Sunday and see if I qualify for a free new one.

VintagePunk said:

oh, i thought it was something like 13,000. I was way off.

ThoraSEB said:
Hmm... noticing a lot of ppl who are not good at math here. :hmm: One of the many things that some U2 fans have in common, I guess!

NASA tried to recruit me, so don't worry...some of us do anything but suck as far as mathematics are concerned. When I was 17, I wrote theoretical math curriculum for my school district. I hate math like most people, but I don't suck.

My point? I don't know. Obviously nobody was attacking me...

Whatever. Not all U2 fans suck with math, just like not many U2 fans actually know anything about music. C'est la vie.

VintagePunk said:

Hey, Cleazer :wave:

right but the MGM has no luxury or press boxes giving it a smaller appearance.

It's not used for hockey to my knowledge, so the floor might not have to be up to any type of pro sport specs, either. I could be wrong.

hey guys, just come to say hello and good luck, i can´t stand here tonight for the party... bye and have fun with the vertigo tour premiere of THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE - fingers crossed:drool: :drool:

ruffian said:

oh, i thought it was something like 13,000. I was way off.

I don't know which is right, especially with a GA floor. Either way, the seating map looks different than a regular arena like Staples Center in L.A. where the sporting teams play. I recall a friend of mine who told me he thought it was smaller too. It might just be the way it is set-up/built.

BonosBaby12 said:

I was soooo bad at math that my geometry teacher in 12th grade gave me a multiple choice final exam,lol. Think he feared what would happen if I were to be in his summer school class :lol:

I passed high school math only because my teachers had pity on me, and would just barely pass me. I got straight A's in everything else, it's just I never could understand math. It's so sad that I was thrilled to have a 50%!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom