If Croke Park 3 was released on DVD, but lacked the lighting, would you be interested

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Croke Park seemed to be very very light out, and I think when they started Love And Peace Or Else, the sun was starting to finally set.

Would you be interested in that show, despite the lack of visuals, more the less just the raw power of energy and music? It may be one of U2's best show's they've ever done.

I won't stop living until I get this show on DVD.

I have the one-cam bootleg DVD of Croke 3, and I have to agree with you regarding the quality of the show, at least on tape (despite the rather dodgy filming and poor audio).

There is a multi-cam boot of the show in the works, supposedly it will be torrented at all the usual sites later on this year.

Haven't heard anything about an official DVD, yet. Might have to survive on the boots for the time being...

yeah croke 2 was the one with all the cameras about, dont know if we'll ever see it though.
does anyone remember what it was recorded for in the frist place - wasn't it MTV or clearchannel or something?

My bet is he will respond with the u2tours comments that said it was filmed.

U2tours got it wrong there were rumours that the band would film the 3rd nights show but they didnt.

I was there and I saw no comeras

Can't we give this Croke II/III thing a rest already? :|

U2Man said:
I want Milan released :drool:

So do I, it was better then croke 2 anyway, but theu2fly keeps bringing this subject up, just look at his threads

with my lack of a dvd burner making downloading bootlegged dvds pointless, i'd love to see anything released....:drool:

I don't care about it. It won't be released. They didn't film night 3, and it's an overrated show. I'd rather see Milan.

jimjam said:

So do I, it was better then croke 2 anyway, but theu2fly keeps bringing this subject up, just look at his threads

and has been corrected numerous times and told that Croke 3 was not filmed. Seems to ignore it though. Look at his signature. A petition for a show that was not filmed and for one that is going to be released anyway. :shrug: :huh:

I listened to the boot of Croke Park 3 last night, and it sounded simply amazing. It feels like Slane Castle all over again, the crowd is amazing, and just the mood and I imagine the sights and sounds, it's a great atmopshere.

Well wait, now viewing the videos from Croke Park on Google, the stadium looks really bare when you get to the back of it... so maybe no. I'd prefer a full stadium to a 3/4 stadium.

Would anyone be able to upload the audio from Croke 3 for me? That'd be great! Thanks in advance!

theu2fly said:
Well wait, now viewing the videos from Croke Park on Google, the stadium looks really bare when you get to the back of it... so maybe no. I'd prefer a full stadium to a 3/4 stadium.

They all looked like that. Croke Park's pitch is HUGE. The Stade De France was the same way.

Oh, and btw, Croke 3 was not filmed. Croke 2 was, with a few extra cams on stage, a cam on a boom and some extras between the inner and outer GA barriers. I should know- I was at all 3 in the inner GA ring.

I know this is unofficial, but I talked to some members of U2 management outside the Clarence on the morning of the 27th (3rd show day) and they said that the 25th was taped for a DVD release. They had all-access passes and principle management IDs and left for the shows in limos.

Last edited:
Maybe there will be some bonus footage from Croke 2 on the Milan DVD bonus disc :shrug:

I want Amsterdam 3 on DVD :?

What's the point discussing this! Milan will be the one, so stop daydreaming!

U2Man said:
Maybe there will be some bonus footage from Croke 2 on the Milan DVD bonus disc :shrug:

I could see that. I doubt the full Croke 2 show is going to see any type of official release. We KNOW (at least it appears everyone except U2fly) Croke 3 wont be released!!!!!

Milan is most likely the stadium DVD. I'm almost looking forward to the S. American bootlegs that will be out their from those broadcasts more than Milan. Full shows, unedited, pro shot. Those could be the best out of everything. I think the S. American Popmart broadcasts are the best of that tour. Sao Paulo and Santiago 97 are fantastic shows and better than the Mexico City one to me. Although Mexico City is a good one.

DignityPassesBy said:
I WANT SYDNEY TO BE FILMED ... and its not as unlikley as it sounds as chanel V have some filming rights to it or something so my friend tells me i hope its true

I'm with you. I'd like to see a leg 3 show filmed rather than another show from leg 2.

DignityPassesBy said:

Explain???

It's in the pipeline that one of the South American shows will be broadcast live, as per Popmart. Hopefully someone will capture this and torrent it... there has been discussion that says as much!

Back
Top Bottom