Europe is getting Zooropa & Pop songs according to Adam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bostonfly

The Fly
I was listening to 100.7 WZLX in Boston yesterday and Carter Alan was talking about how last night was the last show of the US Leg and that they were going to Europe next. He mentioned that he was talking to Adam earlier in the day and was suprised to hear that the band was not taking much time of between the legs because instead they are going to be rehearsing a lot of new songs. Specificially he mentioned that they were going to rehearse songs from Zooropa and Pop because they were such big hits over in Europe.

Very Exciting News for summer!

europe for once will be the place to see them this tour, last tour it the U.S. was the place to see them, this time around europe is the place

That's awesome! :up: I hope it turns out to be true.

Of course, I'd love to get some Pop & Zooropa songs over here, but I'm only going to one show, so my chances of hearing the majority of rarities are slim. I'm just happy for the fans that get them. :D

Bring on the Dirty Day and Last Night on Earth :rockon: :dance:

This sort of makes sense, because POP did much better in Europe than it did here.

I'd like to hear some Zooropa & POP on this side of the pond, but at this point if U2 sang the local phone book I'd still be loving it!!!

Great news!
My wishlist:
Gone
Please
Last Night on Earth
Lemon
DIRTY DAY!!!

Just noticed this on atu2 blog:
"Talking with Dennis Sheehan, fans in Europe can expect a bigger stage and more songs added to the setlist. He said that the band has been practicing an acoustic set to add to the stadium shows."

I'm OK with the acoustic set, as long as the full band is involved. No more Bono-Edge Staring at the Sun, please...

Last edited:
Diane L said:
This sort of makes sense, because POP did much better in Europe than it did here.

I'd like to hear some Zooropa & POP on this side of the pond, but at this point if U2 sang the local phone book I'd still be loving it!!!

Agreed! Excellent point. Europe warmed up much more to those 2 compliations than we did over in the US. "Please", "Gone", & "Stay" will probaly show up.

YES!!!!! :rockon:

Maybe that's why the rehearsed Lemon at the Mexican rehearsals. I hope they keep playing Wild Horses and hope they play Please and Last Night On Earth! It wuld be cool if they played Numb again! :ohmy: :rockon:

one4u2 said:

Thanks, we will. And we'll raise you having another leg and more shows in the Fall ! In places where the majoority of the audience will be able to see the band.

I like the idea of an evolving setlist as the tour grows. Additionally I think it would be great to film and release at least one show from each leg to document the evolution. Release them as a 5 part DVD set. (3 DVD's = Two NA legs, and Europe and the other two are the Australian leg and Bonus features)

stupid americans with bad taste in music :rant:

please bring the songs back for the 3rd leg

I agree with Chizip. Play the songs from "Pop" and "Zooropa" in Europe, get them nailed down, and bring the well rehearsed songs back home to the arms of America. {I prefer 'Pop' myself. Loved 'Please' live from the fall leg of 'Elevation' - just so intense}.

Lila64 said:
I agree with Chizip. Play the songs from "Pop" and "Zooropa" in Europe, get them nailed down, and bring the well rehearsed songs back home to the arms of America. .

:up:

This great news. I'm sure a lot of the songs will carry over into the 3rd and 4th legs.

I hope not!!
I hated Pop and Zooropa!!:madspit: :madspit:

We want whats already been rehearsed and nailed dont forget we dont get any where near as many concerts as America, they wont have time to prat around.

Bono's Tart said:
I hope not!!
I hated Pop and Zooropa!!:madspit: :madspit:

We want whats already been rehearsed and nailed dont forget we dont get any where near as many concerts as America, they wont have time to prat around.

haha, everyone point and laugh

Back
Top Bottom