Bringing your parents to the show...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pulle28

The Fly
I'm going to my 10th and 11th U2 show this summer, and my parents are joining me!
I'm nearly 30 and they are 60.
Whenever I tell people that my parents are coming as well, they go "cool"!
Any other of you guys taking your parents along?

I think my Mom is going one night...she says she's listened to this group through me for 21 years, it's about time she saw them!

My parents are going, too!
Not so much because of U2 :)ohmy: ) but because I'm pretty young, and they want to see Poland (I got the tickets for Katowice today!! :wink: :wink: )
We'll be standing...:huh:

my parents would complain it's too loud.

they also don't listen to anything that's more aggressive than Johnny Mathis or Tony Bennett....They'd be like "Oh, this song Grace, it's too loud and obnoxious":wink:

My dad went with me to Popmart (well, actually since I was younger at the time, he chaperoned me).

And now my mom's coming with me to Vertigo 2005. She's been asking about this tour for 4 years now.

My dad took me to the Zoo TV tour when I was 13 years old. He got me into U2, because in the eighties he was playing Under A Blood Red Sky over and over again. And I'm glad that he will be joining me and some of my friends at the U2 gig in Amsterdam in July.

I'm 35 and I'm taking my Dad, who's in his 60's, to the Philly show. LOVES U2 and he's been dying to see them. For all of the years back from the early 80's where he took me to Grateful Dead shows, I love repaying him.

i'm bringing my dad. i'm 18 and he's 56, and we'll both be experiencing our first U2 show together.

Yes, my parents are going, and they are early 60's.

In 1983 they would not let me go to Red Rocks because it conflicted with a darn high school awards ceremony --- they forced me to go knowing I'd win something not near as relevant long term as witnessing Red Rocks... so the girl that Bono swings around at the end and a bunch of my high school buddies all go -- I settle for second place in Boulder the next night.

This will be my 14th show, somewhere this year. My parents will attend separately -- they have tickets to San Diego 2 with my sister, and two of their six grandkids -- it should be a special night.

I'm hoping for one more tour after Vertigo so I can take my wife and children -- who should be 7 or so by the time they roll around again -- with their grandparents as well... three generations together.

I hope it happens.

Last thought -- my parents drove me to Nebraska after college. 10 hours of the Joshua Tree and War --- to this day, my Mom asks --- "did that guy ever find what he's looking for" --- not yet, but soon, she'll understand

:wink:

I'm 15, so my parents have to go with me. i'm also forcing my older sister (18) to go, which will be really interesting (i'm sure she'll be the only "gothic" looking person there). but my parents are younger than u2 (ages 40, and 41), so there'll be no problem.

DubbalinGirl said:
I think my Mom is going one night...she says she's listened to this group through me for 21 years, it's about time she saw them!

I'm a parent taking a child, My daughter she's 20 and I'm 41, she has never seen U2 before and she's coming to Glasgow with her mum. I have already warned her not to get embarassed at her old mum jumping around and dancing, it what hapens to me when I see U2 all parental responisibillty goes out the door.

I actually bought GA tickets for my Mom for her birthday - she had been complaining that she has liked the band longer than I have and should get to go as well - the good part is that she is allowing me to come with her :wink:

I wish actually!

They are not interested though and wouldn't spend the money.

When and if they come to Detroit, I'd like my mom to go. After putting up with hours of endless Zoo TV replays back in the day, she deserves it. She's a fan and I would love for her to experience it. In the meantime, she goes with me to all Barenaked Ladies shows and has seen them about 7 times or so... :wink:

Called my mom to discuss the Grammys and as always, she rocked. Her highlights:

1. Their performance was beautiful... I loved how simple and stark their stage was.

2. That speech was lovely. What was the drummer referring to? The ticket problems you mentioned? (filled her in)

3. Boy, that song was a mess only saving grace was Bono. His verse was beautiful and his backup vocals right on... Everyone else sucked... Well, Steven Tyler and the other rockers were decent.

Wub.my.mom! :cute:

My dad was at Elevation Slane with me and both parents are going to Croke Park II with me this time around. They are casual U2 fans, I am the fanatic! But that said, my dad would have like the likes of SBS and NYD since before I was even born, so I bow to him in that regard ;)

My parents are going to the concert at Valle Hovin. I doubt they will be with me during the concert, because I intend to get in line pretty early. My dad is a musician, and he is very interested to see U2.

mads said:
i'm bringing my dad. i'm 18 and he's 56, and we'll both be experiencing our first U2 show together.

hey im 18 and im bringing my dad along so we can both experience our first U2 shows aswell!

I'm a mum taking her two sons to our first U2 concert. I'm 45 and the boys are 19 and 16. We're from Poland, so we're going to the Chorzów (not Katowice!) concert :rockon: The boys have standing tickets, as it's more cool :wink: , but I'll be sitting with my friends. Fly from Croatia, I'm so happy you'll be coming to the gig in Poland! If you'd like to meet my boys and their friends (and I could take care of your parents :cool: ) before the concert, just contact me at dobosz.beata@wp.pl
Anyway, have a whale of a time in Poland!

Eirinn said:
I'm a mum taking her two sons to our first U2 concert. I'm 45 and the boys are 19 and 16.

Ditto for me except I'm 44.5 and will be taking only my 19 yo ds. My 16 yo ds is staying home with dad and my youngest ds.

i was 11 in 1997 for the popmart tour, and i went to oakland, ca with my mom and dad for that show. elevation tour i was 15-16 and my parents went again. for vertigo tour, we got 4 tickets to san jose 2nd night, so me (18), my dad (49), my mom (46), and sister (11 - her first concert). family has always been u2 fans, my dad went to zootv, my aunt went to joshua tree tour - zootv - popmart. it's great to be in a family that loves u2. :wink:

My hubby and I are taking my parents (who have been divorced for 13 years) along with my sister and brother-in-law to an October MSG show! We are all traveling from Utah.... I am so excited! Nobody thinks it's weird that I am taking my parents (Mom is 56 and Dad is 61), but a lot of people think it's weird that my parents are taking a vacation "together" to see U2 in New York. It's not like they will be staying in the same hotel room, but it still kinda funny (my Mom says our family is so dysfunctional, that we are functional!) :wink:

My dream is to take my mom. I'm trying to trade some seats or GAs in Detroit to my mom for Toronto 2.

She knows I adore the band and doesn't hesitate to call me whenever Bono is on TV. The fact that he was on Oprah also helped.

I played her a few tracks off of the new album and she liked it.

I'm 32 and mom forced me to take piano lessons for 12 of those years. Now I play bass in a band so she knows I like to rock out once in a while.

Other reason for taking my mom is the religious aspect to U2. My mom is an advid church goer. My mom has even taken notice of the band's religious aspect so she doesn't view going to see U2 the same as going to check out Velvet Revolver. Knowhatimsayin'?

Last edited:
Great thread!

It's cool that I'm not the only one taking my parents!

My sister and I have been fans for so long and seen a couple tours and my parents said they wanted to experience U2 live with their kids.

So they bought a membership to U2.com and bought GA tickets at the presale! I'm not sure if they know what they're getting into, we just said, "this is what we're doing!" and they said, "ok, we will too!"

Can't wait!

Sorry...I meant to post this under the "Taking your parent's thread".

DUH. I'll blame it on the late night last night....

Can any mods help me out?

Back
Top Bottom