Bono on TheRockFM NZ this afternoon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
weinerdog said:
All I heard at the end was....Honolulu, thanksgiving(U.S.) weekend, 2 shows, Arcade Fire opening and doing a 90 min set w/ new material, then 3 hour U2 show each night. Then the buffering started......

....but I could have heard wrong ;)

:macdevil:

Thanksgiving weekend - not a bad idea really :hmm:

On the site:

Be paitient - we'll have the interview audio here for you to listen to just after 6:00pm .

Good news for those of us who couldn't listen to the stream, but it doesnt' appear that anything new came to light anyway. :( Bring on Coppell.

make that 4 ruffian :madwife:

p.s. - patti, you've got mail
mail.gif

kellyahern said:

He's just sour that he didn't get to hang with "Paul" :shifty:

Pardon me for saying anything, but I'm curious about something.

Why is it you guys find it necessary to jump on this person (Bono in Sydney) and make snide comments about him/her? I understand you don't agree with what he/she is saying, and that's fine, but is it really necessary to be like that? Is it to make yourself feel better, so that you know you're making your friends laugh?

I'm just trying to understand because this kind of thing goes on here quite a bit, and it's usually the same group of people. One of the group makes a snide comment about someone and the rest of you all jump in.

/OT

aislinn said:

Pardon me for saying anything, but I'm curious about something.

Why is it you guys find it necessary to jump on this person (Bono in Sydney) and make snide comments about him/her? I understand you don't agree with what he/she is saying, and that's fine, but is it really necessary to be like that? Is it to make yourself feel better, so that you know you're making your friends laugh?

I'm just trying to understand because this kind of thing goes on here quite a bit, and it's usually the same group of people. One of the group makes a snide comment about someone and the rest of you all jump in.

/OT

Wow! I was just thinking the same thing... There's so much nastiness on these boards... Yes, Bono In Sydney has said some odd things, but why do people feel the need to publicly ridicule him? It's mean and unnecessary... This is why there's so many members here who dont' post very much... Because when they do, the clique that is Interference makes them feel bad... It's a real shame, because this site has so much else to offer.

JCOSTER said:
Didn't BIS give some good information about the interview?

Did anyone say thanks BIS for the information you provided for the show.

No, he didn't actually tell anyone anything that wasn't already available on the web.

aislinn and ultravioletluvv, i laughed about it because i felt that the poster has made some fairly outrageous and pompous comments that have perhaps been wearing out other people's patience (or maybe just mine)

sorry if you feel it has contributed to or is in the same league as some of the horrible comments on the board initially posted in response to the tour postponement...I don't view it that way, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Last edited:
ruffian said:
aislinn and ultravioletluvv, i laughed about it because i felt that the poster has made some fairly outrageous and pompous comments that have perhaps been wearing out other people's patience.

Exactly. I've actually been holding back at responding to some of his posts, but it gets tiring to read after a while.

You want to share information, great, it's usually very welcome, but don't make yourself out to be some sort of friend/acquaintance/associate of "Paul". That doesn't come off well on this website, we've been through it before.

For Example:

Bono in Sydney said:
I would have liked to have coffee with Bono but Bono's people even intimidated Andrew Denton.

:|

Last edited:
ruffian said:

sorry if you feel it has contributed to or is in the same league as some of the horrible comments on the board initially posted in response to the tour postponement...I don't view it that way, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Oh, no...not nearly on the same level as those comments.

Thanks for the apology. It's been a tough week or so for all of us, I suppose. Frayed nerves, weird stuff online, and of course real life. Not that I'm comparing these things to the band's troubles, of course. But thanks for the apology anyway.

I played a small part in bringing the Denton interview to the ABC. But in a room where you are the smallest player in a big interview process, you have to be totally professional. Bono’s people kept us waiting for about 15 minutes. He apologised when he got there in a charming way, he got a quick application of make up, which was a shit job and the reason he kept rubbing his face during the interview and then it was roll, and we were away. We did a quick promo and then we had to get to the studio as it was to be presented that night. When you are in a room like that you are lost in making sure that it works. If you look at the interview again, the sound quality was pretty shit and I got a wrap over the knuckles for that. I thought to myself that it was probably because it was Bono and I wasn’t paying attention but my boss wouldn’t have owrried about that. That is the worst thing you can say because the whole idea is that celebrities don’t spin you out and that is why you get the job.

aislinn said:

Oh, no...not nearly on the same level as those comments.

Thanks for the apology. It's been a tough week or so for all of us, I suppose. Frayed nerves, weird stuff online, and of course real life. Not that I'm comparing these things to the band's troubles, of course. But thanks for the apology anyway.

I should apologise for the bitchiness too, aislinn, but I have to second ruffian there - a lot of Bono In Sydney's comments were way out of line here and in other threads. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom