Oct. 29, American Airlines Center in Dallas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
EVERYONE GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES AND PRAY FOR BONO'S HEALTH!!!!!!!
icon_pray.gif

I don't suppose anyone here wants to share my hotel room with me the night after the show..... anyone? The hotel is within a mile of AAC, and it's $80 total for the night.

Sorry!!!! Bono's health is fine. A friend was trying to pull a prank. Not funny!!!

fyi:

i don't know about places to eat down there but there is an El Fenix restaurant really close, i think on the corner of houston street and 35. might even be doable by walking there during the day.

although i don't know if i want really heavy mexican food before standing in GA for hours :giggle:

i hate taking friends with me to concerts that aren't huge fans....because my friend doesn't want to get there early, we won't be coming until 2-3 pm. :mad: the good news is, mst people won't show up until around 6pm when they let they doors open.

Just helping to recap:

U2inBigD - Club Level
Ramblinrose - ??
LaceyM. - Section 104 (w/hubby)
Gen. Chat - Lower Level
romi - seat
theblazer
zoopop
jelloe - Section 123, Row P
kimby - nosebleeds
u2warrior - Section 328

GAs
------
inmyplace (wearing white Mavs shirt)
TCUfrog (wearing S.F. Giants hat)
u2okc (wearing OU hat)
Jara's Song (2 of us from OKC, Hey u2okc!)
Spanisheyes74
ABEL
mrpoptop
bloodysunday972
artdirector
u2texan (with friends)
nightsong

And yes, it is exciting and my show isn't til next Tuesday!!! :hyper:

:wink: I got GA's. See you all Saturday morning. And no, you don't want to eat El Fenix before the show. You'll be hurting by the time the boys take the stage.:wink:

anyone want to meet at Trinity Hall Fri nite?

Anyone want to meet at Trinity Hall Friday night?

I also know of one after party at the Londoner in Addison where a U2 fan from the U2Texas list will be spinning Saturday after the show...

Email me at jvglatz@u2.com if you want to join me Friday evening...

TWO MORE DAYS!

U2inBigD - Club Level
Ramblinrose - ??
Gen. Chat - Lower Level
romi - seat
theblazer
zoopop
kimby - nosebleeds
u2warrior - Section 328

GAs
------
u2okc (wearing OU hat)
Spanisheyes74
ABEL
mrpoptop
bloodysunday972
artdirector
u2texan (with friends)
nightsong
Allegra (long blonde wavy hair - look at my profile!)

Well I had floor seats for tonights preseason Mavs game, but the entire time I was thinking "holy shit, I'm seeing U2 in this building the day after tomorrow"

:hyper:

artdirector said:
So are all the GA's meeting at 7 am or 6 am?

i'll probably be there as early as i'm awake and feel like it lol. probably sometime between 7-8am but possibly earlier.

it all depends on when eebz gets here. she's driving up from houston after the show there friday night, probably won't get here till about 2 or 4am. we might try to get a little shut eye when she gets here. i have a feeling i won't be able to sleep though and we'll end up getting to the arena pretty early :giggle:

inmyplace13 said:
Well I had floor seats for tonights preseason Mavs game, but the entire time I was thinking "holy shit, I'm seeing U2 in this building the day after tomorrow"

:hyper:

and you didn't ask anyone that works there any questions about the GA lineup, or cameras, etc.?

:angry: :shame:

:wink:

I found the glowsticks in the toy section at walmart. Now if I could think of a way to smuggle in a birthday cake for Larry....

Recap
--------
U2inBigD - Club Level
Ramblinrose - ??
Gen. Chat - Lower Level
romi - seat
theblazer
zoopop
kimby - nosebleeds
u2warrior - Section 328

GAs
------
u2okc (wearing OU hat)
Spanisheyes74
ABEL
mrpoptop
bloodysunday972
artdirector
u2texan (with friends)
nightsong
Allegra (long blonde wavy hair - look at my profile!)
animala95

call me crazy but i also think i'm going to bring an umbrella along for standing in the GA line.
not for rain but for the sun.
i burn really easy and i don't know how shady that side of the building will be.
just a reminder in case anyone else wanted to bring one too.

alright, my group is starting to piss me off...they don't want to wait in line to try for the rail:mad: and my hubby doesn't want me to wait alone, but he says he "doesn't want to break up the group" either....

I didnt spend $ on GA tix to end up in the back, but looks like that's where I"m gonna end up :rant: Does it REALLY suck to end up in the back of the floor? What is the VERY LATEST we could get into line and still end up in a decent spot? I think i'm gonna :scream:

Spanisheyes74 said:
alright, my group is starting to piss me off...they don't want to wait in line to try for the rail:mad: and my hubby doesn't want me to wait alone, but he says he "doesn't want to break up the group" either....

I didnt spend $ on GA tix to end up in the back, but looks like that's where I"m gonna end up :rant: Does it REALLY suck to end up in the back of the floor? What is the VERY LATEST we could get into line and still end up in a decent spot? I think i'm gonna :scream:

You won't know until you scan where you are going to end up. You could waltz in at 8:30 and get the lucky Vertigo scan then you will be inside the ellipse. If you don't scan lucky then it is not that bad at the back and there is lots of room back there.

Oh and I suppose I need to add my name + 10 guest for the GA list. :hyper:

i feel for you spanisheyes- my friend pulled the same shit. we won't be getting there until 2-3pm. hopefully, we won't be in the back, but like i said earlier, most people probably won't get there until later on.

TCUFrog said:
i feel for you spanisheyes- my friend pulled the same shit. we won't be getting there until 2-3pm. hopefully, we won't be in the back, but like i said earlier, most people probably won't get there until later on.

I feel like I"ve been backstabbed. I mean, what's the point of wanting GA if you don't wanna hustle for the glorious spots under Bono's sweat? :drool:

I guess I'm the lonely super u2 fan of the group. If one of them ,specifically the one who isn't really a fan, gets the lucky ellipse band I might have to :madwife: ....

another pain story - After 21 years, I was finally taking my shot at meeting Bono by gettting to the arena early and hoping he got out to meet and greet. Was set to get there around noon and wait then walk to the West End to hang out until show time. Now comes word that I wont be able to drop my kids early with a relative due to an illness. Son of a B_ _ _! Murhphy's Law strikes again. So now, its strickly show only and right home afterwards. We'll, at least I'm going. Psyched to see them again but wanted this to be special day. Sounds like many of you have GA tickets so I dont think I'll be talking to you much but good luck getting into the ellipse.

well i called the AA center back again today like they said to.
the guy i talked to was just filling in for the lady who works there when she went for a cup of coffee.
he didn't have anything new to report.
and i asked about cameras, he looked it up on the computer and said no cameras or recording divices.
i still find that hard to imagine for U2.
if anyone else finds out differently please let us know!
i won't be able to call the AA center back today cuz i have to leave for work soon.

I called too-pretty much the same thing. No lining up before 8 AM. At first she said the east doors but then was corrected by a coworker that we should lineup at the South Doors. No cameras :( Hopefully that is just their standard disclaimer.

Granted this was a couple years ago, but when I lined up for Bruce in 2002, the venue security did honor the fan line. That is generally a big plus! They also gave us a chance to leave the line to put things back in our car so I guess that would be a good time to stash the cameras if we have to.

How many Okies will be in Dallas?

Just out of curiosity...

This Okie will there...along with my sister (who's an Eagles fan)...

Okies attending!! YES!! My wife and I are from Bethany. My cousin and his wife are from Tulsa. Four friends from Edmond. Three from OKC. So that makes 11 that I know of. We will be wearing OU or OSU hats/shirts.

I am lining up in the GA line about 2:00. I've always been on the rail everytime I got in line around 2:00-3:00. No worry...

Who's going to Trinity Hall after the show to watch the U2 Tribute band?

U2 never cares about people bringing in non-professional cameras. 11 shows with no problems.

Back
Top Bottom