CANADIAN "I'm going to Van" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trevster2k

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I figure since there is only one show in Canada this leg, let's find out who is going the one and only Canadian show. They will probably add a second show on Friday if it sells out instantly on Saturday so we will see. Anyway, I got a single GA.:wave:

trevster2k said:
I figure since there is only one show in Canada this leg, let's find out who is going the one and only Canadian show. They will probably add a second show on Friday if it sells out instantly on Saturday so we will see. Anyway, I got a single GA.:wave:

I got a single too...

all us singles should meet up in the morning before lining up or something :wink:

Yeah, I am going by myself because no one I know is willing to fly to Van for one event, spend all day in line and turn around the next day a go home again.

I'm such a U2 geek.:laugh:

I got 2 GA's my girlfriend and i are makeing the drive from Rocky Mtn House in Alberta. Should be a great 12hrs!

I'm staying at the Sandman which is just up the block from GM place and I hear it has a great bar and restaurant too. At least I have a place to pee while standing in line. I could charge pee fees to others in line and pay for my ticket.
:wink:

trevster2k said:
I'm staying at the Sandman which is just up the block from GM place and I hear it has a great bar and restaurant too. At least I have a place to pee while standing in line. I could charge pee fees to others in line and pay for my ticket.

Excellent bar - the Shark Club
Excellent restaurant - Moxies

You are also close to lots of shopping, theatres, clubs and bars :up:

I'm planning on being in van for the marathon sunday and am definately going though I have no ticket. i may well be on my own, but regardless would love to meet people.

I'm thinking of making a giant U2 Cardboard snack box, and bringing it to the GA lineup in the morning..

get a bunch of chips and drinks and things...

All proud Canadians can admit their country is way too big! I live in Ottawa, and until U2 come as close to me as Saskatchewan or Nova Scotia, I won't be seeing them soon! Hopefully, when U2 return to North America in the fall, I'll be able to see them in Toronto (1,2,3?), Montreal (1,2?) and Hamilton! Also, if I'm really luckily, they’ll play a show here!

But I won’t be listening, just seeing… whatever the hell that means.

Is it only me, or does Paul Martin look like he has a sever rash? I heard it’s from the polygamy.

fah said:
I'm going too :hyper:

But GM Place is only a 25 minute drive for me :up:

korczykp said:

same, I'll probably be takin' the good ol' skytrain though :p

You guys are lucky! GM Place is a three day drive for me!

Last edited:
I'm in Section 306 row 7. Coming up from Victoria (well, Saanichton but it's only twenty minutes from downtown).

trevster2k said:

Is this the place to stay? What are the rates like?

Sandman is very expensive but across street from GM place. I'm lazy so I figure after drinking at the bar after concert I just have to walk to elevator and then to room. :wink:

It's expensive because of its proximity to the concert location and of the event itself.

There are lots of hotels in the area only a few blocks from GM place.

I have no idea about where to go in Van. fah or korczykp would probably have more info. I know there is a restaurant called Moxies at my hotel and a bar called the Shark club which has video screens, dance floor, pool tables, etc. It is a block away from GM place so I will probably hang out there. But downtown Van is all pretty tight I believe.

Where the band is staying is another unknown for me but I have heard that sometimes they don't stay in the city that they just played but I'm not sure.

trevster2k said:
Where the band is staying is another unknown for me but I have heard that sometimes they don't stay in the city that they just played but I'm not sure.

They are staying in a small town outside of Vancouver that gained a reputation back in the day as being THEE place to meet up with lovers and not getting caught. Hope, BC. The home of Rambo! Remember that movie? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom