MERGED--> Kings of Leon Verdicts + How about someone give a review of Kings of Leon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Erin go bragh

The Fly
How about someone give a review of Kings of Leon

Hey I know this is a U2 site and all (no duh), but since they ARE opening for the greatest rock and roll band, how about someone who was at last nights show give us a quick blurb about the opening set with Kings. I want to know if they put on a good show.

Sorry, but as far as I'm concerned they sucked big time.

I had gone in with an open mind but was grossly disapointed. I'm not sure if there sound system is horrible but I couldn't make out even one word from the singer, not 1.

I'm not looking forward to seeing them 4 more times on this leg.

I only hope they get someone else for the 3rd leg.

Think Southern Rock meets Punk Rock with unbelievably tight pants.:huh:

ramblin rose said:
Sorry, but as far as I'm concerned they sucked big time.

I had gone in with an open mind but was grossly disapointed. I'm not sure if there sound system is horrible but I couldn't make out even one word from the singer, not 1.

I'm not looking forward to seeing them 4 more times on this leg.

I only hope they get someone else for the 3rd leg.

Think Southern Rock meets Punk Rock with unbelievably tight pants.:huh:

Well I know a little about them....have only heard their big hit right now, The Bucket, but I was hoping they'd put on a decent live show and gather a US following (they're prtty big in the UK, which is funny with them being from Nashville or Memphis I think).

So far, not a good start...hahaha! Just don't give them a review comparing to the headliner....that would be totally unfair! :up:

Mr. BAW said:
Maybe they'd never seen that many people in one place and their asses puckered.......:lol:

There's a bit of truth to that. From what I've heard, they've never played venues this large.

Well, I will add that the audience (including me) was very gracious.

Who knows maybe a lot of people liked them, I didn't though.:shrug:

saw them open for the strokes...they are awful.. i hope they choose anyone else to open the houston show.

they were terrible'. every opening act that i have ever seen who didn't utter one intelligible word has never made it. if they would have used an irish band like the Frames to open up it would have been perfect.

I can't believe you guys don't hype for Kings of the Leon. I saw them 2 weeks ago and they brought the house down. Plus Jesus plays drums for them.

Hey ramblin rose glad you gave them a chance. Too bad you didn't enjoy them as much as I did (and others).

They are suppose to be on Jay Leno tonight (Show). I've only seen them on Conan OBrien. Maybe I'll get a better idea how they sound. I didn't think they were that bad, but I've not heard them, truly, live..yet.
I know Spin magazine and Europe loves them. But these writers and I disagree often. And it's true they haven't played the magnitude of a concert like U2, ever...untill last night, that is.
Hopefully they can adjust and kick ass as the tour goes on.
:wink:

Kings of Leon were PHENOMENAL last night. I was gob-smacked, frankly. I saw them open for the Strokes in San Francisco last year, and they were impressive then, but this time they were even better.

The hype surrounding this band is well-deserved and it's obvious why Bono chose them to open. Yeah, the singer is unintelligible, but who gives a shit about lyrics? This is rock n' roll--if you want good lyrics, go read Yeats! :wink:

Easily the most talented teenaged rock band in a long, long time.

Only one of them is still a teenager, the band were 3/4's in their 20s when Holy Roller Novacaine (first EP) came out.

Great band -- seen em 5 times in clubs and they never fail to impress. Will be interesting to see how they go over in an arena but they rocked the casbah at T in the Park last year on the mainstage.

LyricalDrug said:
The hype surrounding this band is well-deserved and it's obvious why Bono chose them to open. Yeah, the singer is unintelligible, but who gives a shit about lyrics? This is rock n' roll--if you want good lyrics, go read Yeats! :wink:

let me guess, you dig Radiohead too :yawn:

I really wish they'd pick The Killers :drool:

Re: How about someone give a review of Kings of Leon

Erin go bragh said:
Hey I know this is a U2 site and all (no duh), but since they ARE opening for the greatest rock and roll band, how about someone who was at last nights show give us a quick blurb about the opening set with Kings. I want to know if they put on a good show.

Stage presence, excitement, talent, good songs. The Kings of Leon had none of that whatsoever,

Uhhh....they were really unimpressive. Aside from every song sounding the same, and their guitarist doing the same dumb solo in every song, their pants were pretty tight.

Kings of Leon Verdicts

For anyone who was there last night, how did the Kings of Leon go down. I know theres been some hostility towards them on here but i think they're awesome. Did the make a good opening act?

stargift said:
they were awful. i talked to peop[le of all age groups that were there and they all said the same thing.

I'm getting a headache just thinking about th eprospect of seeing them again. I'm going to sit in the bar and hope I don't hear them.

cardosino said:

I'm getting a headache just thinking about th eprospect of seeing them again. I'm going to sit in the bar and hope I don't hear them.

Whatever...

They weren't Radiohead, but they were better than I thought. They are going to be very rich someday. They put on a pretty good show and got a very good reaction from the crowd.

I have to agree with the sentiment in this thread. Towards the end of their set I started imagining seeing them 4 more times on this leg..:huh:

I might print out the lyrics of the songs for the next show I go to, maybe if I knew what the hell they were singing about I might like them a little more. The music itself wasn't horrible but not understanding anything that the singer said really bothered me.

Horrible and I was up front in the ellipse. I couldn't even hear what he was singing. The beats of the music was good.

However, my feet hurt and I was bored. The only thing I could think about is how the lead singer looked like an elf from the Lord of The rings and that he had no ass and his jeans kept coming down.

Oh, and that he is super skinny.

I was bored out of my mind!!

i like the KoL but i saw them play live on tv last week and they dont seem to generate much energy ...

they're using one of their songs in a new VW Jetta commercial (where the couple are dancing in an apartment and making too much noise and buy a new stereo and then buy a house)

-Molly's Chamber is the name of the song in the commercial

other "radio hits" are The Bucket and California Waiting

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I really wish they'd pick The Killers :drool:

Hot Fuss kicks ass!! The Killers is the first band in sometime that I actually am pretty excited to see where they go from here. I think maybe only one song on that album did I find difficult to get a good vibe from right off the bat. Last band I was this excited about was this group from Ireland....I think their name was U2 or something like that. :lol:

A lot of independent record stores and radio stations (KEXP in Seattle) seem to really like them so I was trying to give them a chance. I thought they were decent, but I definitely wasn't blown away by them. I also heard Interpol is quite underwhelming live.

I think the only opening band that has wowed me to the point of wanting to buy/explore further has been Jurassic 5.

Greatly disappointed in them. I would pull them from the tour and try to get fresher acts in like europe has. Can't compare to Snow Patrol, The Killers, Keane, etc. Hope the fall leg has better support.

The chant i heard around my section varied between "you suck" and "get off the stage".

Back
Top Bottom