April 9, HP Pavilion in San Jose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After reading this I felt a little bad because the whole audience (myself included) clapped during RTSS on night two of the San Jose shows. He didn't say anything that night, however.

-Miggy

Miggy D said:
After reading this I felt a little bad because the whole audience (myself included) clapped during RTSS on night two of the San Jose shows. He didn't say anything that night, however.

-Miggy

Yeah, but fortunately it stopped quickly. Just an odd song to clap to. Like clapping to Amazing Grace.

Re: Article Snippet from San Jose 1 Review. Opinions Wanted!

Miggy D said:
Significant exclusions included "Bad," "Two Hearts Beat as One," "With or Without You" and, really, too many others to mention.

Thoughts?

Significant exclusions:

Two Hearts Beat as One? What was the last show this guy went to?

I wonder if this is the same poster who's been babbling about them leaving out BAD, UTEOTW, WALK ON AND WOWY.:huh:

That's a really weird review - looks like he's only throwing in a couple positive things so he doesn't sound overly negative. But the things he chooses to harp on are just plain odd. I thought Miracle Drug was outstanding, and listening again to the mp3, Bono actually sounded better that night than on the album recording!

As for Two Hearts Beat As One being a significant exclusion, get real. :rolleyes: When's the last time they played that song live?

"Freedom has a scent . .. ." is hands down one my all-time favorite lines simply because its over-the-top sappy corn is wholly believable from the B-man. And this works from a band that always transcends the syrupy goopy gook through sheer musical transcendence and brilliance. " . . . like the top of a newborn baby's head" indeed.
love, Anu

Miggy D said:

-Miggy

I was there both nights and I was mildly surprised when Bono told the crowd to stop clapping the first night. I honestly think I might have started it all btw, lol. I was definitely an early and enthusiastic clapper.

He didn't mean to be cross, he just wanted a mellower mood, is all.

I know I've heard other U2 audiences clap to that song on bootlegs though... ah well.

I have seen U2 19 times since the War Tour.

SJ 2 was the best U2 show I have seen since ZooTV in Munich, '92.

Back
Top Bottom