Which Third Leg Venue has the smallest capacity?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clerks

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Which arena is the smallest in the number of people it can hold. I'm thinking Hartford, CT which I think holds 16,500.

I'm thinking, smaller the place, best place to by GA's for show as less people on floor.

no?

I think Omaha is smaller than Hartford, I read somewhere that it's 15,500....but I don't know if that was for a concert or another sort of event.
I don't know about Pittsburgh.
On Elevation, I'm pretty sure the smallest was Providence, which couldn't have been much more than 10,000.

I believe the smallest venue for the fall leg is the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas, which holds somewhere between 12,000-13,000.

clerks said:
Which arena is the smallest in the number of people it can hold. I'm thinking Hartford, CT which I think holds 16,500.

I'm thinking, smaller the place, best place to by GA's for show as less people on floor.

no?

The Hartford Civic Center is an arena built for hockey, so the fixed sections are in the same place as in any other hockey arena and the floor is the same size as the floor at any hockey arena. The thing that keeps the capacity down there is that the upper corner sections are not full size like in other arenas.

So I would think the fire codes for Hartford would allow the same number of standing tickets to be sold as at any other hockey size arena. MGM looks like a smaller floor. In general, depending on configuration, you typically have smaller floors at arenas that were built to be basketball only and thus have the fixed seats built down to the floor in basketball configuration -- I think the America West arena in Phoenix is like this, as is the Key Arena in Seattle and perhaps the Delta Center in Salt Lake. Maybe the Worcester Centrum. But it appears that virtually all of the 3d leg stops are hockey buildings.

You lucky Americans.... :wink:
Being able to see U2 in a 12.000 capacity venue is like having them in your living room.....
You guys enjoy the show in Fall...

Providence definitly had to be the smallest of the third leg Elevation venues. Those were great concerts though, it was cool seeing them there. Did it even hold 10000? Im not even sure it held that many.

Halup said:
I believe the smallest venue for the fall leg is the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas, which holds somewhere between 12,000-13,000.

The MGM seats 15,000 to 17,000 for concerts (similar size to the San Diego Sports Arena)

wtonis said:
You lucky Americans.... :wink:
Being able to see U2 in a 12.000 capacity venue is like having them in your living room.....
You guys enjoy the show in Fall...

You lucky Europeans.... :wink:
Being able to see U2 in a 60,000 capacity venue is like bigger than anything I can imagine. I like the intimacy of the arena shows, don't get me wrong. But I just wanna know what it's like to see U2 in a stadium.

I'd love to see them in a small arena or better, at my grandfather's backyard. I just hope to see them somewhere next year in SouthAmerica.
To say lucky me: how 'bout watching three 60,000 shows in a row (friday, saturday, sunday)? that's what I call a nice weekend (Buenos Aires, feb 5, 6 &7 , 1998).

StlElevation said:
Providence definitly had to be the smallest of the third leg Elevation venues. Those were great concerts though, it was cool seeing them there. Did it even hold 10000? Im not even sure it held that many.

Providence had 26,575 over two nights, October 30, 31.(this is the official figure from AMUSEMENT BUSINESS) So that means the arena can hold about 13,288 people.

The smallest venue so far on the Vertigo Tour has been the San Diego Sports Arena. U2 played to 29,140 people over two nights. This means there were 14,570 people per night at the two soldout shows. So far the San Diego Arena has been the smallest venue the band has played on this tour.

The Largest venue the band has played so far has been Croke Park in Dublin. Total attendance for all 3 nights was "246,743"! That works out to 82,247 people per night. The GROSS figure from ticket sales for all 3 shows was $21,163,695 !

But the figures have not come in for Spain yet, and there is a rumor that one of the shows down there might have as many as 90,000 people.

raft said:
I'd love to see them in a small arena or better, at my grandfather's backyard. I just hope to see them somewhere next year in SouthAmerica.
To say lucky me: how 'bout watching three 60,000 shows in a row (friday, saturday, sunday)? that's what I call a nice weekend (Buenos Aires, feb 5, 6 &7 , 1998).

Albany's Pepsi Arena had to be smaller than Providence.... not sure what the numbers were though.

Back
Top Bottom