What will the third leg dates be? (roughly)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Anyone have an idea what the general dates (even just the months) that the third leg shows would fall on? Thanks for the help.

You might see larger markets sprinkled in among more regional coverage in smaller markets.

Like this:

New York
Pittsburgh
Charlotte,NC
Atlanta
Lexington
etc,

Alot depends on what kind of venue they play too:stadiums, arenas,etc.

You might see shows in Iowa, Portland(maybe) Salt Lake City, etc.

Last edited:
I have a hard time seeing an April announcement -- if they are scheduled to end in Lisbon on Aug. 14, that puts them back to North America around early September. April to September is a big gap.

At this point, I've lost faith that smaller markets will get shows. Less cost and hassle to play a series of shows in major markets that draw regionally. With the exception of major Texas markets, I have a bad feeling that they will skip the middle third of the USA -- no St. Lous, Minneapolis, Kansas City.

My guess:
Florida
More major east coast cities, i.e. D.C
Texas cities
Then back over to the West coast

I'm hopeul, and simultaneously doubtful, that the Warren Buffett / Bono connection brings them to the new arena in Omaha.

BWU2Buffs said:
At this point, I've lost faith that smaller markets will get shows. Less cost and hassle to play a series of shows in major markets that draw regionally. With the exception of major Texas markets, I have a bad feeling that they will skip the middle third of the USA -- no St. Lous, Minneapolis, Kansas City.

I certainly hope that's not true. I was counting on them coming to Minneapolis on the 3rd leg. That's why I didn't try to get tickets for the first leg.

I don't think they've ever played Omaha, even in their early days.

I'd love to see them spread out and play middle America more, but alot depends on how large and expensive the production is.

If it's big and costly, don't count on it.

I wouldn't count out third leg arena shows for places like SLC, Indianapolis, Milwaukee, Lexington, Charlotte, Atlanta, Minneapolis/St.Paul, etc.

They might balance those arena shows with stadium shows in the larger markets.

I wish they'd play Memphis or Nashville. As much as they admire those cities and the music history behind them, they should play there. Haven't played close to Nashville(Mufreesboro) since the JT third leg.

Last edited:
I really hope they come to Miami!!! They would wouldn't they, i mean they were going to start here! I can't wait till these dates are announced. I hope its soon.

ah here's where they'll play

NYC- MSG 18 shows
Boston- 6 shows
Toronto- 5 shows
Chicago- 24 shows
Los Angeles- 20 shows

That's the 3rd leg

Dr_Macphisto said:
ah here's where they'll play

NYC- MSG 18 shows
Boston- 6 shows
Toronto- 5 shows
Chicago- 24 shows
Los Angeles- 20 shows

That's the 3rd leg

Whoa! Where did you get this from? Playing 6 shows in Boston on the third leg is excessive but I'm not complaining! lol

Let's think about this. Combine the likely dates for the fall with the dates that will carry over from the cancelled spring shows.

New York - 8 Shows (I guarantee)
Boston- 4 Shows
Phili- 2 shows
D.C.- 2 shows
Hartford
Albany
Buffalo
Montreal- 2 Shows
Toronto- 4 Shows
CHicago- 2 Shows
Miami- 2 Show
Atlanta- 2 Show
Detroit
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
St. Louis or Kansas City, but not both
Minneapolis
Milwaukee
Houston (either houston or dallas will have 2 shows)
Dallas
Los Angeles 4 Shows
San Francisco 2 shows
Las Vegas
SLC
Sacramento
Portland ?
Calgary or Edmonton (2 Shows)

Last edited:
At least 10 shows in New York and 3 shows in D.C.

Unless they do stadiums, which they might as well, based on the impressive demand for this first leg.

Dr MacPhisto, lol!

They'd save alot on travel expenses. :drool:

If they do a third leg No. America, Miami will be there. Multiple stands if it's arena,IMHO.

and on the 3rd leg, they will start filming shows for a major theatrical release. It will be a musical journey. Bono & Edge will go down to Compton and record a hip hop version of One Step Closer with a rap group. The whole band will visit the Neverland Ranch and Bono will ask the tour guide to please let Larry sit in the Rolls Royce golf cart cause "you dont know what Ez-E-Go means to this man". The will close the tour with two huge shows at the Nevada Test Site that will be filmed for the movie. But tickets will be $500 this time and not $5.00

DrMacphisto, do you know for sure about the Calgary/Edmonton shows? Or is it all just speculation? I know it's still months away, but the suspense is killing me... I wanna know if they'll come to Edmonton (oh pleaseohpleaseohplease) or will I have to go to Calgary?

St. Louis or Kansas City, but not both

IMHO Kansas City will not get a date -- Kemper is old, and I'm betting with my heart, and not my head, that Omaha will collect a date for several reasons:

One, brand new arena.
Two, regional draw, four Big 12 universities within 3 to 4 hours
Three, Kansas City people can drive here in 2 hours and change (heck, we go that direction all the time)
Finally, we have Warrent Buffet -- one of Bono's best buddies who has helped Bono with various causes, and he happens to be very wealthy, and very well spoken. FYI, Bono sang at a recent funeral for a Buffett family member.

OK, I'll get off the pipe now.

They cannot avoid the south entirely, again! I love the idea of seeing them in Nashville, Knoxville, or Asheville. But with the Kings of Leon from Nashville, you'd think they'd come here, but no, and so I am driving or flying to Chicago at much personal expense (first the money, and then my family, who think I am crazy--:| )...

They have never played Omaha. If they leave KC out it is a slight possibility. Never say never. They did play Columbus,OH last time after a long absence.

U2girlcj, they last played New Orleans back in '82 on an old steamboat. During Joshua Tree, they played in Baton Rouge.

You never know.

They have played the Nashville market before.....during the JT tour when they stopped at Mufreesboro and played the Murphy Athletic.

They might do so again. They need to reconnect with the rural american markets again.

Roland, if they play Vancouver first leg, then they'll likely play down the U.S. west coast in the fall, possibly Portland....and play Calgary or Edmonton.

We'll just have to wait and see. :drool:

Last edited:
u2 3rd leg

return trips to
san diego
los angeles
anaheim
new york
east rutherford
boston
chicago and philly
plus
las vegas
salt lake city
portland
dallas
kansas city
pittsburgh
columbus
cleveland
washington dc
toronto
montral
miami
tampa
atlanta
houston
st louis
indianapolis
charlotte
oakland
milwaukee
hartford
buffalo
allbany

It's all a guess until probably July but the best thing to do is go back to that original itinerary that was leaked back on December 21st, prior to the changes necessitated by Edge's family illness. Originally, the North American portion of the fall leg was to have run from Sept 16 to Nov 10. To make room for the cities left off the first leg, I think it's very likely Japan and Australia will be pushed back to January and the US leg could be expanded to last 3 months.

In looking at that original list, these cities were listed and are not being played on first leg:

Toronto, ON
Minneapolis, MN
Milwaukee, WI
Cleveland, OH
Washington, DC
Pittsburgh, PA
Auburn Hills, MI
Houston, TX
Dallas, TX
Las Vegas, NV
Albany, NY possible addition
Sacramento, CA possible addition

Returns to cities on first leg:

Chicago, IL
Boston, MA
New York, NY
Philadelphia, PA
Anaheim, CA/Los Angeles, CA
San Jose, CA

You can then add in the cities intended for the first leg but skipped:

Miami, FL
Tampa, FL
Atlanta, GA
Hartford, CT
Buffalo, NY
Montreal, QC

I think that should give you a fairly realistic set of cities to expect to be played on the third leg, with of course the possibility of other cities being added, the way that cities like St Louis and Kansas City were added to the end of the Elevation fall leg, after it was originally going to end on 11/19/01 in Los Angeles.

Back
Top Bottom