Hawaii, April 8th - Aloha Stadium! - Part XV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carek1230 said:
I don't understand what's taking so long to announce new dates. Realizing the undertaking of logistics, but it doesn't seem it would take this long to get everything in place. You'd think that work could be communicated via email, fax, text and phone. I am getting frustrated.

I hope it's not the case, but it could be that the family member with the illness is still in an uncertain condition. As much as I want to know the rescheduled dates, I try to remember the reason the concerts were postponed in the first place. It could be just logistics, but maybe they don't know when they can go back on tour yet. I'm sending my thoughts to all the boys and their families.

I agree that the new dates probably won't be announced until later this year. The personal situation is probably still uncertain so they are unable to commit to the new dates. I figure sometime around June or so.

bfloxng said:
If it continues to rain in Hawaii I am going to jump out of a window.

If you do it in Hawaii, you will probably land in a huge puddle so don't worry. Did you hear about the sewage leak into the Al Wai canal? It seems they have a huge pipe problem and are pumping sewage into the canal that runs along Waikiki. They hope to have the problem fixed in 4-7 days. Man, this trip is cursed for us. No U2 show, rain and runoff which hopefully will end soon, and now this which again will be fixed before we arrive.

Even so I don't think I will be getting in the water at Waikiki beach. The canal empties just up the shore from those waters. Some of that raw sewage will find it's way to the beach.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060328/NEWS01/603280358/1001/NEWS

Last edited:
trevster2k said:

If you do it in Hawaii, you will probably land in a huge puddle so don't worry. Did you hear about the sewage leak into the Al Wai canal? It seems they have a huge pipe problem and are pumping sewage into the canal that runs along Waikiki. They hope to have the problem fixed in 4-7 days. Man, this trip is cursed for us. No U2 show, rain and runoff which hopefully will end soon, and now this which again will be fixed before we arrive.

Even so I don't think I will be getting in the water at Waikiki beach. The canal empties just up the shore from those waters. Some of that raw sewage will find it's way to the beach.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060328/NEWS01/603280358/1001/NEWS

Well, since my flight arrangements are via a night in Vegas before and after Hawaii, perhaps I'll just keep my ass in Vegas for 6 days and enjoy a week of pools, sun, gambling, and general debauchery.
:hmm:

(Kind of like living life at home, only abroad)

Yeah, I was trying to figure out what was so different from your regular life as I was reading that...

So I can close your little rain thread now?

:crack:

I hate it when YOU make me work :madwife:

faithingrace said:
Calling Expedia to cancel today. :sad: I'm going to rebook for December, with or without a concert. I've given up hope for any new dates anytime soon.

Alas, I didn't make the call, I have until next Tuesday at 12pm, but I just looked at some dates in Dec. and the price was about $300 per person more and many of the hotels are already booked up. :mad: I don't know what to do. If we go next week I give up all chance of seeing them later on. But if the concert isn't over Thanksgiving break or Christmas Break then I won't be able to go anyway and I lose out on a vacation and concert. I am driving my poor hubby crazy...one day I am cancelling, the next I am justifying going next week. Tick tock, tick tock... and don't even get me started on the rain and sewage!

u2forlife said:
:hug: I'm with you on that. My airline IS GOING to charge me $100 once I rebook my ticket which has to be before January of 2007. Hopefully, U2 will complete their tour by then. Lila, I need your "fingers crossed" smiley :)

Flavia hon, I'm sorry to hear about all the problems you guys are having with your ticket. Sorry I haven't been able to help out one bit either :sad:

Thanks babe. I know it sucks, but there´s nothing else I can do, so I have moved to the resignation stage. LOL

All I can do now is plan a bank raid so I can fly from Argentina to Hawaii in December. :shifty: :wink:

I'm really amazed at the crap luck people seem to have with their airlines.

I'm using frequent flyer miles on Continental Airlines and I can cancel my travel dates but keep the ticket open for up to a year from the time of purchase. Or I can redeposit my miles. In either case I'm only charged a $50 change fee and that's it.

I was supposed to see U2 in Japan and I'm just going to cancel those dates but keep the ticket open and book again when I find out when the new dates will be.

I don't know how I got so lucky. Especially with Continental who usually treats us poor islanders like slaves since they are virtually the only airline to service Micronesia.

ATA.com told me they would not waive fees for U2ers because they decided they had to treat everyoone equally. However, I decided to shorten my trip and, with the change, the costs came out to be less even with the $50 per ticket change fee.
I lucked out, but airlines suck.

Pretty much the same news:

The DJ on KPOI 105.9 just mentioned that Bono announced that they'd be back in Hawaii before the end of the year and that those already holding tickets would get first pick of the rescheduled tickets. You'd think so, but maybe because of the stadium's configuration at that time, some seats will be different. The DJ said that this was posted on U2.com, but I didn't see it when I looked.

better late than never u24life, right?
crossfingers.gif

someone message U2 - tell them they can play in my backyard anytime, but interferencers only. There's only so much room :wink:

maycocksean said:
I'm really amazed at the crap luck people seem to have with their airlines.

I'm using frequent flyer miles on Continental Airlines and I can cancel my travel dates but keep the ticket open for up to a year from the time of purchase. Or I can redeposit my miles. In either case I'm only charged a $50 change fee and that's it.

I was supposed to see U2 in Japan and I'm just going to cancel those dates but keep the ticket open and book again when I find out when the new dates will be.

I don't know how I got so lucky. Especially with Continental who usually treats us poor islanders like slaves since they are virtually the only airline to service Micronesia.

That's pretty much my scenario with American (also a freq. flyer ticket), except they will charge $100. A twist though is if I just change the date but keep the routings (JFK-LAX-HNL and HNL-DFW-LGA return), I could avoid any charge. But only if I can rebook by Wednesday, otherwise I'll have to pay the $100.

Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!

I mean, if I went 'round saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom