Bono in pain during Toronto 3...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2wedge

New Yorker
Did anyone else see Bono stretching out during the first few songs of the show on Friday night? It almost looked like he was trying to pop his hip or something... Then on his first return from the ellipse, he had to go down the side stairs one step at a time while holding the railing....

Things must have loosened up though, because he did the rest of the show pretty much 100%. Just struck me he was stuggling so much with some sort of injury.... wondered if that was contributing to the shorter setlists, especially Toronto 2....

Anyone else notice this?

He's got a bad back, so that might've been it.

Or he's feeling the pain from the drumstick in the face on the second Katrina concert...:wink:

probably was Bono's back acting up again :(

I'm really starting to feel for those guys and all the effort they put in their concerts.

It's probably starting to take a toll on more than Bono (we all know Larry has been in and out of pain for awhile).

I wish them all well. :yes:

kellyahern said:

Thank goodness the sunglasses double as safety goggles :up: :wink:

Oh poor kid -- both for his back and for the accident with the drumstick (BTW, how it happened??)

Hope he'll feel better soon!!

Bono, need a massage? I am REALLY good at it!

lady luck said:

Oh poor kid -- both for his back and for the accident with the drumstick (BTW, how it happened??)

Well, there's no official word of the drumstick in the face, but I swear that's what it looks like. I'm not sure if vh1.com still hast he video clips up from the show, but I think someone had a ysi of it posted here. If you look closely at the end of the song, Bono throws the sticks onto the drum. You see one fall immediately. The other one looks like it flies up and hits him in the face--he even seems to flinch a little--and then falls a second or two after the first one did. Just my own little observation..but I think a few other people here noticed it, too. Poor guy!

The next tour just might be sponsored by Tylenol!

Yep, one hits him in the face, but he doesnt really react he just walks backwards long enough for the camera to pan away.

i definately noticed, i actually was a little worried when i saw the ramp thing, becaus ethat was fairly early in the show.
he certainly did loosen up quite a bit and i never thought about it again

how heavy are the lights? does he pick one up at every show and shine it around?? If they are heavy then he seemed fine at TO IV, would hate for him to stop doing that stuff.

Bono has been struggling with his back since the start of the 2nd leg he had to be lifted into the car at Cardiff after the gig as he couldn't move!
Poor baby!!

but yet he still managers to chase the edge during UTEOTW, or do some weaird moves during the electric co solo,

p.s. for people wondering what i mean about the electric co solo, i belive there was a small sample vid knocking about from the toronto shows i belive, where bono is seen throwing his back into all kinds of positions ala bono of the 80's

Back
Top Bottom