Australia - The Desperate And Dateless Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
timothius said:

Front Row, GA, with a sign "Line Dancing Lessons Here Bono". :wink:

LOL my mums not that old so i dont realy have a problem. she can come party with me!

bono_man2002 said:
Are there any hotels near Telstra Stadium?, thats all I need to work out...Sydney and Adelaide Hotels.

There is a hotel literally right next door to Telstra Stadium, it's a Novotel (check their site). I'm sure they will suitably bump the prices, but on the plus side you could lie in bed, open the windows and listen to the soundcheck. There are probably others in the area, if not, Parramatta is close by with several choices, but I wouldn't recommend Parra to my worst enemy. Special transport will be put on between the Stadium and the CBD, so anywhere is 'close' in reality, plus you'll have the fun of singing along with drunken U2 fans on the train on the way to/from.

Whilst i'm working everything out............Do we know if there are second dates planned in Melbourne and Sydney?, and anywhere else for that matter?

Earnie Shavers said:
Interesting you should ask, I asked about that today... but I don't have an answer, except to say support BANDS not band.

I'm not surprised, as they had two support bands at most (all?) European gigs. I hope we don't get crappy bands, though.

Then again, knowing me, I'm likely to think almost anything is 'crappy'. I'll start hoping and praying that Bono has suddenly become a huge Porcupine Tree fan.

well silverchair are starting a new cd again and they've been saying that they're going to road test a few of them ... i wonder if silverchair would open for U2 ... i wouldn't mind silverchair actually, they've got a few pretty cool songs ... powderfinger is maybe a longshot ... INXS, i don't know it'd seem like a bit of a slap in the face to them i think ... wolfmother maybe ... as much as i hate them jet might play it :sad: I HATE JET ... eskimo joe are another band who i think would be really good, they were pretty good when i saw them live ... i want TISM but i don't think it would ever happen ... i really think they'll use Australian bands though ... although have the killers been to Australia cause they've sold well over here and if they haven't they could come ... i'd love to see the killers live (sorry axver but your wrong about them :madspit:)

Last edited:
The group is currently working up lots of new material which has been written over the last two years. They plan to take a short break over Christmas and then do more rehearsals through early 2006. Following this they will ‘road test’ some of the new music by doing a few Australian shows. The first of these to be announced is a special appearance in Adelaide on Friday March 24 during the Clipsal 500 event. More information about another show or two will be released over coming months.

just read that about silverchair which confirms that around march is the time they're planning on doing some shows.

bono_man2002 said:
Are there any hotels near Telstra Stadium?, thats all I need to work out...Sydney and Adelaide Hotels.

stay with me??? i'm not an axe murderer. but you're welcome if you wish.... do you like beer?

sokki said:

stay with me??? i'm not an axe murderer. but you're welcome if you wish.... do you like beer?

Thanks for the offer.
I'm not much of a beer drinker....(though I dont mind the occasional scotch and coke :drool:)

I'll have a think about things and put your place in the maybe pile :)

I never have and never will understand TISM and why they are even remotely appreciated by anyone.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers were due to release an album in January and immediately hit the road in Australia (including headlining the BDO), but the album release has been knocked back to March. If they are still keen on a few Australian gigs to road test the stuff as soon as it's released, I know 100,000 people in Sydney who will be happy to have a listen....

My bet, local 'party' band first up, major act either local or international second.

Axver said:
I'm not familiar with this TISM you speak of.

They are some Victorian comedy/rock/parody group. They aren't as much funny as they are unbelievably smutty/bizzare.

They have a song, no joke, called:

I Rooted A Girl, Who Rooted A Guy, Who Rooted A Girl, Who Rooted A Guy, Who Rooted A Girl, Who Rooted A Guy, Who Rooted A Girl Who Rooted Shane Crawford. :lol:

timothius said:

They are some Victorian comedy/rock/parody group. They aren't as much funny as they are unbelievably smutty/bizzare.

They have a song, no joke, called:

I Rooted A Girl, Who Rooted A Guy, Who Rooted A Girl, Who Rooted A Guy, Who Rooted A Girl, Who Rooted A Guy, Who Rooted A Girl Who Rooted Shane Crawford. :lol:

That deserves both a WTF? and a :lmao:

reptile said:

we must all congregate over drinks (exeter hotel?)

reptile where do you live?

i'm hoping to find somebody... ANYBODY to go to these concerts with... even if it is just adelaide... hopefully... people at work wanna go with me but only because they think it'll be 'cool'... they probably couldn't even name the band members.

i live at port adelaide, btw.

are you hoping to go interstate? i'm hell worried about tickets... not to mention staying somewhere.... but my idea is to just get really pissed and camp... somewhere.... who cares when you're pissed anyway... hehehe... my mum's worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom