Australia - The Desperate And Dateless Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
janneane said:
We might not be dates less for much longer !!

Have just been reading the general section of subscriber forum on U2 com and there is a thread there that says

TOUR ANNOUNCEMENT ON SUNDAY

apparently in Herald Sun in Melbourne and the Advertiser(not sure which state this paper is from).

oh fuck SUNDAY!!!! dont beLIEve it............blueyedgirl, i will let u know anything i hear, but as u are off to melb (is that right) u will probably hear same things i do maybe sooner????

I'm wondering if they mean Sunday in Ireland where the website is run, or Sunday in Australia... if it's the former, then the news would break Sunday NIGHT in time for Monday's papers.
The Advertiser is a South Australian paper but there is no issue on Sunday.

Guys ,
One of my good friends in music industry here just text me to say that dates will be exclusively revealed in australian Sunday papers ........and that they're definetly playing adelaide and probably perth too !!!!

This Sunday hey...

I wonder if anything might leak out between now and then. Maybe sometime might even leak out today!

I might try to contact the Sunday Mail or something, but they are pretty lazy at getting back to you.

I really wish they were doing us before South America. Australian crowds will be such a let down for them after the mad South Americans.

celticbhoy said:
Guys ,
One of my good friends in music industry here just text me to say that dates will be exclusively revealed in australian Sunday papers ........and that they're definetly playing adelaide and probably perth too !!!!

ADELAIDE!!!??? PLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEE!
Thats the first Adelaide rumour i have heard:ohmy:

celticbhoy said:
Guys ,

Woah, awesome!

I can't wait for the announcement. :drool:

Tomorrow and the rest of today are going to be awfully tense.

That would be right. I guess ticketek would like to sell all their Coldplay tickets and then have the announcement for U2.

Crosses fingers for Perth, though happy to go east if I have too.

i just rang JB Hi Fi in Brisbane (Kedron store) and they are selling the new DVD now if anyone is nearby. Im going as soon as I get away from work!

Which would be more likely, Lang Park or ANZ Stadium? I believe puppy said ANZ isn't used, but Lang has its noise restrictions.

Question for everyone (or at least those [planning on] going to Sydney): how do you feel about Telstra Stadium as the venue?

If it's making use of the full stadium, that will be 100,000 people or more, and you'd better pray you get your tickets quick. It would be incredible in one sense (100,000 people singing along). They could of course play a couple of nights there, and use half the stadium, put the stage halfway or a third of the way up the field or even sideways. Would have far preferred the SuperDome.

I forgot to post that I received this from the QLD Parliamentary Secretary this week after emailing The Premier, asking for support to bring U2 to Suncorp Stadium. This was his reply:

Mr Brett C

Thank you for your email to the Premier and Treasurer of 7 August 2005 in which you make enquiries concerning a proposed U2 tour of Australia and the potential for the band to play at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane.

As Parliamentary Secretary to the Premier and Treasurer, I have been requested by the Premier to reply on his behalf.

It is a matter of public record that the Development Application which approved redevelopment of Suncorp Stadium included a condition which stated “the development is not to be used for any other purpose including in particular major concert, cultural or religious events and the like.”

Equally, the public record shows that during the passage of the relevant legislation through the Queensland Parliament, the then Minister for Sport stated that concerts would not take place at Suncorp Stadium.

In any case, you might be aware that Suncorp Stadium is now the home ground for the Brisbane Broncos National Rugby League team, the Queensland Roar Football Club and the Queensland Reds rugby union team for Super 14 matches. This circumscribes the availability of the stadium, given the time needed for construction and deconstruction of major concert stages and associated infrastructure.

If Queensland were to be denied major concert events for lack of a suitable venue, then this would be a matter that would be the subject of further inquiry.

I trust this information is of assistance.

Yours sincerely

ANDREW FRASER MP
PARLIAMENTARY SECRETARY TO THE
PREMIER AND TREASURER

Last edited:
Well, that would rather conclusively rule out Lang Park unless something's gone on behind closed doors and not leaked, wouldn't it?

... They could play at Carrara! :hyper: :lol:

The Vertigo//2006 4th Leg Rumours So Far:
12 Feb 2006 - Monterrey
15 Feb 2006 - México City, Estádio Foro Sol
16 Feb 2006 - México City, Estádio Foro Sol
20 Feb 2006 - São Paulo, Estádio Cicero Pompeu de Toledo/Morumbi
21 Feb 2006 - São Paulo, Estádio Cicero Pompeu de Toledo/Morumbi
22 Feb 2006 - Rio de Janeiro
26 Feb 2006 - Santiago, Estádio Nacional of Santiago de Chile
01 Mar 2006 - Buenos Aires, Estádio Antonio Vespucio Liberti/El Monumental/Estádio River Plate
02 Mar 2006 - Buenos Aires, Estádio Antonio Vespucio Liberti/El Monumental/Estádio River Plate
16 or 18 Mar 2006 - Auckland, Western Springs Stadium
17 Mar 2006 - Auckland, Western Springs Stadium
24 Mar 2006 - Melbourne, Telstra Dome
25 Mar 2006 - Melbourne, Telstra Dome
31 Mar 2006 - Sydney

Also Rumoured:
¿¿ Mar 2006 - San José, Estádio Ricardo Saprissa
¿¿ ¿¿¿ 2006 - Lima
?? ??? 2006 - Brisbane
?? ??? 2006 - Tokyo

Vaguely Possible:
?? ??? 2006 - Wellington
?? ??? 2006 - Perth, Burswood Dome
?? ??? 2006 - Adelaide

:hyper:

Last edited:
What do you think the odds are of a DVD recording in Oz?

Vertigo Downunder Re-Visited?

They have the perfect opportunity to wipe all fears of poor visuals due to Milans daytime shows, that Sydney stadium crowd is going to be completly MENTAL - and they have learnt so much from legs one, two and three to have another go and be spot on?

I can't help but feel we have a chance for some reason?

I can feel it in me waters kimmy! :wink:

Cancel that opinion after reading the latest news. They have been showing the Milan recording on US 60 Minutes...

Oh well..:|

The rumours are Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney, :scream:

No Perth :scream:

Shag On A Rock said:
The Vertigo//2006 4th Leg Rumours So Far:
12 Feb 2006 - Monterrey
15 Feb 2006 - México City, Estádio Foro Sol
16 Feb 2006 - México City, Estádio Foro Sol
20 Feb 2006 - São Paulo, Estádio Cicero Pompeu de Toledo/Morumbi
21 Feb 2006 - São Paulo, Estádio Cicero Pompeu de Toledo/Morumbi
22 Feb 2006 - Rio de Janeiro
26 Feb 2006 - Santiago, Estádio Nacional of Santiago de Chile
01 Mar 2006 - Buenos Aires, Estádio Antonio Vespucio Liberti/El Monumental/Estádio River Plate
02 Mar 2006 - Buenos Aires, Estádio Antonio Vespucio Liberti/El Monumental/Estádio River Plate
16 or 18 Mar 2006 - Auckland, Western Springs Stadium
17 Mar 2006 - Auckland, Western Springs Stadium
?? ??? 2006 - Brisbane
24 Mar 2006 - Melbourne, Telstra Dome
25 Mar 2006 - Melbourne, Telstra Dome
?? ??? 2006 - Adelaide
31 Mar 2006 - Sydney

Also Rumoured:
¿¿ Mar 2006 - San José, Estádio Ricardo Saprissa
¿¿ ¿¿¿ 2006 - Lima
?? ??? 2006 - Tokyo

Vaguely Possible: