Australia/NZ - We Have Dates, But Still Desperate Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A note to AchtungU2aus: I've definitely got a ticket to 01/04 Sydney, so I no longer wish to buy your spare. I'm sure that if you don't know someone else who wants it, you'll find someone by just advertising it here and on other fan sites.

neilm said:

Just out of interest Axver, when did you go to Rebel Sports on the Gold Coast? I was going to head up there this week to pick up my tickets because the girl on the phone told me it would be no problem.

Did they say why they couldn't print them? Was there just a problem at that time? They are an official Ticketmaster outlet so this procedure should be simple.

Let me know if you can because I'll go to Southport or something otherwise.

Hm, I think I went around early January. Definitely during January sometime. They said they couldn't print my Brisbane ticket because it was bought in the presale and had to be picked up on the day, as this is an anti-scalping measure.

Are your tickets from the presale? If so, let me know how you get on and I'll track down my nearest TM outlet here in St Lucia and see if I can get my ticket.

Also, anyone know what's the best public transport from St Lucia/UQ to the gig?

:help: :help: :help:
This is maybe a bit offtopic in this thread but please tell everybody:

On St: Patricks Day the Kiwi fans want to start a huge Irish Party at the Auckland Concert.

If you can afford it please bring 100 Irish coloured (white, orange, green) balloons with you and pass them around. As soon as the concert starts, blow them up and push them into the air.

Please don't let them down. They really want to have a great Party.

Everybody will meet at the Pub "The Muddy Farmer" after the concert.

Axver said:
A note to AchtungU2aus: I've definitely got a ticket to 01/04 Sydney, so I no longer wish to buy your spare. I'm sure that if you don't know someone else who wants it, you'll find someone by just advertising it here and on other fan sites.

Hm, I think I went around early January. Definitely during January sometime. They said they couldn't print my Brisbane ticket because it was bought in the presale and had to be picked up on the day, as this is an anti-scalping measure.

Are your tickets from the presale? If so, let me know how you get on and I'll track down my nearest TM outlet here in St Lucia and see if I can get my ticket.

Also, anyone know what's the best public transport from St Lucia/UQ to the gig?

Cheers Axver - the girl I spoke to at Ticketmaster yesterday said even though it was purchased in pre-sale I should still be able to collect them, so I may give them another call and see what they say this time. If I do manage to get them at Rebel, I'll let you know immediately.

Hi Axver

Unfortunately the girl got it wrong. On the day venue pick up only for all pre-sale tickets.....the card used to purchase and photo id required at time of pick up.

neilm said:
Hi Axver

Unfortunately the girl got it wrong. On the day venue pick up only for all pre-sale tickets.....the card used to purchase and photo id required at time of pick up.

Damn. Then I wonder how imogen got hers? Imogen, what Ticketmaster outlet did you go to?

I'm tempted to find out where TM's Brisbane headquarters are located and see if they'll print it for me there.

Axver said:

Damn. Then I wonder how imogen got hers? Imogen, what Ticketmaster outlet did you go to?

I'm tempted to find out where TM's Brisbane headquarters are located and see if they'll print it for me there.

Imogen got hers...?......then it must be possible for them to print them then.

Keep me updated Axver because queuing up for the tickets at the pick up booth on the day is nothing short of a pain in the ass. If I find out anything this end, I'll let you know

neilm said:

Imogen got hers...?......then it must be possible for them to print them then.

Keep me updated Axver because queuing up for the tickets at the pick up booth on the day is nothing short of a pain in the ass. If I find out anything this end, I'll let you know

Yeah, imogen got hers:

At least I found out today that I can pick up my presale tickets before concert day [...] I rang ticketmaster and they said to take the credit card the tickets were purchased on, photo ID, and my order confirmation (I purchased over the net in the pre sale) to any Ticketmaster outlet.

I did that today and now have the hot little tickets in my hand. I feel so much better. That whole collect them on the day thing just didn't feel right.

So I wonder how she did it when both you and I failed. I'll see if I can somehow figure things out up here ... maybe they'll print them early for us at the TM QLD headquarters or the venue?

Axver said:

So I wonder how she did it when both you and I failed. I'll see if I can somehow figure things out up here ... maybe they'll print them early for us at the TM QLD headquarters or the venue?

Yes, baffles me too. Did Imogen definately get pre sale tickets through the U2.com pin number? If so, I would imagine that the person who printed them out for her didn't know that they were not supposed to. Mind you, I've now been told two different things by Ticketmaster - the same thing Imogen was told and then yesterday I was told no, venue pick up only. I may even try Rebel at Pac Fair tomorrow just to see what happens.

Let me know what you find out Axver and I'll keep you posted if I find anything else out.

Oh, look at everybody talking talking about me.... no wonder my ears were burning! lol

Yes, I do have my tickets and yes, I did purchase them through the pre sale.

I rang Ticketmaster on 136100 and said I bought tickets in the presale, but I would like to pick them up before the concert day, would that be possible?

She said yes, just take the required documentation to an outlet.

I went to Rebel Sport at Garden City, said I would like to pick up my tickets and the lady just did it. I did not tell her ( the lady at Rebel Sport) anything - just could I have my tickets please?

No problems - all done.

I don't see why you could not do the same. What a mystery.

Good luck with it anyway.

Edit : Maybe the problem has been that you have been too candid and asked 'permission' to pick them up?

See, on my computer print out, the order confirmation, it doesn't even mention the word 'pre sale'.

Unless you told them, how could they even know they weren't just bought in the general sale?? And therefore able to be picked up any time?

I just acted like this was how it was meant to happen, and didn't even mention the presale.

Maybe that is why I had no problems?

Last edited:
When I went to pick mine up, the lady at the counter tried to print them (I don't think I said that they were from the presale) but the computer wouldn't let her and she actually phoned up someone elsewhere to find out why they wouldn't print.

I'll be interested to know how you get on, Neil. Maybe I'll try my luck at the Garden City outlet ...

blueeyedgirl said:
Maybe Imogen just looks more trustworthy than the two of you blaggers??? :wink:

:lol:

I don't doubt that for a second!!!!

Mind you, the blagging has paid off!! A bit hungover from last nights beer for a mates birthday, feeling a bit tired, long hair still wet from the shower I'd had minutes before I walked out the door, I casually strolled into Rebel, handed over my ticket confirmation and credit card, flashed a smile and within 30 seconds had my tickets in my hand!!! Didn't even get asked for my ID!!! No queuing at the ticket pick up point for me on the 21st!!!

Axver, give it another go. Just pass over the stuff and tell the person behind the counter you're there to pick up your tickets and you should be ok!!

YOU GOT THEM?! :applaud:

I'm totally going to get my tickets at the next available moment (damn not being able to drive!).

Axver said:
YOU GOT THEM?! :applaud:

I'm totally going to get my tickets at the next available moment (damn not being able to drive!).

Go for it. I had absolutely no hassle at all..... the main thing is not having to worry about having to pick them up on the day!!

I am pleased to hear you got your tickets.

Hope Axver will be holding his soon too.

Sending 'success' vibes your way Axver! lol

Hey y'all,

Did anyone see the Big W ad in the Sunday paper offering HTDAAB Australian Tour Edition CD for $14.95?

Does anyone know what's on it?

It was in the Sunday Mail...

bono_man said:
Hey y'all,

Did anyone see the Big W ad in the Sunday paper offering HTDAAB Australian Tour Edition CD for $14.95?

Does anyone know what's on it?

It was in the Sunday Mail...

No I have not seen or heard anything about such a CD. Do you know anything on if this CD will be sold nationwide?

I did a quick google search and I found an Ebay link to a HTDAAB New Zealand Tour Edition: http://cgi.ebay.com/U2-NEW-ZEALAND-...3QQcategoryZ307QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I am unsure if this is genuine, however this cd by the pictures contains the tracks allready found on the HTDAAB cd. The only difference I can spot is the mention of the dates of concerts at the back and a different title at the front.

Those tour editions are being sold here, the tracklisting is the same, the only differences are there's a sleeveand the tour dates are printed on it.

I went into my local BigW and yes its exactly what MacHat saw. Just the same cd with a sleeve and the tour dates on it. They were also selling pretty much every album from what I saw for $14.95, and 3 DVDS (Live at Slane, Vertigo and the Best of DVD not sure which year that was again). Not bad prices considering I have seen the older albums in JB Hifi and Sanity for like $25-30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom