(11-22-2004) Limited Edition Delayed in Canada? -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Limited Edition Delayed in Canada?

A source with HMV in Toronto has told Interference.com that the limited edition boxed set of "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" has been delayed in Canada.

"We have received our order for the regular versions of the new U2 album and not the limited edition so we will NOT have it for tonight or Tuesday (the official release date).

So I can say with confidence that it has been officially delayed.

We should still have the UK version with 'Fast Cars' on it, the 12-inch and we are hoping to the have the UK vinyl as well.

We also have a small number of promotional t-shirts & vinyl to give away with the purchase of the new album tonight, we are the ONLY HMV open tonight, we might be the only music shop open as well."

True?

The umusic.ca website has a news posted today about the album coming out tomorrow and the mention of the limited edition...but not that it is being delayed....hopefully they are not lying about this and hding a delay in their post today!

I have sent an email to them and awaiting the answer....

Will also call stores (as usually they have cds 1-2 days before)

That's partially true and partially not.

First off, they definitely AREN'T the only HMV open tonight, cause the one in downtown Halifax is for sure. There's also a Nirvana box set coming out tonight so they're open for that, and also the regular edition.

Secondly, the HMV here claimed not 5 minutes ago when I called them that they ordered in 601 limited edition copies, and did not get a single one of them. The clerk I spoke to called the receiver and the shipper both and was informed that the release date of the limited edition has been pushed back to the 25th, which is this Friday.

:mad:

Just called a HMV store here in Ottawa (also opened at midnight) and they told me they do have the limited edition version in store!

Hopefully they won't push back the date because some others won't be having them (no offence to others! :)

Anyway...seems like another collosal mistake by Universal (like the back to future dvds widescreen edition...and countless others)

macfisto said:
Just called a HMV store here in Ottawa (also opened at midnight) and they told me they do have the limited edition version in store!

Hopefully they won't push back the date because some others won't be having them (no offence to others! :)

Anyway...seems like another collosal mistake by Universal (like the back to future dvds widescreen edition...and countless others)

You have to be clear with the people you speak with that work at the shops because they might mislead you into believing that the cd/dvd version is the "Limited Edition" when in fact it is just a "Deluxe Edition." You must ask if they carry the version that is bound in a hardback book. Are you sure macfisto?

I just spoke to customer service at Universal Music Canada and they confirmed that the Deluxe Collectors edition will NOT be availible until November 30, 2004.

They were very rude and did NOT give any indication as to why there was a delay.

I then asked them what they were prepared to do to compensate those of us who have pre-ordered the package.

THEY WILL NOT DO ANYTHING. "That's just the way it is" according to Universal Customer Service.

1-800-265-1955 Toll Free Universal Canada

I am furious as I pre-ordered this over a month ago!!!!! Anybody have any idea what we can do??

Hey Roland!

I asked about the version with the book (did not specify the $$ it could be) and told me he had it!

I told him about the rumour that one version was not available and he did not mention that it was the case!

Dude,

I talked with Universal Canada directly and they confirmed that the version with the Book, DVD & CD was not going to be available until November 30, 2004. They didn't apologize, they didn't give any reason why, they didn't say how they were going to make it up to those of us who pre-ordered the thing.

The woman there was as rude as possible and refused to answer my questions. When I pressed the issue she simply said "these things happen". That was it.

If HMV have it, it is likely the Japanese import version and not the North American release.

Does anyone know someone at Universal who might be able to give us some answers and compensate us for the extra week?

Shono said:
Does anyone know someone at Universal who might be able to give us some answers and compensate us for the extra week?

I think the fact of the matter is that these things do happen. How do you wish to be compensated? I think that in it self is a matter you might want to take up with the site or shop you ordered from not universal. Delays are part of the business though, they do happen quite often. Maybe you should consider purchasing the standard cd only version to tie you over. It has photos and lyrics that you will not find in the collector's edition. The shops will have them by the end of the week. Its only 3 more days from tomorrow.

Sorry man, I am a little bummed to. I did get the standard cd version on friday, so I'm not too bummed.

These things do happen, I think US orders get looked after first and then Canadian stores get whats left of the limited edition. And yes it is indeed delayed till the 30th. Really not much Universal Canada can do about that.

And I think the source meant he/she thought they were the only music store and HMV in Toronto not Canada that will be open.

macfisto said:
Hey Roland!

I asked about the version with the book (did not specify the $$ it could be) and told me he had it!

I told him about the rumour that one version was not available and he did not mention that it was the case!

So, do you have it yet bud? (crosses fingers)

I am so pissed.

I called a few stores yesterday. Some said they had it (physically). I received an email back from Universal after telling me the UK shipments won't be available until later. I called back a store that assured me they had it physically and I asked if they had the right to sell it on the 23rd anyway (even if some stores did not have it yet). They told me yes. Universal LIED to ME!

I left later than usual missed an hour of worked this morning to be told by that store that they did have it but could't sell it until the 25th!!

Not only did they lied to me also! But Universal pissed me totally off after lying by not letting some stores that did have it, sell them!

This is totally uncalled for! Another Universal debacle!

They don't care about customers! They laugh at us! No excuse for this! They should have been prepared! (specially for their biggest release of the year!)

They take us for granted!

That's what consolidation of big companies do...we the customers are the losers! They don't care: what are going to do?

Anyway, since I had a listening party tonight, I bought the cd-dvd version (I guess that was Universal plan all the time) at 10.99 and will probably give it for Christmas to my younger sisters who need to become fans! :)

macfisto said:
I am so pissed.

macfisto!

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I am still seething over this. I called Universal Canada yesterday at the number I posted above, and I was treated like shit. Worse than shit. The customer service person just sat there without responding to any of my questions.

I work in the service (insurance) industry and I know what it feels like to have some one tear you a new one, so I was polite and respectful through out the entire call. She had her back up and refused to even acknowledge they screwed up.

I wrote them a scathing email and demanded that they take responsibility for the mix up and do something for the Canadian fans that now have to wait. We are the last fans in THE WORLD to have access to this Box set. This is insane. I understand that the US manufacturer screwed up. But I resent the fact that because the US manufacturer screwed up the US customers gets their Special Editions and we have to wait. Are we supposed to accept that Universal isn’t in control of their CD distribution? They knew this IN ADVANCE yet they didn’t advise the consumers or the retailers.

Why would I buy anything from Universal after this? In my mind it simply encourages me to download music for free and skip paying Universal. If this is how they want to treat their shrinking consumer base (who put food on their collective table), then why bother?

1-800-265-1955 Toll Free Universal Canada

canada.webmaster@umusic.com

Back
Top Bottom