NBA 2021-22: Ben Simmons and Kyrie Walk Into A Bar While Talking About The Lakers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant like the top 3-4 west teams are easily bigger powerhouses than the top team in the East.

Not sure about that. If the Bucks make it out of the East, I would not want to be facing them off I were one of those top teams in the West. The Suns learned that last year. Possibly the Heat, Celtics, Nets and Sixers could give those teams trouble too.

Not sure why they are doing this.
I mean it looked like they were tanking to avoid Brooklyn on Thurs at Milwaukee, now they are playing everyone full tilt

Yeah I never like saying “oh I’d rather pay this team” but I’d for sure rather have the Bulls in the 1st round.

they're all scared to play the raptors for good reason

I think the vaccine mandate is at play.
We know Philly will be without Thybulle in Toronto, and there has been speculation about Jaylen Brown. I'm guessing the Celts are basically confirming Brown is not vaxxed by playing to win.

yeah i'm sure it's that they're worried about the vaccine mandate, rather than they don't want to play the hottest team in the eastern conference.

all jokes aside the sixers vs raptors series is shaping up to be entertaining as fuck and i'm looking forward to it no matter the outcome. i wish peef was still around to give his thoughts.

Any good team can give any good team trouble, sure. Most any western top 4 makes an eastern underdog.

the only team in the west that would be favored to beat Milwaukee in an NBA Finals matchup is Phoenix. I think that would go for Philly or Brooklyn if they were to make it to the finals as well. The only wild card there is Golden State - if they're able to overcome their injury woes and make a run, it would be tough not to favor them against most teams.

Miami and Boston would likely be a pick'em type situation with any of the other teams in the West, aside from Phoenix and Golden State. I actually think the eastern conference teams would be slight favorites over a Dallas or Denver, whereas Memphis would likely be slight favorites in the same matchup (emphasis on slight).

So I'd say it's 1 and a half teams in the West would make any eastern team an underdog - with the half being Golden State if they are able to get healthy and start clicking.

The conferences are pretty evenly matched at the top - with the east being significantly deeper at this point. Definitely a change from years past.

Oh wow. Celtics must really want to play against KD in the first round. :doh:

The Celtics really wanted to avoid the Fauci Ouchie in the first round. It was a business decision. Would you rather face the more talented team with your full roster or a solid, dangerous (but not a title contending) team without your second best player (with your rim protector already out of action).

Boston could also end up facing Cleveland, especially if Allen plays - so yea, it's a reasonable gamble.

Boston at full strength is better than Toronto. Boston without Brown and Williams are most certainly not better than Toronto - so you take your chances and hope Cleveland pulls off an upset and/or the enigma that is the Nets simply can't put it together.

Last edited:
the official mouthpiece of Klutch with an absolutely laughable suggestion for the lakers next coach.

the second name mentioned will be the guy. nurse isn't going anywhere.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1513547072347197444

After a failed season that started with a draft-night trade heightening championship expectations and ended outside of the postseason, the Lakers must re-evaluate everything, from their decision-making to how they surround two All-NBA pillars to their coaching staff. And changes could come soon.

The Lakers are expected to fire head coach Frank Vogel, sources tell The Athletic. Among the franchise’s top targets for the position, multiple sources say, is Toronto Raptors head coach Nick Nurse.

In three seasons as Lakers coach, Vogel helped lead the franchise to the 2020 NBA championship and had a 127-98 record. But these Lakers have been searching for a new voice, and Vogel, who is entering the final year of his contract, saw defensive slippage and had his voice wane throughout the season.

Nurse, who led the Raptors to a championship in 2019, signed a multiyear contract extension in 2020 and has two years left on his deal. It’s unclear whether he will be attainable or whether he would have interest, but the Lakers are hoping the former Coach of the Year is an option with the allure of coaching James and Davis and the appeal of the Los Angeles market. To acquire Nurse, the Lakers would need to receive permission from the Raptors and likely engage them on a prospective trade. Over the next several weeks, expect several other candidates to emerge, including University of Michigan coach Juwan Howard, who interviewed for the opening in 2019.

Shams puts out what Adele Paul - and thus lebron - wants him to put out. so it's hardly a shock to see that the two candidates mentioned are names - one who is under contract with zero chance of leaving, and one who likes to punch people in the post game handshake line (and who was an assistant in Miami when lebron was there).

looks like Michigan will be searching for a new coach.

Last edited:
If they go with Howard, at least they know he'll have no problem slapping people around.

Joe Gatto leaves the impractical Jokers and Lakers can Frank Vogel...coincidence? I think not.

EHDUIX3X0AAaRaa.jpg:large

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- LeBron James says he will be hands-off when it comes to the Los Angeles Lakers' offseason decision-making process coming off one of the most disappointing seasons in franchise history.

"That's not my decision," James said in a news conference Monday ahead of the team's exit interviews. "It's not my decision to sit here and say, 'Well, this is what we should bring back and have on the roster.' That would be the front office's decision. And obviously they may ask my input but at the end of the day, they'll make the decision they feel that best suits this franchise going forward."

ohhhhh. oh okay. sure sure sure sure.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1513957917682188290

can't really complain, but still think it should have gone to Jenkins.

Phoenix being good is not a shock to anyone. They were in the finals last year.

Memphis having the 2nd best record in the NBA? Going 20-4 when Ja Morant was out of the lineup?

Come on man... that's your winner.

Never in a million years did I think I would ever root for Boston, but I am really hoping they dismantle the Nets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom