NBA 2021-22: Ben Simmons and Kyrie Walk Into A Bar While Talking About The Lakers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a serious non-troll question this time... watching the All Star Game, I thought it was serious? The players seem to be borderline walking and defence seems non-existent.

no all-star game in any north american sport is taken seriously. if you're one of the players it would be very stupid to play hard and risk an injury in a meaningless exhibition game. the most obvious example of this is the linemen in the NFL pro bowl - they literally just stand up and watch on every play and don't try to rush the QB or block.

Do you guys enjoy the games then?

We had a similar game two years ago, and it was really high-scoring but I didn't enjoy it because it just felt really fake and lightweight, cos no one was taking it seriously.

Do you guys enjoy the games then?

We had a similar game two years ago, and it was really high-scoring but I didn't enjoy it because it just felt really fake and lightweight, cos no one was taking it seriously.

i personally think all-star games are pointless and all the players should just get a week off during the middle of the season. the fact that the league's best players have to work during this week and everyone else gets to chill is ridiculous and unfair. the tv networks insist on all this dog and pony show though.

the new trophy is neat but i wish the kobe bryant award was given out for something a little more important than all-star game MVP.

What's even worse is that people are defending him on Twitter like he's some kind of victim. :doh:
I can't even start with people who try and argue that Howard was in the right because Wisconsin took a time out with 15 seconds left. Give me a break.

Even if you think Wisconsin's coach was wrong for doing that, which is debatable, there's still no excuse for what Howard did.

And it's not as if we can just write it off as a mistake by someone with limited coaching experience, give him a suspension and call it a learning experience, because he literally did the exact damn thing against Maryland. He obviously learned nothing.

He has no business coaching.

If Howard wasn't pressing down 15 with 15 seconds left, then Gard wouldn't have called the timeout. So, Howard can thank himself for the timeout call.
He should be slinging Whoppers by Wednesday, not like this is the first incident with him and anger issues, just the first time hitting an opposing coach on national TV.
His ass should be canned, today. (Should have happened yesterday)

Shocking that Jalen Rose is basically pinning the whole incident on Gard.
When I was in college in New Hampshire we used to buy $5 nosebleeds at the Headache Hewson Center and sneak down to the 100s and talk shit to the players, back when you could do such things cause the Celtics sucked.

Jalen Rose was the only one who ever talked back.

I don't know if there's really a point to this story. Alas.

https://tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength

lebron getting ready for that tough end of season stretch

P5oB.gif

I doubt at this point in his career LeBron isn’t aware of the all time scoring record and how skipping games puts that at risk

the injuries and/or kyrie being kyrie have really opened up the nba playoffs...

bucks and 76ers have to be the favorites right now, but you can't really rule anyone out. is it totally crazy that Memphis could make a run? miami?

playoffs gonna be crazy.

there's only one guarantee right now, and that is that the lakers suck.

Grizzlies-Heat would be a great series. I'd really like to see Jimmy Buckets get a ring. He's been a favorite of mine for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom